- Volume 2 Issue 3
Currently, most logistics use containers. The construction of new port and high speed medium size container ship for the transportation of merchandise have become very important. The problem of ship stability is also important because of its direct influence on the loss of human life, ships, and merchandise. The stability of a container ship during its operation is not a large problem because it is well considered in the design process. However, the assessment of ship stability during container loading/unloading in port still depends on the expertise of experienced personnel. In this paper, a model based simulation system is introduced, which is able to assess ship stability during container loading/unloading, using ENVISION, a general purpose simulation system.
Mobile Learning Model based simulation;CAD;CAE;Loading/unloading;High speed medium size container ship;Stability assessment
- G. Jones and T. Hankinson, Simulation Based Design for Ship Design and Acquisition, Proceedings of ICCAS, Bremen, Germany, (1994).
- John Cardner, Simulation of Mobile Offshore Base, Project Report, GCRMTC, (1998).
- Ken Fast, Electronic Visualization System(EVS) at Electric Boat, Proceedings of Deneb's User Group, (1996).
- Kim E.C., et al., Development of Container Loading/Unloading and Transportation System for Next Generation (III)-Development of High Speed Medium Size Container Ship", Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering, (2000), (in Korea).
- Kim H.T., Evaluation of Safety for Container Loading/Unloading Using Modeling & Simulation Technologies", Journal of Ships and Ocean Engineering, Vol. 29, pp161-166, (2000), (in Korea).
- Lee J.K, et al., Development of Model based CAE and Simulation Technologies for Ships and Ocean Engineering (III), Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering, (2000), (in Korea).
- Lee S.S, et al., Simulation for Ship Stability According to Container Loading/Unloading, Proceedings SNAK, (1999), (in Korea).
- Lee S.S, Concurrent Engineering Based Integrated Basic Ship Planning System using Internet, Ph.D. Thesis, Pusan National University (2005)..
- SEASAFE, SIKOB-Package for Naval Architect Calculations User s Guide, Sweden, (2003).