- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis on the Impact of Mutual Interference and the Interference Suppression Method for CBTC System in the Presence of WPAN System
CBTC시스템과 WPAN시스템의 상호간섭영향 및 간섭신호 억제방안에 대한 성능분석
- Kim, Seong Cheol (Department of Railroad electrical system engineering, Woosong University)
- Received : 2012.03.29
- Accepted : 2012.09.10
- Published : 2012.10.30
The CBTC(Communication based Train Control) and WPAN(Wireless Personal Area Network) systems employed on 2.4GHz ISM band wireless networks provide complementary service within the same environment. Coexistence between the networks will be impaired if the mutual packets are uncertainty associated the timing or gaussian distance. This paper analyzes the impact of the mutual interference and proposed method to minimize the effect of the WPAN system signals on CBTC system. The performance analysis is illustrated by examining the symbol error rate versus signal to noise interference ratio in terms of carrier frequency offset. The method contributes to reduce the symbol error rate drastically. However it can't be a fundamental solution for the impact on the interference problem. It may be needed for railway only frequency after checking the problems of the current railway frequency.
- C.H. Jung (2009) A Study on the improving plan for ISM Equipment system, Korea Radio Promotion Association.
- J.H. Jeon et al. (2009) A Study on the guarantee plan for an exclusive railway wireless frequency, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway Spring conference, pp. 2030-2037.
- Nada Golmie and Frederic Mouveaxu (2001) Interference In the 2.4GHz ISM band: Impact on the Bluetooth Access Control performance IEEE conference on Wireless personal communication, pp. 2540-2545.
- Jim Lansford et al. (2001) Wi-fi(802.11b) and Bluetooth : Enabling Coexistence, IEEE Networks Vol.19 No.5 pp. 20-27.
- John W Ketchum, John G Proakis (1982) Adaptive Algorithms for estimating and Suppressing narrow band interference in PN Spread-Spectrum Systems, IEEE Trans. ON Communications Vol. Com.30 No.5 pp. 913-924. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOM.1982.1095542
- IEEE Std. 802-11 (2001) IEEE Standard for Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer(PHY) Specification
- LOH-MING LI, Laurence B. Milstein (1982) Rejection of Narrow-band Interference in PN Spread-Spectrum Systems using Transversal filters, IEEE Trans. ON Communications Vol. Com.30 No.5, pp. 925-928. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCOM.1982.1095543
- J. Proakis (1995) Digital Communication 3ed McGraw-Hill
- Jack, K. Homes (1982) Coherent Spread Communication, Wiley interscience, Inc.
- A Distributed Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) Access Scheme for Efficient WLAN Communication in Busy Train Stations vol.17, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.6.402