- Volume 38 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Assessment of the Water Quality of Jungnang Stream by Flow Conditions Using Load Duration Curve
부하지속곡선을 이용한 중랑천의 유량 조건별 수질특성 평가
Choi, Kyung-Wan;Shin, Kyung-Yong;Lee, Hyung-Jin;Jun, Sang-Ho
- Received : 2012.09.03
- Accepted : 2012.10.15
- Published : 2012.10.31
Objective: The objective of this study was to suggest a method through which load duration curve was used to assess the achievement of water quality targets in accordance with the criteria for pollutant load depending on flow rate variation. Methods: The stage-discharge curve and flow duration curve of Jungnang Stream were deduced. Using water quality targets and measurement of the stream, the flow duration curve was also drawn. Based on these, the feasibility of achievement of water quality targets in respect to flow rate was assessed. Results: In terms of the load duration curve of the stream, it was observed that excess of criteria for concentrations of
jungnang stream;load duration curve;pollutant load;water quality
- Kim JK. A system development of load duration curve based on Web for TMDL and basin characteristics analysis. [dissertation]. [Chunchon]: Kangwon University; 2008.
- Lee KH, A study of reasonable performance assessment for total water pollution loading system, Gyeonggi Research Institute; 2010.
- Nebraska, "Nebraska's approach for developing TMDLs for streams using load duration curve"; 2002.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs. Han river basin water control project(Jungnang stream special zone); 2008.
- Ministry of Environment. Standard method for examination of water; 2007.
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation. Hydrological observation manual; 2004.
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation. stagedischarge curve equation in 2010. Hydrological survey center; 2010.
- Vogel, R.M, Fenessey N.M. Flow-duration curves, 1: New interpretation and confidence intervals. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE. 1994; 120(4): 485-504. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9496(1994)120:4(485)
- Dingman, S.L. Physical Hydrology, 2nd ed. New Jersey; Prentice Hall; 2002: 646.
- Kim KH, Yoon JY, Development and application of coliform load duration curve for the geum river. Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality. 2005; 21(5): 516-9.
- Han SH, Shin HS, Kim SD. Applicability of load duration curve to Nakdong river watershed management. Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality. 2007; 23(5): 620-7.
- Cleland, B.R. TMDL Development from the "Bottom Up"-Part III: Duration Curves and Wet-Weather Assessments, America Clean Water Foundation; 2003: 27.
- Ministry of Environment. The target water quality for total amount management at boundary point in Seoul, Kyunggi, Incheon of Han-River watershed; 2011.
- Nebraska, "Total Maxium Daily Loads fort he Big Blue River Basin(Fecal coliform and E. coli Bacteria)", Nebraska Department of Enviromental Qiality Planning Unit, Water Quality Division; 2002.
- Kim JG, Park YS, Yoo DS, Eernie E., Kim JS, Lim KJ. Development of Web-based Load Duration Curve for Analysis of TMDL and Water Quality Characteristics. Korean Society on Water Quality; 2009.
- Park JD, Kim JL, Rhew DH, Jung DI. A Study on the Water Quality Patterns of Unit Watersheds for the Management of TMDLs -in Nakdong River Basin-. Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality. 2010; 26(2): 279-88.
- U.S. EPA Office of Wetlands. Oceans, & Watersheds. An Approach for Using Load Duration Curves in the Development of TMDLs; 2007.
- Park JH, A Study of Waterbody Health Diagnosis Method using Load Duration Curve[dissertation] [Daegu]: Kyungpook National University; 2010.
- Shon TS, Joo JS, Park JB, Shin HS. TMDL Evaluation of Nakdong River Using Load Duration Curve and Streamfow-Load Rating Curve. Korean Society of Civil Engineers. 2011; 31(5B): 475-81.
- Hwang HS, Park BK, Kim YS, Park KJ, Cheon SU, Lee SJ. Research on the Applicability of the Load Duration Curve to Evaluate the Achievement of Target Water Quality in the Watershed for a TMDL. Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality. 2011; 27(6): 885-95.
- Sartor, J. D., Buchberger, S. G. Partitioning and First Flush of Metals in Urban Roadway Storm Water. Journal of Wnvironmental Engineering. ASCE. 1997; 123(2): 134-43.
- Characteristics of Temporal Variation on Water Quality (T-P, T-N, CODMn, SS, BOD5) in the Jungrang Stream during Rainfall Event vol.36, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2014.36.6.412