- Volume 12 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Change of Physical Self-concept according to Taekwondo Discipline
태권도 수련에 따른 신체적 자기개념 인식 변화
- Received : 2012.08.06
- Accepted : 2012.08.24
- Published : 2012.09.28
The purpose of this study was to verify differences in changes of physical self-concept between Taekwondo participation group and non Taekwondo participation group in order to meet the needs of the study the limitations of previous studies had to be considered. The participants were elementary students in S city selected by this researcher. 30 students were in the Taekwondo participation group and 40 students were in the non Taekwondo participation group decided by ACSM(15) exercise guide line standard, three times repetition measurements per 12 weeks were executed for
Taekwondo;Youth Sport;Physical Self-concept
- S. G. Kang and J. Y. Park, The Effects of Taekwondo Activity of Health Related Fitness and Physical Self Description on the Elementary School Students, Korean Society of Sports Psychology, Vol.14, No.3, pp.55-64, 2003.
- S. K. Kim, K. W. Lee, and S. J. Lee, The Effects on Children's Positive Self - Concepts and Pro - Social Behaviors through Early Childhood Physical Education Program, Korea Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Vol.37, No.4, pp.111-119, 1998.
- S. J. Kim, The Effect of Taekwondo Training for Elementary School Student on their Physical Constitution, Health Strength and Physical Self-Concept, Graduate School of Seoul Sports, MA Thesis, 2003.
- B. J. Kim, The Effects on Children's Positive Self - Concepts and Pro - Social Behaviors through Early Childhood Physical Education Program, Korean Society of Sports Psychology, Vol.12, No.2, pp.69-90, 2001.
- Y. K. Kim, The Effect of Exercise Participation on Physical Self - Conception for Students with Orthopedical Impairments Graduate School of Seoul National University, MA Thesis, 1997.
- J. T. Kim, Perceived Physical and Actual Motor Competence in Children with Mild Mental Retardation, Korea Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Vol.43, No.6, pp.877-884, 2004.
- J. H. Park and S. C. Kim, The Nonlinear Repeated Measures Designs and Cohort-Sequential Designs by Latent Growth Model, Korea Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Vol.43, No.2, pp.577-589, 2004.
- J. H. Park and K, H, Lee, The Effects of Taichi Training on Self - concept in Elementary School Boy, Korean Society of Sports Psychology, Vol.11, No.1, pp.155-170, 2000.
- J. S. Park and H. S. Mun, Effects of Extracurricular Sports Activities on the Physical Self-Concept of Girl' Middle School Students, Korean Society of Sports Psychology, Vol.17, No.1, pp.13-24, 2006.
- K. Y. Song, S. J. Kim, and D. K. Yang, Developmental Psychology, 41.76, Seoul Sigma Press, 2001.
- H. S. Song and K. H. Lee, The Relationship Study between taekwondo Training and Self-Concept Development among Elementary School Children., Korea Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Vol.45, No.1, pp.121-129, 2006.
- Open Taekwondo Research Institute, Taekwondo Education Course (Beginner and Intermediary), Seoul Branch, Korea Taekwondo Association, 2000.
- H. T. Lee, S. H. Um, and D. Y. Cho, Effects of Regular Exercise on Health-related Physical Fitness and Physical Self-Concept. Korean Society of Sports Psychology, Vol.15, No.2, pp.115-128, 2004.
- T. H. Lim, The Development of Taekwondo's Psychological Change Model and Its Verification, Graduate School of Seoul National University, PhD Dissertation, 2007
- S. H. Jeon, Self-Concept and Sports Behavior, Korean Society of Sports Psychology, Handbook, 2005.
- ACSM, ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription(6th ed.). Baltimore, MD: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2000.
- F. H. Asci, A. Kin, and S. N. Kosar, Effect of participation in an 8 week aerobic dance and step aerobics program on physical self-perception and body image satisfaction. International Journal of Sport Psychology, Vol.29, pp.366-375, 1998.
- N. P. Barnett, F. L. Smoll, and R. E. Smith, Effects of enhancing coach-athlete relationships on youth sport attrition. The Sport Psychologist, Vol.6, pp.111-127, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1123/tsp.6.2.111
- G. Bredemeier and D. Schields, Moral psychology in the context of sport. In R.N. Singer, M. Murphey, & L.K. Tennant(Eds.), Handbook of research on sport psychology(pp. 587-599). New York: Macmillan, 1996.
- D. A. Cole, S. E. Maxwell, J. H. Martin, L.G. Peeke, A. D. Serocynski, J. M. Tram, K. B. Hoffman, M. D. Ruiz, F. Jacquez, and T. Maschman, The development of multiple domains of child and adolescent self-concept: A cohort sequential longitudinal design. Child Development, Vol.72, No.6, pp.1723-1746, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8624.00375
- B. C. Focht, L. J. Bouchard, and M. Murphey, Influence of Martial Arts Training on the Perception of Experimentally Induced Pressure Pain and Selected Psychological Responses, Journal of Sport Behavior, pp.232-244, 2000.
- D. Gould, Understanding attrition in children's sport. In D. Gould & M. Weiss(Eds.), Advances in pediatric sport sciences: Vol II. Behavioral issues(pp.61-85). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 1987.
- T. A. Judge, A. Erez, and J. E. Bono, The power of being positive: The relation between positive self-concept and job performance. Human Performance, Vol.11, pp.167-187, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1080/08959285.1998.9668030
- H. Long and T. McGhee, Isshin-ryu karate. Mascot, TN: Isshin-Ryu Productions, 1997.
- M. E. Madden, Attributions of control and vulnerability at the beginning and end of a karate course. Perceptual and Motor Skills, Vol.70, pp.787-794, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2466/pms.1922.214.171.1247
- M. L. Maehr, J. Mensing, and J. S. Nafzger, Concept of self and reaction of others. Sociometry, Vol.25, pp.353-357, 1962. https://doi.org/10.2307/2785774
- H. W. Marsh, G. Richards, S. Johnson, L. Roche, and P. Tremayne, Physical Self-Description Questionnaire: Psychometric properties and a multitrait-multimethod analysis of relations to existing instruments, Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, Vol.16, pp.270-305, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsep.16.3.270
- C. L. Richman and H. Rehberg, The development of self-esteem through the martial arts. International Journal of Psychology, Vol.17, pp.234-239, 1986.
- G. C. Roberts, D. C. Treasure, and M. Kavussanu, Motivation in physical activity contexts: An achievement goal perspective. Im M. Maehr & P. Pintrich(Eds.), Advances in motivation and achievement, Vol.10, pp.413-447, Greenwich, CN: JAI Press, 1997.
- R. J. Sonstroem and W. P. Morgan, Exercise and self-esteem: Rational and model. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Vol.21, pp.329-337, 1989.