- Volume 38 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Grain Size Dependency of Selected Heavy Metals in the Surface Sediment of Lake Paldang
팔당호 표층 퇴적물에 함유된 중금속의 입도 의존성에 관한 연구
Shin, Kyung-Yong;Jun, Sang-Ho
- Received : 2012.08.29
- Accepted : 2012.10.16
- Published : 2012.10.31
Objective: The purpose of this study was to present the standard deviation of the elemental normalization of concentration of selected heavy metals in the surface sediment of Lake Paldang. Methods: Grain size dependency of selected heavy metal concentrations in the surface sediments of Lake Paldang was analyzed by the extrapolation method. The heavy metal concentrations were the sum of all fractions. Results: Cd and Cu showed an increase of the coefficient of determination(
grain size dependency;heavy metal;lake paldang;surface sediment
- Frstner U, W, Calmano, Schoer J. Metals in sediments from the Elbe. Weser and Ems Estuaries and from the German Bight: grain size effects and chemical forms. Thalassia Jugosi. 1982; 12: 30-8.
- Sakai H, Y. Kojima and K. Saito. Distribution of heavy metals in water and sieved sediment in the Toyohira River. Wat. Res. 1986; 20: 559-67. https://doi.org/10.1016/0043-1354(86)90019-9
- Bubb, J. M. T. Rudd & J. N. Lester. Distribution of heavy metals in the River Tare and its associated broads. III. Lead and Zinc. Sci. Total Envir. 1990; 102: 189-208.
- Jun SH, Park YA. Forms and mobility of sediment phosphorus in Lake Soyang. Korean J. Limnol. 1990; 23(2): 139-40.
- Grant. A. and Middleton R. An assessment of metal contamination of sedimets in the Humber Estuary, U. K. Estuar. coast. Shelf Sci. 1990; 31: 71-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/0272-7714(90)90029-Q
- Loring. D. H and R. T. T. Rantala, Manual for the geochemical analyses of marine sediments and suspended particulate matter. Earth-Sci. Rew. 1992; 32: 235-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/0012-8252(92)90001-A
- Windom H. L. Contamination of the marine environment from land-based source. Mar. Poll. Bull. 1992; 25(4): 32-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/0025-326X(92)90180-E
- Daskalakis. K. D and T. P. O'Connor. Normalization and elemental sediment contamination in the coastal United States. Envi. Sci. Technol. 1995; 29: 470-7. https://doi.org/10.1021/es00002a024
- Lim HC. A study on Grain-size Normalization of Acid Extractable Heavy Metal Contents in Soils [dissertation]. [Chuncheon]: Kangwon University; 2002.
- Jun SH, Choi NH, Kim SO (1996). A Study on Normalization of Heavy Metal Contents in Soils. Korean J. Soil Sci. 1996; 87-98.
- Kong DS. Limnological and ecological studies of lake Paldang [dissertation]. [Seoul]: Korea University; 1992.
- NIER. Modeling water quality of Pal-Dang reservoir( II), 1989.
- Folk R. L. and Ward W. C. Brazos River Bar, A Study in the Significance of Grain Size Parameter. J. Sed. Pet. 1957; 27: 3-27. https://doi.org/10.1306/74D70646-2B21-11D7-8648000102C1865D
- Tessier A, Campbell P. G. C. and Bisson, M. Sequential extraction prodedure for the speciation of particulate trace metals. Analytical Chemistry. 1979; 51: 844-51. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac50043a017
- Shepard F. P. Nomenclature Based on Sand-Silt- Clay Ratios. J. Sed. Pet. 1954; 24: 151-58
- Salomons W., Frstner U., Mader P. Heavy metals problems and solutions. Springer. 1994; 412.