- Volume 61 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Wire Rope Fault Detection using Probability Density Estimation
확률분포추정기법을 이용한 와이어로프의 결함진단
- Received : 2012.10.04
- Accepted : 2012.10.29
- Published : 2012.11.01
A large number of wire rope has been used in various inderstiries as Cranes and Elevators from expanding the scale of the industrial market. But now, the management of wire rope is used as manually operated by rope replacement from over time or after the accident.It is caused to major accidents as well as economic losses and personal injury. Therefore its time to need periodic fault diagnosis of wire rope or supply of real-time monitoring system. Currently, there are several methods has been reported for fault diagnosis method of the wire rope, to find out the feature point from extracting method is becoming more common compared to time wave and model-based system. This method has implemented a deterministic modeling like the observer and neural network through considering the state of the system as a deterministic signal. However, the out-put of real system has probability characteristics, and if it is used as a current method on this system, the performance will be decreased at the real time. And if the random noise is occurred from unstable measure/experiment environment in wire rope system, diagnostic criterion becomes unclear and accuracy of diagnosis becomes blurred. Thus, more sophisticated techniques are required rather than deterministic fault diagnosis algorithm. In this paper, we developed the fault diagnosis of the wire rope using probability density estimation techniques algorithm. At first, The steady-state wire rope fault signal detection is defined as the probability model through probability distribution estimate. Wire rope defects signal is detected by a hall sensor in real-time, it is estimated by proposed probability estimation algorithm. we judge whether wire rope has defection or not using the error value from comparing two probability distribution.
Wire rope detection;Probability density estimation
Supported by : 동아대학교
- J. T. Min, J. W. Lee, K. S. Lee, "A Study on Development of Remote Crane Wire Rope Flaws Detection Systems," KINPR, Vol.27, No.1, pp.97-102, 2003.
- E. Kalwa, K. Piekarski, Design of Hall-effect sensors for magnetic testing of steel wire ropes, NDT International, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 295-240, 1987.
- S D Kim, Development of Nondestructive Detecting System for Elevator Wire Ropes using Hall-effect Sensors, J. of KSS, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 33-42, 2001.
- H. C. Cho, K. S Kim, K. S. Lee, "Stochastic Model based Fault Diagnosis System of Induction Motors using Online Probability Density Estimation," KIEE Trans, vol. 57, no.10, pp1847-1853, 2008.
- K. S. Kim, Y. J. Lee, H. Song, K. S. Lee, "Model based Fault Detection and Diagnosis of Induction Motors using Probability Density Estimation," 2008 KIEE Conference, 2008.
- J. B Nestleroth, T. A. Bubenik, Magnetic Flux Leakage(MFL) Technology For Natural Gas Pipeline Inspection, GRI, 1999.
- K. S. Lee, J. H. Suh, J. T. Min, Y. J. Lee, "Development of Real-time Remote Detection System for Crane Wire Rope Defect," KSPE Trans, Vol.22, No.1, pp.53-60, 2005.