- Volume 12 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Diagnostic Range for Measurement Tools, while BMD Testing to Health Examination in Transitional Ages
생애전환기 건강진단 골밀도 검사시 측정도구에 따른 진단범위의 유효성 평가
- 김남수 (순천향대학교 환경산업의학연구소) ;
- 정경식 (순천향대학교 환경산업의학연구소) ;
- 강은정 (순천향대학교 보건행정경영학과) ;
- 오정은 (순천향대학교 천안병원 가정의학과) ;
- 이병국 (순천향대학교 환경산업의학연구소)
- Received : 2012.08.20
- Accepted : 2012.09.20
- Published : 2012.10.28
The aim of this study was to determine the effectiveness of diagnostic range for BMD measurement tools(DEXA, QUS, and RA) to health examination in transitional ages. In standard T-score -2.5 of DEXA, cutoff value by RA is -1.675(sensitivity: 70.0%, specificity: 63.7%) and cutoff value by QUS is -1.733(sensitivity: 70.4, specificity: 59.5%), also T-score -3.0 of DEXA, cutoff value by RA is -2.325(sensitivity: 70.0%, specificity: 42.9%) and cutoff value by QUS is -2.323(sensitivity: 70.4, specificity: 56.8%). There was, however, no significant difference in standard DEXA(lumbar spine and femur) between RA and QUS by repeat measurement(precision), and correlation were without effect. ROC analysis showed that all methods are qualified for BMD measurement tools to health examination in transitional ages; however, the different sensitivities and specificities of the methods, as well as age and gender, calibration parameters for diagnostic tests have to be considered.
- 김영선, 골다공증 환자에서 골절 발생에 영향을 미치는 요인, 전북대학교대학원 석사학위논문, 2011.
- 김환정, "골다공증성 골절의 수술적 치료", 대한골절학회지, 제22권, 제4호, pp.314-18, 2009.
- 통계청, 인구총조사, 2010.
- 한범희, 정홍량, 임청환, 이혜남, 정천수, 이상호, "DXA측정기 종류에 따른 요추부와 대퇴경부 골 밀도 값의 측정오차 비교", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제3호, pp.250-7, 2010.
- 류경남, 방사선흡수법(RA)에 의한 골밀도 측정기의 평가 가이드라인 개발 연구, 식품의약품안전청, 2008
- C. A. Collinqe, G. Lebus, M. I. Gardner, and L. Gehriq, "A Comparison of Quantitative Ultrasound of the Calcaneus with Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry in Hospitalized Orthopaedic Trauma Patients," J. of Orthop Trauma, Vol.24, No.3, pp.176-80, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0b013e3181b8b036
- S. Lektrakul, "Quantitative Ultrasound Capably Predicts Osteoporosis," J. of Med Assoc Thai, Vol.92, pp.S42-4, 2009.
- S. Boonen, J. Nijs, H. Borqhs, H. Peeters, D. Vanderschueren, and F. P. Luyten, "Identifying Postmenopausal Women with Osteoporosis by Calcaneal Ultrasound, Metacarpal Digital X-ray Radiogrammetry and Phalangeal Radiographic Absorptiometry: a Comparative Study," Osteoporos Int, Vol.16, No.1, pp.93-100, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00198-004-1660-z
- Z. Hamidi, M. Sedaqhat, S. M. Hejri, and B. Larijani, "Defining Cut-off Values for the Diagnosis of Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women by Quantitative Ultrasonography of the Phalanx," Gynecol Endocrinol, Vol.24, No.10, pp.546-548, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/09513590802340548
- B. Edelmann-Schafer, L. D. Berthold, H. Stracke, P. M. Luhrmann, and M. Neuhauser-Berthold, "Identifying Elderly Women with Osteoporosis by Spinal Dual X-ray Absorptiometry, Calcaneal Quantitative Ultrasound and Spinal Quantitative Computed Tomography: a Comparative Study," Ultrasound Med Biol, Vol.37, No.1, pp.29-36, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2010.10.003
- P. Trimpou, I. Bosaeus, B. A. Benqtsson, and K. Landin-Wilhelmsen, "High Correlation between Quantitative Ultrasound and DXA during 7 Years of Follow-up," Eur J. of Radiol, Vol.73, No.2, pp.360-364, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2008.11.024
- A. Moayyeri, S. Kaptoqe, N. Dalzell, S. Binqham, R. N. Luben, N. J. Wareham, J. Reeve, and K. T. Khaw, "Is QUS or DXA Better for Predicting the 10-year Absolute Risk of Fracture?," J. of Bone Miner Res, Vol.24, No.7, pp.1319-1325, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1359/jbmr.090212
- C. K. Bittar, A. Jr Cliquet, and M. Dos Santos Floter, "Utility of Quantitative Ultrasound of the Calcaneus in Diagnosing Osteoporosis in Spinal Cord Injury Patients," Am J. of Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.90, No.6, pp.477-481, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1097/PHM.0b013e31821a7386
- P. G. Muluqeta, M. Jordanov, M. Hemanz-Schulman, C. Yu, and J. H. Kan, "Determination of Osteopenia in Children on Digital Radiography Compared with a DEXA Reference Standard," Acad Radiol, Vol.18, No.6, pp.722-725, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2011.01.009
- S. Soontrapa, S. Soontrapa, and S. Chaikitpinyo, "Using Quantitative Ultrasound and OSTA Index to Increase the Efficacy and Decrease the Cost for Diagnosis of Osteoporosis," J. of Med Assoc Thai, Vol.92, pp.549-553, 2009.
- P. D. Miller, "Bone Mineral Density-clinical Use and Application," Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am, Vol.32, pp.159-179, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0889-8529(02)00086-5
- Q. Wu, J. J. Lefante, J. C. Rice, and J. U. Maqnus, "Age, Race, Weight, and Gender Impact Normative Values of Bone Mineral Density," Gend Med, Vol.8, No.3, pp.189-201, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genm.2011.04.004