- Volume 22 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Stability Assessment of Abandoned Gangway for Commercial Utilization of Services
서비스업 활용을 위한 광산 폐갱도의 안정성 평가
- SunWoo, Choon (KIGAM) ;
- Chung, So-Keul (KIGAM) ;
- Lee, Yun-Su ;
- Kang, Sang-Soo (KIGAM) ;
- Kang, Jung-Seok (KIGAM)
- 선우춘 (한국지질자원연구원 지구환경연구본부) ;
- 정소걸 (한국지질자원연구원 광물자원연구본부) ;
- 이윤수 (경북대학교 지질학과 대학원) ;
- 강상수 (한국지질자원연구원 광물자원연구본부) ;
- 강중석 (한국지질자원연구원 광물자원연구본부)
- Received : 2012.09.10
- Accepted : 2012.09.28
- Published : 2012.10.31
The stability assessment of abandoned gangway for the purpose of services was performed. Among the many factors that affect the stability of openings, the span of the opening in a given rock mass condition provides an important element of design. In this paper, the stability of gangway was assessed by the critical span curves proposed by Lang, the modified Mathews'stability graph method and using support measures of the Q system. In the evaluation of stability as a whole the gangway is considered as stable. But the rockfalls of wedge-shaped blocks were expected in the area in which the horizontal joints of low angle appear. The support measures such as local rock bolts are required to use for commercial purposes of the abandoned gangway. And entrance section may require the particular attention as unstable section. Since there are so many spalling due to bad blasting in the roof and sidewall of gangway, the scaling operations should be followed primarily.
Rock mass classification;Abandoned gangway;Stability of opening;Critical span curve;Mathews'stability graph
Grant : 녹색성장형 광산개발을 위한 시설물 갱내화 및 환경 모니터링 기술개발
Supported by : 한국지질자원연구원
- 선우춘 외, 2003, 석회석 광산갱내 채광장 및 갱도의 안전 유지기술연구, KR-03(c)-17, 한국지질자원연구원, 산업자원부, 121p.
- 선우춘 외, 2004, 석회석 광산갱내 채광장 및 갱도의 안전 유지기술연구, KR-04(c)-17, 한국지질자원연구원, 산업자원부, 157p.
- Barton, N, Lien, R. and Lunde, J. 1974, "Engineering Classifications of Rock Masses for the Design of Tunnel Support", Rock Mech., Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 189-236. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01239496
- Barton N., 2002, Some new Q-value correlations to assist in site characterization and tunnel design, Int. J of Rock Mech. Min Sci, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 185-216. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1365-1609(02)00011-4
- Bieniawski Z.T., 1973, Engineering classification of rock masses, Trans S. Afr Inst Civ Eng, Vol. 15, No. 12, pp. 335-344.
- Bieniawski, Z.T., 1989, Engineering Rock Mass Classifications, John Wiley & Sons., p. 251.
- Goodman R. E., and Shi G. H., 1985, Block theory and its application to rock engineerng, Prentice-Hall, p. 338.
- Hoek E., 1994, Strength of rock and rock masses, ISRM News, Vol. 2(2), pp. 4-16.
- Hoek E. and Brown E.T., 1997, Practical estimates of rock mass strength, Int. J of Rock Mech Min Sci., Vol. 34(8), pp. 1165-1186. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1365-1609(97)80069-X
- Hoek E., Marinos P., and Benissi M., 1998, Applicability of the geological strength index (GSI) classification for very weak and sheared rock masses-The case of Athens Schist Formation, Bull Eng Geol Env., Vol. 57, pp. 151-160. https://doi.org/10.1007/s100640050031
- Lang, B., 1994, Span Design for Entry-Type Excavations. MASc Thesis, University of British Columbia, p. 250.
- Lang, B., R. Pakalnis, and S. Vongpaisal, 1991, Span Design in wide cut and fill stope at Detour Lake Mine, 93rd Annual General Meeting, Canadian Institute of Mining, Vancouver, Paper No. 142.
- Laubscher, D.H., 1977, Geomechanics classification of jointed rock masses-mining applications, Trans. Inst. Min. Metall., Vol. 86, pp. A1-A7.
- Laubscher, D.H., 1984, Design aspects and effectiveness of support system in different mining conditions, Trans. Inst. Min. Metall., Vol. 93, pp. A70-A81.
- Mathews, K.E., Hoek, E., Wyllie, D.C., and Stewart, S.B.V., 1980, Prediction of stable excavation spans for mining at depths below 1,000 meters in hard rock, Golder Associates report to CANMET.
- Mathews, K.E. et al., 1981, Prediction of stable excavation spans for mining at depths below 1000 m in hard rock, CANMET) Report DSS Serial No. OSQ80-00081.
- Nickson S.D., 1992, Cable support guidelines for underground hard rock mine operations., M.A. Sc. Thesis, Department of Mining and Mineral Processing, University of British Columbia, p. 343.
- Potvin, Y., M. Hudyma, and H.D.S. Miller, 1988, Design guidelines for open stope supprot, CIM Bulletin, Vol. 82, No. 926, June, pp. 53-62.
- Rocscience, 2008, Unwedge User's Manual, RocscienceInc.
- Sunwoo C. and YB Jung, 2005, Stability Assessment of Underground Limestone Mine Openings by Stability Graph Method, TUNNEL & UNDERGROUND SPACE, Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 369-377.
- Steward, S.B.V. and W.W. Forsyth, 1995, The Mathews method for open stope design, CIM Bulletin, Vol. 88, No. 992, pp. 45-53.