- Volume 41 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Antioxidative Activities and Whitening Effects of Solvent Fraction from Prunus davidiana (Carriere) Franch. Fruit
산복사나무(Prunus davidiana (Carriere) Franch.) 열매 분획 추출물의 항산화 및 미백 효능
- Kim, Won Baek (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, So Hae (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Pusan National University) ;
- Hwang, Hye Sun (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Pusan National University) ;
- Woo, Jung Yoon (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Pusan National University) ;
- Lee, Hye Ryun (Dept. of Biomaterial Science, Pusan National University) ;
- Hwang, Dae Youn (Dept. of Biomaterial Science, Pusan National University) ;
- Choi, Ji Hye (Dept. of Food and Life Science, Inje University) ;
- Lee, Heeseob (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, Pusan National University)
- 김원백 (부산대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 박소해 (부산대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 황혜선 (부산대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 우정윤 (부산대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 이혜련 (부산대학교 바이오소재과학과) ;
- 황대연 (부산대학교 바이오소재과학과) ;
- 최지혜 (인제대학교 식품생명과학부) ;
- 이희섭 (부산대학교 식품영양학과)
- Received : 2012.06.12
- Accepted : 2012.09.12
- Published : 2012.10.31
In this study, methanol extract and its organic solvent fractions were prepared from Prunus davidiana (Carriere) Franch. fruit. Antioxidative activities, polyphenolic and flavonoid contents, and tyrosinase inhibitory activities were evaluated. Among the fractions, ethyl acetate fraction showed the highest antioxidative activity with
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Park JH, Lee JK. 2000. Encyclopedia of herbal medicine. Shinilbooks, Seoul, Korea. p 177-179.
- Lee HB, Yang CB, Yu TJ. 1972. Studies on the chemical composition of some fruit vegetables and fruits in Korea (I). Korean J Food Sci Technol 4: 36-43.
- Lee DS, Woo SK, Yang CB. 1972. Studies on the chemical composition of major fruits in Korea－On non-volatile organic acid and sugar contents of apricot (maesil), peach, grape, apple and pear and its seasonal variation－. Korean J Food Sci Technol 4: 134-139.
- Song JH, Son MA, Kim MH. 1992. Comparison of the cell wall components and polygalacturonase activity in peach types. Korean J Food & Nutrition 5: 111-115.
- Seo MH, Lee YM. 2000. Common trees in Korea (3) . Hyeonamsa Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea. p 146-147.
- Cha BC, Lee EH. 2004. Antioxidant and antiinflammation activities of Prunus persica tree extracts. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 12: 289-294.
- Yoon IH, Seo BI, Kim SH. 1996. The effect of Persicae semen on the atherosclerosis in rabbit. J Herbology 11: 79-98.
- Kim DH, Lee KS, Song BK. 2000. A study on the analgesic and anticoagulative effects of Persicae semen and Carthami flos of aqua-acupuncture. J Oriental Gynecol 13: 60-73.
- Lee JY, Hong SG, Choi SW. 2000. Inhibition of enzymatic browning of apple juices by benzoic acid isolated from peach (Prunus persica Batsch) seeds. Korean J Postharvest Sci Technol 7: 103-107.
- Kim JK, Park TW, Lee CJ, Chai YG. 1999. Evaluation of protective effect of peach kernel extracts on radiation-induced DNA damage in human blood lymphocytes in the single cell gel electrophoresis assay. J Korean Asso Radiat Prot 24: 93-99.
- Kim HS. 2004. Effects of the Prunus persica Batsch var. davidiana Max extract on the lipid compositions and enzyme activities in hyperlipidemic rats. Korean J Food Nutr 17: 328-336.
- Kim HS. 2004. Effects of the Prunus persica Batsch var. davidiana Max extract on the blood glucose and serum lipid components in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Korean J Food Nutr 17: 337-345.
- Kim HS. 2005. Effects of Prunus persica Batsch var. davidiana Max extract on the free fatty acid, creatine phosphokinase and LCAT activities in hypercholesterolemic rats. Korean J Food Nutr 18: 265-271.
- Kim HS. 2005. The effects of Prunus persica Batsch var. davidiana Max hot-water extract on the lipid peroxide and creatine phosphokinase activity in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Korean J Food Nutr 18: 272-278.
- Hatano T, Edamatsu R, Hiramatsu M, Mori A, Fujita Y, Yasugara T, Yoshida T, Okuda T. 1989. Effects of the interaction of tannins with co-existing substances, VI. Effects of tannins and related polyphenols on superoxide anion radical, and on 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical. Chem Pharm Bull 37: 2016-2021. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.37.2016
- Kato H, Lee IE, Cheyen NV, Kim SB, Hayse F. 1987. Inhibition of nitrosamine formation by nondialyzable melanoidins. Agric Biol Chem 51: 1333-1338. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.51.1333
- Kim DA, Ahn BW, Yeum DM, Lee DH, Kim SB, Park YH. 1987. Degradation of carcinogenic nitrosamine formation factor by natural food components. Bull Korean Fish Soc 20: 463-468.
- Re R, Pellegrini N, Proteggente A, Pannala A, Yang M, Rice-Evans C. 1999. Antioxidant activity applying an improved ABTS radical cation decolorixation assay. Free Radic Biol Med 26: 1231-1237. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0891-5849(98)00315-3
- Gutfinger T. 1981. Polyphenols in olive oil. J Am Oil Chem Soc 58: 966-968. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02659771
- Xu ML, Hu JH, Wang L, Kim HS, Jin CW, Cho DH. 2010. Antioxidant and anti-diabetes activity of extracts from Machilus thunbergii S. et Z. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 18: 34−39.
- Kim SS, Hyun CG, Lee JS, Lim JH, Kim JY, Park DH. 2007. In vitro screening of Jeju medicinal plants for cosmeceutical materials. J Appl Biol Chem 50: 215-220.
- Duh PD, Yeh DB, Yen GC. 1992. Extraction and identification of an antioxidant component from peanut hull. J Am Oil Chem Soc 69: 818-819.
- Bałasinska B, Troszynska A. 1998. Total antioxidative activity of evening primrose (Oenothera paradoxa) cake extract measured in vitro by liposome model and murine L1210 cells. J Agric Food Chem 46: 3558-3563. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf980193y
- Lee KS, Kim GH, Kim HH, Choi JW, Lee HC, Song MR, Kim MR, Lee GH. 2009. Physicochemical characteristics of Liriope platyphylla tubers by drying process. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 1104-1110. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.8.1104
- Jeon HR, Kim MH, Son CW, Kim MR. 2009. Quality characteristics and antioxidant acticity of calcium-added gallic yanggaeng. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 195-200. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.2.195
- Choi SY, Cho HS, Sung NJ. 2006. The antioxidative and nitrite scavenging ability of solvent extracts from wild grape (Vitis Coignetiea) skin. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35: 961-966. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.8.961
- Kim MS, Kim KH, Jo JE, Choi JJ, Kim YJ, Kim JH, Jang SA, Yook HS. 2011. Antioxidative and antimicrobial activities of Aruncus dioicus var. kamtschaticus Hara extracts. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 47-55. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.1.047
- Min KJ, Song JW, Cha CG. 2008. The antioxidative and antitumor activity of extracts of Agrimonia pilosa. J Fd Hyg Safety 23: 149-156.
- Yoon JH, Yang DC, Song WS. 2005. Antioxidative activity of the extracts of Japanese apricot (Prunus mume Sieb. et Zucc.). Korea J Plant Res 8: 188-193.
- Kim KH, Kim DM, Yu S, Yook HS. 2012. Antioxidant and whitening activities of various cultivars of Korean unripe peaches (Prunus persica L. Batsch). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41: 156-160. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.2.156
- Swann PF. 1975. The toxicology of nitrate, nitrite and n-nitroso compounds. J Sci Food Agric 26: 1761-1770. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.2740261119
- Park HS. 2011. Comparison of antioxidant activities of wild grape seed (Vitis coignetiea seed) extracts by solvents. Korean J Culinary Res 17: 270-279.
- Kim AR, Lee JJ, Jung HO, Lee MY. 2010. Physicochemical composition and antioxidative effects of yacon (Polymnia Sonchifolia). J Life Sci 20: 40-48. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2010.20.1.040
- Lee JJ, Ha JO, Lee MY. 2007. Antioxidaive activity of lotus root (Nelumbo nucifera G.) extracts. J Life Sci 17: 1237- 1243. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2007.17.9.1237
- Hassas-Roudsari M, Chang PR, Pegg RB, Tyler RT. 2009. Antioxidant capacity of bioactives extracted from canola meal by subcritical water, ethanol and hot water extraction. Food Chem 114: 717-726. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2008.09.097
- Labuza TP. 1971. Kinetic of lipid oxidation in foods. CRS Crit Rev Food Technol 2: 355-405. https://doi.org/10.1080/10408397109527127
- Chio SY, Cho HS, Sung NJ. 2006. The antioxidative and nitrite scavenging ability of solvent extracts from wild grape (Vitis coignetiea) skin. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35: 961-966. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.8.961
- Choi SY, Lim SH, Kim JS, Ha TY, Kim SR, Kang KS, Hwang IK. 2005. Evaluation of the estrogenic and antioxidant activity of some edible and medicinal plants. Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 549-556.
- Cho WG, Han SK, Sin JH, Lee JW. 2008. Antioxidant of heating pork and antioxidative activities of Rubus coreanus Miq. extracts. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 820-825. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.7.820
- Lee KS, Gim JC, Son SM, Lee KY. 2011. Antioxidative effect of Suaeda japonica ethanol extract and solvent partitioned fractions. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 804-808. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.6.804
- Kim DM, Kim KH, Kim YS, Koh JH, Lee KH, Yook HS. 2012. A study on the development of cosmetic materials using unripe peaches seed extracts. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41: 110-115. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.1.110
- Jeon YH, Kwon JE, Kim MR. 2010. Study on antioxidant and cytotoxic activities in ethanol extract from Prunus mume. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20: 751-758.
- Hetog MGL, Hollman PCH, Katan MB. 1992. Content of potentially anticarcinogenic flavonoids of 28 vegetables and 9 fruits commonly consumed in the Netherlands. J Agric Food Chem 40: 2379-2383. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00024a011
- Kim JY, Yoon WJ, Yim EY, Park SY, Kim YJ, Song GP. 2011. Antioxidative and antimicrobial activities of Castanopsis cuspidata var. sieboldii extracts. Korean J Plant Res 24: 200-207. https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2011.24.2.200
- Hearing VJ, Jimenez M. 1987. Mammalian tyrosinase the critical regulatory control point in melanocyte pigmentation. Int J Biochem 19: 1141-1147. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-711X(87)90095-4
- Jung SW, Lee MK, Kim SJ, Han DS. 1995. Screening of tyrosinase inhibitor from plants. Korean J Food Sci Technol 27: 891-896.
- Boissy RE, Manga P. 2004. On the etiology of contact/occupational vitiligo. Pigment Cell Res 17: 208-214. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0749.2004.00130.x
- Sugumaran M. 2002. Comparative biochemistry of eumelanogenesis and the protective roles of phenoloxidase and melanin in insects. Pigment Cell Res 15: 2-9. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-0749.2002.00056.x
- Kim YJ, Uyama H. 2005. Tyrosinase inhibitors from natural and synthetic sources: Structure, inhibition mechanism and perspective for the future. Cell Mol Life Sci 62: 1707-1723. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00018-005-5054-y
- Kim HH, Park GH, Park KS, Lee JY, Kim TH, An BJ. 2010. The effect of Aster glehni Fr. Schm. extracts on whitening and anti-wrinkle. J Life Sci 20: 1034-1040. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2010.20.7.1034
- Triterpenoids from the fruits ofPrunus davidiana vol.59, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2016.028