- Volume 26 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of PEID for Acquiring Maintenance Information during Product Lifecycle of Marine Vessels
선박해양구조물의 제품수명주기 내 유지보수 정보 획득을 위한 PEID에 관한 연구
Jeon, Jeong-Ik;Lee, Jang-Hyun;Son, Gum-Jun
- Received : 2012.02.08
- Accepted : 2012.10.25
- Published : 2012.10.31
The product lifecycle of a marine vessel can be classified into the design-production, operation-maintenance, and disposal phases. During the operation and maintenance phase, status data should be gathered from the major machinery and instruments installed on the marine vessel in order to perform efficient maintenance work. Although a PLM (product lifecycle management) system can manage the product information during the design and assembly stage, a PLM based on asset management technology is more appropriate for product information management during the operation stage. Product embedded information devices (PEIDs) are suggested for gathering real-time maintenance information during the operation and maintenance lifecycle. A PEID allows PLM to provide the capability of offering active information exchange between the lifecycle management system and equipment. This study designed a PEID to effectively obtain information and interact with a PLM system. It consists of sensors, wireless communication, and a micro-processor, which allow it to accumulate status data on the PLM system. The embedded information device and PLM enable the seamless information flow, tracking, and updating of MRO (maintenance repair and overhaul) information for a product throughout the middle of the product lifecycle.
- Williams, J.H., Davies, A. and Drake, P.R. (1994). "Condition Based Maintenance and Machine Diagnostics", Chapman & Hall.
- Yang, X., Moore, P. and Chong, S.K. (2009). "Intelligent products: From Lifecycle Data Acquisition to Enabling Productrelated services", Computers in Industry, Vol 60, No 3, pp 184-194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2008.12.009
- Simon, M. Bee, G., Moore, P.R, Pu, J. and Xie, C. (2000). "Life Cycle Data Acquisition Unit-design, Implementation, Economics and Environmental Benefits," Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Electronics & the Environment, pp 284-289.
- Thomas, G., Scott, H. and Raj, I. (2010). "Condition-based Maintenance and the Product Improvement Process", Computers in Industry, Vol 61, No 9, pp 813-832. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2010.07.007
- Xiaoyu, Y., Philip, M. and Seng, K.C. (2009). "Intelligent Products: From Lifecycle Data Acquisition to Enabling Product-related Services", Computers in Industry, Vol 60, No 3, pp 184-194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2008.12.009
- Wang, Y., Linch, J.P. and Law, K.H. (2007). "Wireless Sensing Technologies for Civil Infrastructure Monitoring and Management", 5th International Symposium for Safety of Infrastructure, U-Safety for Infrastructure.
- Pandian, A. and Ali, A. (2010). "A Review of Recent Trends in Machine Diagnosis and Prognosis Algorithms", International Journal of Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications, Vol 2, pp 320-328.
- Simon, M., Allman, L., Moore, P.R., Yang, X. and Cock, T. (2004). "Product Design Informed by Lifecycle Information: Initial Results from ELIMA", Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Manufacturing Research (ICMR2004), pp 103-122.
- Moore, P.R., Pu, J., Xie, C., Simon, M. and Bee, G. (2000). "Life Cycle Data Acquisition Methods and Devices" Proceedings of the 7th Mechatronics Forum International Conference (Mechatronics 2000).
- Muller, A., Marquez, A.C. and Iung, B. (2008). "On the Concept of E-maintenance: Review and Current Research", Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol 93, No 8, pp 1165-1187. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2007.08.006
- Park, H.S. and Choi, W.S. (2005). "Disassembly Process Planning of End-of-Life Car", International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol 6, No 1, pp 42-50.
- Miller, A.J. (1999). "A New Wavelet Basis for the Decomposition of Gear Motion Error Signals and its Application to Gearbox Diagnostics", M.Sc. Thesis, The Pennsylvania State University.
- MIMOSA (2010). OpenO&MTM CIR Specification A Common Interoperability Registry V1.0.
- Kiritsis, D. (2011). "Closed-loop PLM for Intelligent Products in the Era of the Internet of Things," Computer-Aided Design, Vol 43, No 5, pp 479-501. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2010.03.002
- Liu, Z., Yin, X., Zhang, Z., Chen, D. and Chen, W. (2004). "Online Rotor Mixed Fault Diagnosis Way Based on Spectrum Analysis of Instantaneous Power in Squirrel Cage Induction Motors", IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol 19, No 3, pp 485-490. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2004.832052
- Lopez, T.S. (2011) "RFID and Sensor Integration Standards: State and Future Prospects", Computer Standards & Interfaces, Vol 33, No 3, pp 207-213. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csi.2010.09.002
- Kim, S.H., Lee, J.H., Kim, K.S. and Jeon, J.I. (2010). "An Implementation Enterprise BOM for Marine Vessel of Pipe Equipment", Transactions of the Society of CAD/ CAM Engineers, Vol 16, No 1, pp 41-51.
- Jardine, A.K.S., Lin, D. and Banjevic, D. (2006). "A Review on Machinery Diagnostics and Prognostics Implementing Condition-based Maintenance", Mechanical Systems and Signal Process, Vol 20, No 7, pp 1483-1510. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2005.09.012
- Jun, H.B., Kiritsis, D., and Xiouchakis, P. (2007). "Research Issues on Closed-loop PLM", Computers in Industry, Vol 58, No 8-9, pp 855-868. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2007.04.001
- Jun, H.B., Shin, J.H., Kim, Y.S., Kiritsis, D. and Xirouchakis, P. (2009). "A Framework for RFID Applications in Product Lifecycle Management", International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol 22, No 7, pp 595-165. https://doi.org/10.1080/09511920701501753
- Forss, B., Petrow, J., Framling, K., Dikici, C. and Anke, J. (2006). PROMISE DR6.5: interface definition and design of enterprise communication infrastructure.
- Grall, A., Berengure, C. and Dieulle, L. (2002). "A Conditionbased Maintenance Policy for Stochastically Deteriorating Systems", Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol 76, pp 167-180. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0951-8320(01)00148-X
- Gulledge, T., Hiroshige, S. and Iyer, R. (2010). "Conditionbased Maintenance and the Product Improvement Process", Computers in Industry, Vol 61, No 9, pp 813-832. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2010.07.007
- Jakkhupan, W., Arch-int, S. and Li, Y. (2011). "Business Process Analysis and Simulation for the RFID and EPCglobal Network Enabled Supply Chain: A Proof-ofconcept Approach", Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol 34, No 3, pp 949-957. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2010.04.003
- Fernandez, J.F. and Marquez, A.C. (2009). "Framework for Implementation of Maintenance Management in Distribution Network Service Providers", Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol 94, No 10, pp 1639-1649. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2009.04.003
- Firmtech (2003). Zigbee Embedded Modules FZ750BS/FZ750BC Manual VERSION 0.1.7, Firmtech Co., Ltd.
- Dalpiaz, G., Rivola, A. and Rubini, R. (2000). "Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing", Vol 14, No 3, pp 387-412. https://doi.org/10.1006/mssp.1999.1294
- DnV (2000). Technical Paper-Hot Surfaces in Engine Rooms Paper Series No. 2000-P025.
- EPCglobal (2006). EPC Information Services (EPCIS) Version 1.0 Specification, working draft.
- Bodenhoefer, K., Schneider, A., Cock, T., Brooks, A., Sands, G., Allman, L., Simon, M., Chong, S.K., Yang, X., Delannoy, O., Catanese, B. and Mueller, K. (2004). "Environmental life cycle information management and acquisition: first experiences and results from field trials", Proceedings of the Conference on Electronics Goes Green 2004.
- Chang, K.P., Rausand, M. and Vatn, J. (2008). "Reliability Assessment of Reliquefaction Systems on LNG Carriers", Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol 93, No 9, pp 1345-1353. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2006.11.005
- Cao, H., Folan, P., Mascolo, J. and Browne, J. (2012). "RFID in Product Lifecycle Management: A Case in the Automotive Industry", International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol 22, No 7, pp 616-637.
- 이경호 (2004). "동시공학적 선박설계를 위한 웹 기반의 협업설계 시스템", 한국해양공학회지, 제18권, 제6호, pp 37-43.
- 정완영, 이승철 (2006). "신경회로망 알고리즘과 ATmega128칩을 활용한 자동차용 지능형 AQS 시스템", 제어․자동화․시스템공학 논문지, 제12권, 제6호, pp 539-546. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2006.12.6.539
- 황선기, 이상구 (2009) "ZigBee의 영상 전송을 이용한 침입자 탐지 시스템 구현", 보안공학연구논문지, 제6권, 제4호, pp 241-251.
- 김승현, 이장현, 이경호, 박광필, 서흥원 (2010). "4-계층 모델 기반 의 선박 수명주기관리 시스템 프레임워크," 한국 CAD/AM 학회 논문집, 제15권, 제5호, pp 362-374.
- 김승현, 이장현, 손금준, 한은정 (2012). "선박해양구조물의 유지보수 단계 수명주기관리 정보 시스템의 개념 설계와 구현," 한국해양공학회지, 제26권, 제2호, pp 58-67. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.2.058
- 김진태, 권영미 (2006). "RFDI와 Zigebee를 이용한 유비쿼터스 u-ealth 시스템 구현", 2006년 전자공학회 논문지, 제43권, TC편 1호, pp 79-88.
- 소승욱 (2010). "선박 수명주기 관리를 위한 CMMS 개발 추진 사례," 2010 PLM 컨소시엄컨퍼런스.
- A Study on Estimating the Next Failure Time of LNG FPSO Compressor vol.19, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2014.203