- Volume 12 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Relationships among Psychological Capital, Job Attitude and Service Climate in Hotel Corporations
호텔기업에서 심리적 자본, 직무태도 및 서비스 풍토의 관계
- 김용순 (동양미래대학교 관광경영과)
- Received : 2012.08.14
- Accepted : 2012.09.27
- Published : 2012.10.28
The purpose of this study was to research the relationships among psychological capital, job attitude, and service climate of employees in hotel corporations. Psychological capital has been demonstrated to be important for performance at both individual and group levels of analyses. In addition psychological capital has been shown to provide additive value to more established measures of employee's positive job attitudes. To accomplish this study, it was determined that the analysis derived from a hypothesis and literature reviews and data collected from 295 employees in hotel corporations. The results of empirical analysis showed as follows. First, Psychological capital has a significant effect on job satisfaction. Second, Psychological capital has a significant effect on organizational commitment. Third, Service climate was also found to have moderating effect upon the relationship between psychological capital and job satisfaction. Based on these findings, the implications and limitations of the study were presented including some directions for future studies.
Psychological Capital;Job Attitude;Service Climate
- J. L. Heskett, W. E. Sasser, and L. A.Schlesinger, The Service Profit Chain, NY: The Free Press, 1997.
- 양필석, 최석봉, "심리적 자본이 직무만족 및 조직 몰입에 미치는 영향과 내재적 직무동기의 매개효과", 인적자원관리연구, 제18권, 제4호, pp.149-172, 2011.
- F. Luthans, "The Need for and Meaning of Positive Organizational Behavior," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.23, pp.695-706, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.165
- K. M. Sheldon, "Why Positive Psychology is Necessary," American Psychologist, Vol.56, pp.216-217, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.56.3.216
- F. Luthans, "Positive Organizational Behavior: Developing and Managing Psychological Strengths," Academy of Management Executive, Vol.16, No.1, pp.57-72, 2004.
- J. B. Avey, F. Luthans, and C. M. Youssef, "The Additive Value of Positive Psychological Capital in Predicting Work Attitudes and Behaviors," Journal of Management, March, pp.1-22, 2009.
- J. B. Avey, T. S. Wernsing, and F. Luthans, "Can Positive Employee Help Positive Organizational Change?," Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, Vol.44, No.1, pp.48-70, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/0021886307311470
- F. Luthans, S. M. Norman, B. J. Avolio, and J. B. Avey, "The Mediating Role of Psychological Capital in the Supportive Organizational Climate-Employee Performance Rlationship, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.29, No.2, pp.219-238, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.507
- B. Schneider, A. N. Salvaggio, and M. Subirats, "Climate Strength: A New Direction for Climate Research," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.87, pp.220-229, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.87.2.220
- B. Schneider, S. S. White, and M. C. Paul, "Linking Service Climate and Customer Perceptions of Service Quality: Test of a Casual Model," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.83, No.2, pp.150-163, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.83.2.150
- 정연승, "자동차 판매점의 영업사원이 지각하는 서비스 분위기의 선행요인과 결과요인에 관한 연 구: 사회교환이론을 중심으로", 마케팅연구, 제27 권, pp.85-112, 2012.
- J. L. Heskett, T. O. Jones, G. W. Loveman, W. E. Sasser, and L. A. Schlesinger, "Putting the Service Profit Chain to Work," Harvard Business Review, March/April, pp.164-175, 1994.
- 하용규, 강상묵, "호텔 종사원의 심리적자본이 조직몰입에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠논문지, 제 11권, 제9호, pp.485-495, 2011.
- F. Luthans, B. J. Avolio, J. B. Avey, and S. M. Norman, "Psychological Capital: Measurement and Relationship with Performance and Job Satisfaction," Personnel Psychology, Vol.60, pp.541-572, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2007.00083.x
- A. Stajkovic and F. Luthans, "Self efficacy and Work-related Performance: A Meta-analysis," Psychological Bulliton, Vol.124, pp.240-261, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.124.2.240
- G. R. Jones and J. M. George, Essentials of Contemporary Management, McGraw Hill: Boston, 2004.
- S. P. Robbins, D. A. Decenzo, and M. Coulter, Fundamentals of Management: Essential Concepts and Applications, Prentice Hall: New Jersey, 2010.
- N. J. Allen and J. P. Meyer, "The Measurement and Antecedents of Affective, Continuance and Normative Commitment to the Organization," Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol.63, pp.1-18, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1990.tb00506.x
- J. Cook and T. Wall, "New Work Attitude Measures of Trust, Organizational Commitment and Personal Need Nonfulfilment," Journal of Occupational Psychology, Vol.53, pp.39-52, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1980.tb00005.x
- K. Nagar, "Organizational Commitment and Job Satisfaction among Teachers during Times of Burnout," Vikalpa, Vol.37, No.2, pp.43-60, 2012.
- 이태식, 강기두, 김동욱, 오명문, "조직의 서비스 풍토와 종업원의 조직몰입 및 서비스제공 능력의 관련성에 관한 연구", 대한경영학회, 제22권, 제1 호, pp.499-524, 2009.
- B. Schneider, S. S. White, and M. C. Paul, "Linking Service Climate and Customer Perceptions of Service Quality: Test of a Causal Model," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.83, pp.150-163, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.83.2.150
- A. M. Dean, "Links between Organizational and Customer Variables in Service Delivery: Evidence, Contradictions, and Challenges," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.15, pp.332-350, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230410552031
- J. B. Avey, R. J. Reichard, F. Luthans, and K. H. Mhatre, "Meta-Analysis of the Impact of Positive Psychological Capital on Employee Attitudes, Behaviors, and Performance," Human Resource Development Quarterly, Vol.22, No.2, pp.127-151, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/hrdq.20070
- F. O. Walumbwa, S. J. Peterson, B. J. Avolio, and C. A. Hartnell, "An Investigation of the Relationships among Leader and Follower Psychological Capital, Service Climate, and Job Perfpormance," Personell Psychology, Vol.63, pp.937-963, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.2010.01193.x
- 유현숙, "여성자본의 실태와 활용방안에 관한 연구-여성의 인적자본.사회적자본.심리적 자본을 중심으로-", 아시아여성연구, 제44권, 제2호, pp.225-259, 2005.
- J. R. Hackman and G. R. Oldham, "Development of the Job Diagnostic Survey," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.60, pp.159-170, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0076546
- T. L. Andrews and S. G. Rogelberg, "A New Look at Service Climate: Its Relationship with Owner Service Values in Small Business," Journal of Business and Psychology, Vol.16, No.1, pp.119-131, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1007895923389
- 배병렬, Amos17.0 구조방정식모델링, 청람, 2009.
- 박종표, 전인오, "MICE 산업종사자의 직무스트 레스요인이 이직의도에 미치는 영향과 직무만족, 조직몰입의 매개역할 탐구", 한국컨텐츠학회논문지, 제11권, 제2호, pp.190-205, 2011.