- Volume 21 Issue 10
Coastal marine ecosystem plays important role of spawning and nursery grounds for fisheries resources. Yongil Bay is one of major coastal marine ecosystems, which is located in the southwestern East Sea of Korea. Species composition and abundance of marine organism in the Yongil Bay were investigated by season from March to November 2009. Gill net and pot fisheries were used for survey of pelagic and demersal species composition, and collected 106 species, 67 families, and 7 taxa of fisheries resources from the coastal ecosystem. Species were included 2 species in Ascidiacea, 2 species in Bivalvia, 6 in Cephalopoda, 22 in Crustacea, 5 in Echinodermata, 12 in Gastropoda, and 57 in Pisces. Diversity indices (Shannon index, H') showed seasonal variation with low value of 2.11 in winter, and high value of 2.63 in autumn. Main dominant species were Asterias amurensis, Pleuronectes yokohamae, Siphonalia spadicea fuscolineata, Trachurus japonicas, Sillago japonica, Conger myriaster, Volutharpa ampullaceal, Engraulis japonicus, Asterina pectinifera, and Portunus (Portunus) sanguinolentus that were occupied over 71.5% of total individuals, and 52.9% of wet weight. Seasonal variations of fisheries resources composition were discussed on correlationships with those of environmental factors in the coastal ecosystem of the Yongil Bay in Korea. Those results from this study will provide scientific data and information to develop the ecosystem-based coastal fisheries assessment and management system in Korea.
Seasonal variations;Fisheries resources composition;Coastal ecosystem;Yongil Bay;PCA
- Allen, L. G., 1982, Seasonal abundance, composition and productivity of the littoral fish assemblage in upper Newport Bay, California. Fish. Bull. U.S., 80, 767-790.
- Cha, H. K., Lee, J. U., Park, C. S., Baik, C. I., Hong, S. Y., Park, J. H., Lee, D. W., Choi, Y. M., Hwang, K. S., Kim, Z. G., Choi, K .H., Shon, H. S., Shon, M. H., Kim, D. H., Choi, J. H., 2001, Shrimps of the Korean Waters, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute, Korea, 1-188.
- Chyung, M. K., 1977, The Fishes of Korea, Iljisa Publishing co., Seoul, 727.
- Clarke, K. R., Gorley, R. N., 2006, PRIMER v6: User Manual/Tutorial. Plymouth Marine Laboratory, UK, 190.
- Emmanual, B. E., Onyema, I. C., 2007, The plankton and fishes of a tropical creek in South-Western Nigeria. Turk, J. Fish. Aqut. Sci., 7, 105-114.
- Gong, Y., Son, S. J., 1982, A study of oceanic thermal fronts in the southwestern Japan Sea, Bull. Fish. Res. Dev. Agency, 28, 25-54.
- Han, K. H., Choi, S. H., Kim, B. K., Park, J. H. Jeong, D. S., 1997, Seasonal variation of species composition of fishes collected by set net in Youngil Bay, Eastern coast of Korea, Rep. Nat. Fish. Res. & Dep. Inst., 53, 13-54.
- Han, K. H., Son, J. C., Hwang, D. S., Choi, S. H., 2002, Species composition and quantitative fluctuation of fishes collected by trammel net in coastal waters of Seokbyeong, Pohang, Korean J. Ichthyol., 14(2), 109-120.
- Han, K. H., Hong, J. S., Kim, Y. S., Jeon, K. A., Kim, Y. S., Hong, B. K., Hwang, D. S., 2003, Species composition and seasonal variations of ichthyoplankton in coastal waters of Yeongil Bay, Korea, Korean J. Ichthyol., 15(2), 87-94.
- Hong, B. K., Kim, J. K., Park, K. D., Jeon, K. A., Chun, Y. Y., Hwang, K. S., Kim, Y. S., Park, K. Y., 2008, Species composition of fish collected in gill nets from Youngil Bay, East of Korea, J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 41(5), 353-362.
- Hong, S. Y., Park, K. Y., Park, C. W., Han, C. H., Suh, H. L., Yun, S. G., Song, C. B., Jo, S. G., Lim, H. S., Kang, Y. S., Kim, D. J., Ma, C. W., Son, M. H., Cha, H. K., Kim, K. B., Choi, S. D., Park, K. Y., Oh, C. W., Kim, D. N., Shon, H. S., Kim, J.N., Choi, J. H., Kim, M. H., Choi, I. Y., 2006, Marine Invertebrates in Korean Coasts, Academy Publishing Company, Inc., Seoul, Korea, 1-482.
- Kim, I. S., Choi, Y., Lee, C. L., Lee, Y. J., Kim, B. J., Kim, J. H., 1995, Illustrated Book of Korean Fishes, Kyo-Hak Publishing Co., Ltd., 1-615.
- Lee, T. W., 1999, seasonal variation in species composition of demersal fish in Yongil Bay, East coast of Korea, J. Korean Fish. Soc., 32(4), 512-519.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute), 2005, Study on qualitative changes of marine environment at Youngil Bay, Technical report of NFRDI, NFRDI, 88.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute), 2010, Korea oceanographic data center, Available from http://portal.nfrdi.re.kr/envirodata (accessed 27 Oct. 2010).
- Shannon, C. E., 1948, A mathematical theory of communication, Bell System Technical Journal, 27, 379-423. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1948.tb01338.x
- Soyinka, O. O., Kassem, A. O., 2008, Seasonal variation in the distribution and fish species diversity of a tropical lagoon in South-West Nigeria, J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 3(6), 375-383. https://doi.org/10.3923/jfas.2008.375.383
- Tackx, M. L. M., Pauw, N. D., Mieghem, R. V., Azemar, F., Hannouti, A., Damme, S. V., Fiers, N., Meire, P., 2004, Zooplankton in the Schelde estuary, Belgium and the Netherland. Spatial and temporal patterns, J. Plankton Res., 26(2), 133-141. https://doi.org/10.1093/plankt/fbh016
- Maturity and Spawning of the Marbled Flounder Pseudopleuronectes yokohamae off the Coast of Pohang, East Sea vol.49, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.10.1275
- Species composition and distribution property of dredge fishery in Yeongil Bay, Korea vol.52, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.10.1275
연구 과제번호 : 독도 및 심해 생태계자원조사
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 국립수산과학원