- Volume 17 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Economic Analysis on Desalination Technology for Saline Agricultural Land on the Basis of Crop Production
염류집적 농경지 제염기술에 대한 경제성분석 - 작물생산량을 기준으로
- Kim, Do-Hyung (Department of Environmental Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Choi, Jeong-Hee (Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute (KERI)) ;
- Kim, Lee-Yul (Department of Environmental and biological chemistry, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Nam, Chang-Mo (Division of Health and Science, Yeungnam College of Science and Technology) ;
- Baek, Ki-Tae (Department of Environmental Engineering, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2012.07.08
- Accepted : 2012.09.24
- Published : 2012.10.31
In this study, economic analysis of five desalination technologies for saline agricultural land was carried out. The analysis was comprehensively evaluated by calculating changes in crop production and benefit/cost (B/C) ratio. The analysis of crop production was in the order of tomato > cucumber > a (musk) melon > watermelon > cabbage, and economical efficiency for desalination technology was in the order of soil exchange > soil addition > electrokinetics > under-drainage > subsoil reversal. In cost benefit analysis, B/C ratio was in the order of under-drainage > soil exchange > electrokinetics > soil addition > subsoil reversal, and all desalination technologies used in this study have the ratio higher than 1, which means economical efficiency was high. Based on the net production considering B/C ratio, the general economic analysis was exactly order from that of crop production analysis. As a result, economical efficiency of soil exchange was highest, and economical efficiency of soil addition and electrokinetic was relatively higher than others.
Supported by : 한국전기연구원
- Cho, J.M., Kim, K.J., Chung, K.Y., Hyun, S,H., and Baek, K., 2009, Restoration of saline soil in cultivated land using electrokinetic process, Sep. Sci. Tec., 44, 2371-2384. https://doi.org/10.1080/01496390902983729
- Cho, J.M., Park, S.Y., and Baek, K., 2010, Electrokinetic restoration of saline agricultural lands, J. Appl. Electrochem., 40(6), 1085-1093. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10800-010-0072-3
- Cho, J.M., Jo, S.U., Kim, D.H., Yang, J.S., and Baek, K.T., 2011a, Electrokinetic Restoration of Saline Soil Accumulated with Nitrate and Sulfate, J. Soil & Groundwater Env, 16(5), 18- 23. https://doi.org/10.7857/JSGE.2011.16.5.018
- Cho, J.M., Kim, D.H., Yang, J.S., and Baek, K., 2011b, Electrokinetic restoration of sulfate accumulated saline greenhouse soil, Clean-Soil, Air, Water, 39(12), 1036-1040. https://doi.org/10.1002/clen.201000497
- Choi, E.H., Lee, S.J., and Cho, Y.S., 2011, Economic Evaluation of Rape Cultivation using a Survey for Participants on a Pilot Project, Korean J. Org. Agric., 19(3), 329-341.
- Jia, X., Larson, D., Slack, D., and Walworth, J., 2005, Electrokinetic control of nitrate movement in soil. Eng. Geol., 77, 273- 283. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2004.07.018
- Jo, S.U., Kim, D.H., Yang, J.S., Chung, K.Y., and Baek, K.T., 2012, Electrokinetic Restoration of Saline Agricultural Land, J. Soil & Groundwater Env, 17(4), 19-26. https://doi.org/10.7857/JSGE.2012.17.4.019
- Jung, J.H., Yoon, S.Y., and Hwang, J.H., 2007, Economic Analysis by Types of Income of a Rape Farmer of Biodiesel, Korean J. Org. Agric., 15(4), 355-376.
- KERI (Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute), 2011, A Study on Salt Removal of Electrokinetic Remediation Technique in Plastic-film House Soils, III., p. 26.
- Kim, C.S. and Lee, S.H., 2006, Economic Analysis of a Rape Production for Biodiesel, Korean Journal of Organic Agrigulture, 14(3), 337-349.
- Kim, D.S., Yang. J.E., Ok, Y.S., and Yoo, K.Y., 2006, Effect of Perforated PVC Underdrainage Pipe on Desalting of Plastic Film House Soils, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 39(2), 65-72.
- Kim, L.Y., 2000, Application of Soil Science, Sambumunhwa publisher, p. 320-321.
- Kim, D.H., Cho, J.M., and Baek, K., 2011, Pilot-scale ex situ electrokinetic restoration of saline greenhouse soil, J. Soils Sediments, 11, 947-958. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11368-011-0394-8
- Kim, D.H., Choi, J.H., Jo, S.U., and Baek, K.T., 2012a, Cost Analysis of Electrokinetic Process for Desalination of Saline Agricultural Land, J. Soil & Groundwater Env., 17(4), 91-97. https://doi.org/10.7857/JSGE.2012.17.4.091
- Kim, D.H., Jo, S.U., Choi, J.H., Yang, J.S., and Baek, K., 2012b, Hexagonal 2 Dimensional Electrokinetic Systems for Restoration of Saline Agricultural Lands, Chem. Eng. J., 198- 199, 110-121. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2012.05.076
- Kim, D.H., Jung, J.M., Jo, S.U., Kim, W.S., and Baek, K., 2012c, Photovoltaic Powered Electrokinetic Restoration of Saline Soil, Sep. Sci. Tech., (in press).
- Kim, P.J., Lee, D.K., and Chung, D.Y., 1997, Vertical distribution of bulk density and salts in a plastic film house soil, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 30(3), 226-233.
- Lee, J.S., 2000, Science of Public Administration, Dae-Young Cultural Publisher, p. 23-24, p. 151.
- Oh, S.E., Son, J.S., Ok, Y.S., and Joo, J.H., 2010, A Modified Methodology of Salt Removal through Flooding and Drainage in a Plastic Film House Soil, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 43(5), 565-571.
- Ok, Y.S., Yang, J.E., Yoo, K.Y., Kim, Y.B., Chung, D.Y., and Park, Y.H., 2005, Screening of Adsorbent to Reduce Salt Concentration in the Plastic Film House Soil under Continuous Vegetable Cultivation, J. Agric. Chem. Environ., 24(3), 253-260.
- Qadir, M., Qureshi, R.H., and Ahamad, N., 1998, Horizontal flushing: a promising ameliorative technology for hard salinesodic and sodic soils. Soil. Till. Res., 45, 119-131. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0933-3630(96)00130-4
- RDA (Rural Development Administration), 2011, Standard Sourcebook for Cost Analysis, p. 3-4.
- Yang, J.E., Ok, Y.S., and Chung, D.Y., 2011, Future Directions and Perspectives on Soil Environmental Researches, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert., 44(6), 1286-1294. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.6.1286