- Volume 25 Issue 5
Several statistical models for bivariate poisson data are suggested and used to analyze 2011 K-league data. Our interest is composed of two purposes: The first purpose is to exploit potential attacking and defensive abilities of each team. Particular, a bivariate poisson model with diagonal inflation is incorporated for the estimation of draws. A joint model is applied to estimate an association between poisson distribution and probability of draw. The second one is to investigate causes on scoring time of goals and a regression technique of recurrent event data is applied. Some related future works are suggested.
Bivariate poisson data;diagonal inflation model;K-league;random effect;recurrent event data
- Cook, R. J. and Lawless, J. F. (2007). The Statistical Analysis of Recurrent Events, Springer, New York.
- Ho, L. and Singer, J. (2001). Generalized least squares methods for bivariate poisson regression, Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 30, 263-277. https://doi.org/10.1081/STA-100002030
- Karlis, D. and Ntzoufras, I. (2003). Analysis of sports data by using bivariate Poisson models, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society D (The Statistician), 52, 381-393. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-9884.00366
- Kelly, P. J. and Lim, L. Y. (2000). Survival analysis for recurrent event data: An application to childhood infectious diseases, Statistics in Medicine, 19, 12-33.
- Kocherlakota, S. and Kocherlakota, K. (2001). Regression in the bivariate Poisson distribution, Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, 30, 815-827. https://doi.org/10.1081/STA-100002259
- Li, C., Lu, J., Park, J., Kim, K. and Peterson, J. (1999). Multivariate zero-inflated Poisson models and their applications, Technometrics, 41, 29-38. https://doi.org/10.1080/00401706.1999.10485593
- Walhin, J. (2001). Bivariate ZIP models, Biometrical Journal, 43, 147-160. https://doi.org/10.1002/1521-4036(200105)43:2<147::AID-BIMJ147>3.0.CO;2-5
- Wang, K., Lee, A., Yau, K. and Carrivick, P. (2003). A bivariate zero inflated Poisson regression model to analyze occupational injuries, Accident Analysis and Prevention, 35, 625-629. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0001-4575(02)00036-2
- Prediction of K-league soccer scores using bivariate Poisson distributions vol.25, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2014.25.6.1221
Supported by : National Research Fund