- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Ratio Cum Regression Estimator for Estimating a Population Mean with a Sub Sampling of Non Respondents
- Kumar, Sunil (Department of Statistics, University of Jammu)
- Received : 2011.12.31
- Accepted : 2012.07.18
- Published : 2012.09.30
In the present study, a combined ratio cum regression estimator is proposed to estimate the population mean of the study variable in the presence of a non-response using an auxiliary variable under double sampling. The expressions of bias and mean squared error(MSE) based on the proposed estimator is derived under double (or two stage) sampling to the first degree of approximation. Some estimators are also derived from the proposed class by allocating the suitable values of constants used. A comparison of the proposed estimator with the usual unbiased estimator and other derived estimators is carried out. An empirical study is carried out to demonstrate the performance of the suggested estimator and of others; it is endow that the empirical results backing the theoretical study.
- Cochran, W. G. (1940). Sampling Techniques, 3rd edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Cochran, W. G. (1977). Sampling Techniques, 3rd edition, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Gupta, P. C. (1978). On some quadratic and higher degree ratio and product estimators, Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, 30, 71-80.
- Gupta, P. C. (1979). Some Estimation Problems in Sampling Using Auxiliary Information, Ph. D. thesis IARS, New Delhi.
- Hansen, M. H. and Hurwitz, W. N. (1946). The problem of non-response in sample surveys, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 41, 517-529. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1946.10501894
- Khare, B. B. and Srivastava, S. (1993). Estimation of population mean using auxiliary character in presence of non-response, National Academy Science Letters (India), 16, 111-114.
- Khare, B. B. and Srivastava, S. (1995). Study of conventional and alternative two-phase sampling ratio, product and regression estimators in presence of non-response, In Proceeding Indian National Science Academy Indian, 65, 195-203.
- Khare, B. B. and Srivastava, S. (1997). Transformed ratio type estimators for the population mean in the presence of nonresponse, Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 26, 1779-1791. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610929708832012
- Kumar, S. and Singh, H. P. (2010). Estimation of mean using multi auxiliary information in presence of non-response, Communications of the Korean Statistical Society, 17, 391-411. https://doi.org/10.5351/CKSS.2010.17.3.391
- Lewis, P. A., Jones, P. W., Polak, J. W. and Tillotson, H. T. (1991). The problem of conversion in method comparison studies, Journal of Applied Statistics, 40, 105-112. https://doi.org/10.2307/2347908
- Murthy, M. N. (1964). Product method of estimation, Sankhya: The Indian Journal of Statistics, Series A, 26, 294-307.
- Okafor, F. C. and Lee, H. (2000). Double sampling for ratio and regression estimation with subsampling the non-respondents, Survey Methodology, 26, 183-188.
- Rao, P. S. R. S. (1986). Ratio estimation with sub sampling the non-respondents, Survey Methodology, 12, 217-230.
- Rao, P. S. R. S. (1987). Ratio and regression estimates with sub sampling the non respondents, Paper presented at a special contributed session of the International Statistical Association Meeting, 2-16, Tokyo, Japan.
- Reddy, V. N. (1973). On ratio and product methods of estimation, Sankhya: The Indian Journal of Statistics, Series B, 35, 307-316.
- Reddy, V. N. (1974). On a transformed ratio method of estimation, Sankhya: The Indian Journal of Statistics, Series C, 36, 59-70.
- Robson, D. S. (1957). Applications of multivariate polykays to the theory of unbiased ratio type estimators, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 52, 511-522. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1957.10501407
- Sahai, A. (1979). An efficient variant of the product and ratio estimator, Statistica Neerlandica, 33, 27-35. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9574.1979.tb00659.x
- Singh, H. P. and Kumar, S. (2008a). A regression approach to the estimation of finite population mean in presence of non-response, Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics, 50, 395-408. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-842X.2008.00525.x
- Singh, H. P. and Kumar, S. (2008b). A general family of estimators of finite population ratio, prod- uct and mean using two phase sampling scheme in the presence of non-response, Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, 2, 677-692. https://doi.org/10.1080/15598608.2008.10411902
- Singh, H. P. and Kumar, S. (2009a). A general class of estimators of the population mean in sur- vey sampling using auxiliary information with sub sampling the non-respondents, The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics, 22, 387-402. https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2009.22.2.387
- Singh, H. P. and Kumar, S. (2009b). A general procedure of estimating the population mean in the presence of non-response under double sampling using auxiliary information, SORT, 33, 71-84.
- Singh, H. P. and Kumar, S. (2010a). Estimation of mean in presence of non-response using two phase sampling scheme, Statistical Papers, 50, 559-582.
- Singh, H. P. and Kumar, S. (2010b). Improved estimation of population mean under two phase sam- pling with sub sampling the non-respondents, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 140, 2536-2550. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jspi.2010.03.023
- Singh, H. P. and Kumar, S. (2011). Combination of ratio and regression estimators in presence of non-response, Brazilian journal of Probability and Statistics, 25, 205-217. https://doi.org/10.1214/10-BJPS117
- Singh, H. P., Kumar, S. and Kozak, M. (2010). Improved estimation of finite-population mean when sub-sampling is employed to deal with non-response, Communication in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 39, 791-802. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610920902796056
- Singh, M. P. (1965). On the estimation of ratio and product of the population parameters, Sankhya: The Indian Journal of Statistics, Series B, 27, 321-328.
- Srivastava, S. (1967). An estimator using auxiliary information in sample surveys, Calcutta Statistical Association Bulletin, 16, 121-132.
- Srivastava, S. (1993). Some Problems on the Estimation of Population Mean Using Auxiliary Character in Presence of Non-Response in Sample Surveys, Thesis submitted to Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Srivenkataramana, T. (1980). A dual to ratio estimator in sample surveys, Biometrika, 67, 199-204. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/67.1.199
- Tabasum, R. and Khan, I. A. (2004). Double sampling for ratio estimation with non-response, Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, 58, 300-306.
- Tabasum, R. and Khan, I. A. (2006). Double sampling ratio estimator for the population mean in presence of non-response, Assam Statistical Review, 20, 73-83.
- Tripathi, T. P. and Khare, B. B. (1997). Estimation of mean vector in presence of non-response, Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 26, 2255-2269. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610929708832045
- Walsh, J. E. (1970). Generalization of ratio estimate for population total, Sankhya: The Indian Journal of Statistics, Series A, 32, 99-106.
- Watson, D. J. (1937). The estimation of leaf areas, Journal of Agricultural Science, 27, 474. https://doi.org/10.1017/S002185960005173X
- Improved estimation of population mean in presence of nonresponse and measurement error vol.10, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1080/15598608.2016.1216488