- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Influence of Innovator or Hub in Relational Network to Early Takeoff and Diffusion Size at Takeoff
관계네트워크의 정보 확산에서 혁신자와 허브가 Early Takeoff와 확산크기에 미치는 영향 연구
- 옥경영 (숙명여자대학교 사회과학대학 소비자경제학과)
- Received : 2012.08.27
- Accepted : 2012.09.10
- Published : 2012.09.28
This study is identifying early takeoff phenomenon in relational network like SNS and investigates influence of innovator or hub at early takeoff and diffusion size at takeoff point. The major finding of this study are as follows. First, multinominal-logit analysis conducted to explore the impact of innovator and hub at early stage of information diffusion and early takeoff. Hub in early stage of information diffusion impact early takeoff. Second, our study shows that innovator and hub at early stage of information diffusion impact diffusion size at takeoff point. Third, hub is more impact early takeoff and diffusion size at takeoff point then innovator. This study provides implication for professionals by confirming hub's influence in study of successful information diffusion by early takeoff. The limitation and future direction are discussed.
Relational Network;Innovator;Hub;Early Takeoff;Diffusion Size
Supported by : 숙명여자대학교
- P. N. Golder and J. T. Gerald, "Will It ever Fly? Modeling the Takeoff of Really New Consumer Durables," Marketing Science, Vol.16, No.3, pp.256-270, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.16.3.256
- A. Mahler and E. M. Rogers, "The diffusion of interactive communication innovations and the critical mass: the adoption of telecommunications services by German banks," Telecommunication Policy, Vol.23, pp.719-740, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-5961(99)00052-X
- Dalre et al., "Promotion Strategies for the Takeoff of Diffusions," Journal of Business Research, 2005.
- Kim and Kim, "Is there Earl Take-off Phenomenon in Diffusion of IP-based Telecommunications Service?," The International Journal of Management Service, Vol.35, No.6, pp.727-739, 2007.
- A. Banerjee, "Simple Model of Herd Behavior," Quaterly Journal of Economics, Vol.107, No.3, pp.797-817, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/2118364
- F. Williams, E. Rice, and E. M. Rogers, Research Methods and the New Media, New York, Free Press, 1988.
- Farrell and Saloner, "Competition, Compatibility, and Standards: The Economics of Horses, Penguins and Lemmings," Economics Working Papers, University of California at Berkeley, 1986.
- 옥경영, 홍재원, "청소년의 사회적 네트워크에서의 지위(social standing)가 온라인 사회적 활동 (social activity)에 미치는 영향," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제12권, 제5호, pp370-379, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.05.370
- Rogers, Diffusion of Innovation, 3rd ed., New York, Free Press, 1983.
- Duncan Watts, "Simple Model of Global Cascades on Random Networks," PNAS, Vol.99, No.9, 2002.
- Roger and Shoemaker, Communication of Innovations: A Cross-Cultural Approach, 2nd ed., New York, Free Press, 1971.
- Barabasi, "Statistical Mechanics of Complex Networks," Review of Modern Physics, Vol.74, pp.47-97, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1103/RevModPhys.74.47
- Clark and Coldsmith, "Interpersonal Influence and Consumer Innovativeness," International Journal of Consumer Studies, Vol.30, No.1, pp.34-43, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1470-6431.2005.00435.x
- Fowall and Bhate, "Psychology of Computer Use; Extent of Computer Use-Relationships with Adaptive Innovative Cognitive Style and Personal Involvement in Computing," Perceptual and Motor Skills, Vol.72, No.1, pp.195-202, 1991. https://doi.org/10.2466/pms.19126.96.36.199
- Nooy, Exploratory Social Network Analysis with Pajek, Cambridge University Press. 2005.
- J. Goldenberg, S. M. Han, D. R. Lehmann, J. H. Lee, and K. Y. Ohk, Local Neighborhoods as Early Predictors of Innovation Adoption, MSI Working Parer Series 2010, Report No.10-104, 2010.
- B. L. Lim, M. K. Choi, and M. C. Park, The Late Takeoff Phenomenon in The Diffusion of Telecommunication Services," Information Economics and Policy, Vol.15, pp.537-557, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-6245(03)00037-4
- Bass, "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, Vol.15, No.5, Jan., pp.215-227, 1969. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.15.5.215
- 옥경영, 한상만, "온라인커뮤니티 사이트에서 하위네트워크의 특성이 정보의 초기 확산에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구," 소비자학연구, Vol.20, No.1, pp.37-64, 2009.
- J. Goldenberg, S. M. Han, D, R. Lehmann, and J. W. Hong, "The Role of Hubs in the Adoption Process," Journal ofMarketing, Vol.73, No.2, pp.1-13, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.73.2.1