- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Effect of Web-services' Technological Interactivity on User-generated Contents' Perceived Efficiency and Quality
웹서비스의 기술적 상호작용성이 사용자 콘텐츠 생산 효율성과 품질 인식에 미치는 영향 연구
- 이윤재 (서울대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2012.08.01
- Accepted : 2012.08.27
- Published : 2012.09.28
One of the key factors for success in fostering web-service is the supply of user-generated contents(UGCs). Technological interactivity is an environmental factor which stimulates user-content interaction, and reflects the system's capability for supporting various interactions that are allowed by a medium. The present study uses a structural equation model to investigate the influence of three components of technological interactivity-user control, synchronicity, and responsiveness-on web-services' perceived content performance. The results show that web-services' user control and synchronicity exhibited a positive relationship with the perceived efficiency of content generation; further, perceived efficiency boosts perceptions of content quality, which means that the user control and synchronicity of a web-service also have an indirect effect on perceived content quality. Additionally, responsiveness has a positive effect on perceived content quality. These findings are important for marketers and operators seeking to make their web-service successful.
Web-service;Technological Interactivity;UGC;Contents Quality
- T. Hennig-Thurau, E. C. Malthouse, C. Friege, S. Gensler, L. Lobschat, A. Rangaswamy, and B. Skiera, "The Impact of New Media on Customer Relationships," Journal of Service Research, Vol.3, No.3, pp.311-330, 2010.
- H. H. Teo, H. C. Chan, K. K. Wei, and Z. Zhang, "Evaluating Information Accessibility and Community Adaptivity Features for Sustaining Virtual Learning Communities," International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol.59, No.5, pp.671-697, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1071-5819(03)00087-9
- 정철호, 정덕화, "UCC 서비스의 콘텐츠 품질이 사용자 만족과 지속이용의도에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제7호, pp.294-303, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.7.294
- C. K. Prahalad and V. Ramaswamy, "Co-creation Experiences: The Next Practice in Value Creation," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol.18, No.3, pp.5-14, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/dir.20015
- 이한희, 강소라, 김유정, "UCC 서비스 사이트의 신뢰가 UCC사용자에 미치는 영향", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제12호, pp.759-776, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.12.759
- G. Schwabe and M. Prestipino, "How Tourism Communities Can Change Travel Information Quality," Information Systems in a Rapidly Changing Economy (ECIS'05), 2005.
- M. Sigala, "E-service Quality and Web 2.0: Expanding Quality Models to Include Customer Participation and Inter-customer Support," The Service Industries Journal, Vol.29, No.10, pp.1341-1358, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/02642060903026239
- C. M. Chiu, M. H. Hsu, and E. T. G. Wang, "Understanding Knowledge Sharing in Virtual Communities: An Integration of Social Capital and Social Cognitive Theories," Decision Support Systems, Vol.42, No.3, pp.1872-1888, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2006.04.001
- M. H. Hsu and C. M. Chiu, "Predicting Electronic Service Continuance with a Decomposed Theory of Planned Behaviour," Behaviour & Information Technology, Vol.23, No.5, pp.359-373, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/01449290410001669969
- J. Nahapiet and S. Ghoshal, "Social Capital, Intellectual Capital, and the Organizational Advantage," Academy of Management Review, pp.242-266, 1998.
- S. Kiousis, "Interactivity: A Concept Explication," New Media & Society, Vol.4, No.3, p.355, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/146144480200400303
- O. Quiring and W. Schweiger, "Interactivity: A Review of the Concept and a Framework for Analysis," Communications, Vol.33, p.147, 2008.
- S. J. McMillan, "Exploring Models of Interactivity from Multiple Research Traditions: Users, Documents, and Systems," Handbook of New Media, pp.162-182, 2002.
- S. Rafaeli and R. J. LaRose, "Electronic Bulletin Boards and Public Goods' Explanations of Collaborative Mass Media," Communication Research, Vol.20, No.2, pp.277-297, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365093020002005
- C. Heeter, "Implications of New Interactive Technologies for Conceptualizing Communi cation," Media Use in the Information Age Emerging Patterns of Adoption and Consumer Use, pp.217-235, 1989.
- G. J. Johnson, G. C. Bruner II, and A. Kumar, "Interactivity and Its Facets Revisited: Theory and Empirical Test," Journal of Advertising, Vol.35, No.4, pp.35-52, 2006. https://doi.org/10.2753/JOA0091-3367350403
- Y. Liu, "Developing a Scale to Measure the Interactivity of Websites," Journal of Advertising Research, 2003.
- S. Domagk, R. N. Schwartz, and J. L. Plass, "Interactivity in Multimedia Learning: An Integrated Model," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.26, No.5, pp.1024-1033, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2010.03.003
- F. Williams, R. Rice, and E. Rogers, Research Methods and the New Media. Free Pr, 1988.
- G.M. Wu, The Role of Perceived Interactivity in Interactive AD Processing, The University of Texas at Austin, 2000.
- J. Steuer, "Defining Virtual Reality: Dimensions Determining Telepresence," Journal of Communication, Vol.42, No.4, pp.73-93, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.1992.tb00812.x
- R. R. Dholakia, M. Zhao, N. Dholakia, and D. R. Fortin, "Interactivity and Revisits to Websites: A Theoretical Framework," Retrieved June 17, 2000.
- J. Deighton, "The Future of Interactive Marketing," Harvard Business Review, Vol.74, No.6, pp.151-162, 1996.
- D. L. Hoffman and T. P. Novak, "Marketing in Hypermedia Computer-mediated Environments: Conceptual Foundations," The Journal of Marketing, pp.50-68, 1996.
- J. C. Henderson and S. Lee, "Managing I/S Design Teams: A Control Theories Perspective," Management Science, pp.757-777, 1992.
- J. Deighton and L. Kornfeld, "Interactivity's Unanticipated Consequences for Marketers and Marketing," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol.23, No.1, pp.4-10, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intmar.2008.10.001
- R. P. Bagozzi and Y. Yi, "On the Evaluation of Structural Equation Models," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science Vol.16, No.1, pp.74-94, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- C. Fornell and D. F. Larcker, "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error," Journal of Marketing Research, pp.39-50, 1981.
- The Influence of Mobile Service Delivery Characteristics on Perceived Interactivity and Attitude towards Mobile Service vol.13, pp.12, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.12.402