- Volume 22 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Dynamic Behavior of Floating Slab Track Using a Nonlinear Viscoelastic Spring Model
비선형 점탄성 스프링 모델을 이용한 플로팅 슬래브 궤도의 동적 거동 해석
- Jang, Seung Yup (Advanced HSR Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Jin Chul (Railroad Department, Seohae Engineering) ;
- Hwang, Sung Ho (Advanced HSR Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Eun (Advanced HSR Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.07.19
- Accepted : 2012.09.20
- Published : 2012.11.20
Recently, the vibration and structure-borne noise induced by passing trains are of great concerns, and the floating slab track is highlighted as one of most efficient alternatives to reduce the railway vibration. However, due to the non-linearity and viscosity of rubber spring used in the floating slab track, its dynamic behavior is very complex. In this study, therefore, to simulate the dynamic behavior of floating slab track with a better accuracy, a nonlinear viscoelastic rubber spring model that can be incorporated in commercial finite element analysis codes has been proposed. This model is composed of a combination of elastic spring element, friction element and viscous element, and termed the "generalized friction viscoelastic model(GFVM)". Also, in this study, the method to determine the model parameters of GFVM based on Berg's 5-parameter model was presented. The results of the finite element analysis with this rubber spring model exhibit very good correlation with the test results of a laboratory mock-up test, and the feasibility of GFVM has been verified.
- Kim, B.-S. and Lee, T.-K., 2010, The Vibrational Evaluation of Railway Station by the Train Service, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 10, pp. 968-975. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2010.20.10.968
- Bennett, D. R. and Bush, D. J. and Greer, R. J., 2003, Softly, Softly under the City, Railway Gazette International, pp. 575-578.
- Berg, M., 1997, A Model for Rubber Spring in the Dynamic Analysis of Rail Vehicles, Proceedings of Institution of Mechanical Engineers(IMech), Part F: Journal of Rail and Rapid Transit, Vol. 211, No. 2, pp. 95-108.
- Sjoberg, M., 2002, On Dynamic Properties of Rubber Isolators, Doctoral Thesis, Department of Vehicle Engineering, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm.
- Harris, J. and Stevenson, A., 1986, On the role of Nonlinearity in the Dynamic Behaviour of Rubber Components, Rubber Chemistry and Technology, Vol. 59, No. 5, pp. 740-764. https://doi.org/10.5254/1.3538231
- Treloir, L. R. G., 1975, The Physics of Rubber Elasticity, Clarendon Press, Oxford.
- Freaky, P. K. and Payne, A. R., 1978, Theory and Practice of Engineering with Rubber, Applied Science Publishers, London.
- Payne, R. E. and Whittaker, R. E., 1971, Low Strain Dynamic Properties of Filled Rubbers, Rubber Chemistry and Technology, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 440-478. https://doi.org/10.5254/1.3547375
- De Man, A. P., 2002, DYNATRACK - A Survey of Dynamic Railway Track Properties and Their Quality, Research Report, Technical University of Delft, The Netherlands.
- Karlsson, F. and Persson, A., 2003, Modeling Non-linear Dynamics of Rubber Bushings - Parameter Identification and Validation, Master's Dissertation, Division of Structural Mechanics, Lund University, Sweden.
- EN 13481-2, 2002, Railway Applications - Track - Performance Requirements for Fastening Systems - Part 2: Fastening Systems for Concrete Sleepers, European Committee for Standardization(CEN).
- Cho, S. I., 2011, Development of Low Vibration Track(Floating Slab Track) and Technology for Improvement of Performance of Long-span Bridges, 2nd Phase Interim Report for Next-generation High-speed Railway Technology Development(Land, Transport and Maritime R&D Research Project), No. R&D/II-2-2.
- Hsu, T. T. C. and Mo, Y.-L., 2010, Unified Theory of Concrete Structures, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Seo, S. B., 2002, Permanent Way Engineering, Eul & Al, Seoul.
- Performance Test of Rail Fastening System for Kyeong-Bu High-speed Railway(Pandrol SFC System), 2005, Test Report, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials, KRTC, Co.