- Volume 41 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Constitution of Formal and Informal Meals Consisting of Traditional Local Foods in Busan, Korea
부산지역 전통향토음식을 이용한 정식 및 별미식 식단 구성
- Kim, Hyeonsuk (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, and Kimchi Research Institute Pusan National University) ;
- Woo, Minji (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, and Kimchi Research Institute Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Hyunju (World Institute of Kimchi) ;
- Song, Yeong Ok (Dept. of Food Science and Nutrition, and Kimchi Research Institute Pusan National University)
- 김현숙 (부산대학교 식품영양학과 및 김치연구소) ;
- 우민지 (부산대학교 식품영양학과 및 김치연구소) ;
- 김현주 (세계김치연구소) ;
- 송영옥 (부산대학교 식품영양학과 및 김치연구소)
- Received : 2012.06.04
- Accepted : 2012.07.30
- Published : 2012.10.31
The purpose of study was to introduce menus consisting of traditional local foods consumed in Busan, Korea. Five different types of formal meal menus with three side dishes and five different types of informal meal menus of which the main dish was not cooked rice were developed. Scores for the menu evaluations of formal and informal meals were higher than 7.9 (mean score of 6 category) on a 9.0 scale, suggesting that the menus were well constituted in terms of 'repeated use of ingredients and cooking methods', 'balance between main and side dishes', 'frequency of usage of local products', 'nutritional balance', 'variety of dishes', and 'popularization'. Nutritional values of menus were compared with those of the KDRI for men aged 30~49 years old. All ten menus reflected a low calorie, high protein, and high fiber diet. Mineral contents (Ca, Fe, Zn, K, and Na) of the above 10 menus were higher than those of the KDRI. On the other hand, vitamin contents slightly differed according to meal type due to limited fresh vegetable usage in the winter season. Vitamin A, B (
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Min GH. 2003. A study on the recognition and preference for traditional foods of university student in Jeonla-Buk area. Korean J Culinary Res 9: 127-147.
- Lee SH, Park YB. 2002. Tour experience program development a utilizable cooking peculiar of an Andong locality. Korean J Culinary Res 8: 147-168.
- Kim JS, Kim SA. 2007. A study on excavation and transmission of native local foods in the Namhae region-recipes and nutrients of various fish soups-. Korean J Culinary Res 13: 47-58.
- Kim SM, Kim HS, Lim JA. 2007. Recipe standardization of native local foods in Gijang region (the second report)－ Miyeokseolchi , Molseolchi , Gijangumuk, Seokbakji－. Korean J Culinary Res 13: 220-231.
- Kim SM, Kim HS, Lim JA. 2007. Recipe standardization of native local foods in Gijang region (the first report)－ Myeolchijjigae, Galchijjigae, Maejipjjim－. Korean J Culinary Res 13: 68-79.
- Kim SA, Shin ES. 2007. Recipe standardization and nutrient analysis of "Dong-rae Pajeon" (local food in Busan). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36: 1472-1481. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.11.1472
- Kim SA, Kwon SJ. 2004. Recipe standardization and nutrient analysis of native local foods in Gyeongsangnamdo region. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 33: 405-411. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.2.405
- Min KH. 2010. A study on the development of local foods and tourism merchandising in Gimje area. J Korea Tourism Res 24: 295-309.
- Jang SO, Lee YJ. 2009. A study of residents' recognition and tourism merchandising intention of native local foods in Yeongcheon region. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 25: 452-466.
- Lee SH, Kim SH, Jung LH, Jung JW, Jeon KC, Kim HK. 2010. Studies on commercialization of Korean native foods －focused on Boseong area－. Korean J Culinary Res 16: 43-52.
- Ahn GD, Song KH, Lee HM. 2010. Utilization status and efforts to increase usage of traditional foods in school lunch according to dietitians' preference. Korean J Community Nutrition 15: 550-559.
- Kim MH, Choi MK, Kim MW, Eom AY. 2011. A study on the recognition and the preferences for traditional Korean food served at the middle school good service in the Gyeonggi area. Korean J Food & Nutr 24: 54-64. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2011.24.1.054
- Oh NY, Han MJ. 2009. A study on the perception of Korean traditional food by middle school students in Seoul. Korean J Food Culture 24: 359-365.
- Bae YM, Song DH, Ahn HS. 2011. Perceptions of traditional Korean foods and satisfaction levels toward school food service among middle school students and parents of schools serving traditional Korean menus in Gyeonggi province. J Korean Diet Assoc 17: 118-129.
- Baek JO. 2009. A study on the university students' attitude and importance of native local foods in Busan and Gyeongnam areas. Korean J Culinary Res 15: 137-148.
- Kim SB, Chang CS. 1998. Food culture interchange in the Korean-Japanese relations including the Chosun communication facilities (correspondents of Chosun): 3. The path of Chosun communication facilities (correspondent of Chosun) and the reception for them in Japan. Korean J Dietary Culture 13: 431-434.
- Cho YB, Jung JW, Yoon TH, Kim SM, Park KT, Choi HM, Kim KM. 2007. Research on development plan of native local food in Busan area－focused on Dongrae-Pajeon, pan-fried green onion pancake－. Korean J Culinary Res 13: 19-30.
- Shin AS. 2000. A research of traditional & native local foods in Busan. Korean J Culinary Res 6: 67-78.
- Jung SH. 2009. A study on the recognition and preference of some high school students and the actual conditions of using in school meal service concerning Busan, Kyeongsang-namdo local foods. MS thesis. University of Silla, Busan, Korea. p 4-32.
- Kim SA, Shin ES. 2007. Recipe Standardization and Nutrient Analysis of "Dong-rae Pajeon" (local food in Busan). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36: 1472-1481. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.11.1472
- Kim SA. 2002. The recipe standardization and nutrient analysis of Aguyjjim (local foods in Busan). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 1142-1149. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.6.1142
- Rhee SH, Kong KR, Jung KO, Park KY. 2003. Decreasing effect of Kochujang on body weight and lipid levels of adipose tissues and serum in rats fed a high-fat diet. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32: 882-886. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.6.882
- Gijang Culinary Research. 2003. Native Local Food of Gijang. Gijang County Agricultural Technology Center, Busan, Korea. p 22-99.
- Gijang county Agricultural Technology Center. 2004. Season food of Gijang. Gijang County Agricultural Technology Center. Busan, Korea. p 30-78.
- Rural Development Administration. 2008. Gyeongsangnamdo. Kyomunsa, Seoul, Korea. p 2-30.
- Institute of traditional Korea Food. 2010. The research and development project for the standardization of Korean cuisine. The beauty of Korean Food 300. 1st. Jilsiru, Seoul, Korea. p 64-99.
- Choi JS. 2007. Strategies for the development of traditional local food industry. Munwonsa, Seoul, Korea. p 150-152.
- Rural Development Administration. 2006. Food Composition Table. 7th ed. Rural Development Administration, Seoul, Korea. p 325-341.
- Kim HS. 2011. The Representation and standardization of native Local foods in the winter season of Busan region. MS thesis. University of Pusan, Busan, Korea. p 4-32.
- Kim SM, Kim EH, Park SY, Choi SH. 2002. The fish story. Hyoil Publisher, Seoul, Korea. p 84-87.
- Son SM, Park YS, Lim HJ, Kim SB, Jeong YS. 2007. Sodium intakes of Korean adults with 24-hour urine analysis and dish frequency questionnaire and comparison of sodium intakes according to the regional area and dish group. Korean J Community Nutrition 12: 545-558.
- Kim HR, Seog EJ, Lee JH, Rhim JW. 2007. Physicochemical properties of onion powder as influenced by drying methods. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36: 342-347. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.3.342