- Volume 61 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Optimal Design of Matrix-type SFCLs According to Turn Number of Reactors
리액터의 권선수에 따른 매트릭스형 한류기 최적화 설계
- Chung, Dong Chul (Dept. of EE, Woosuk Univ.)
- 정동철 (우석대학교 전기전자공학과)
- Received : 2012.11.11
- Accepted : 2012.11.19
- Published : 2012.12.01
In this work, we investigated quench characteristics of matrix-type superconducting fault current limiters (MFCLs) according to the turn number of reactors. The reactors used in MFCLs apply magnetic field to superconducting elements within reactors when fault currents surge into MFCL systems. It makes the fast and simultaneous quenches between superconducting elements. Also reactors decrease the fault power burden of superconducting elements by bypassing the partial fault currents to itself, when quench occurs. These structure proposed in this work can be expected to achieve much more current limiting capacity even though it uses less superconductors compared with other type SFCLs. Three reactors were made by Bakelite. These reactors with the turn number of 190, 380 and 570, had the length of 270 mm and diameter of 80 mm. We reported experimental results, including fault currents, fault voltages and resistance in superconducting elements according to the turn number of reactors. We confirmed that experimental results will be useful in next future plan for the real power grid.
Supported by : 우석대학교
- M. Noe, et. als.,"High voltage design, requirements and tests of a 10MVA superconducting fault current limiter," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol.15, No.2, pp.2082-2085, 2005 https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2005.849457
- H. S. Choi and Y. S. Cho, "Critical current equalization via neutral lines in a transformer-type SFCL", IEEE Transaction on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 736-733, 2008.
- D. C. Chung, H.S. Choi, N.Y. Lee, G.Y. Nam, Y.S. Cho, T.H. Sung, Y.H. Han, B.S. Kim, S.H. Lim , "Optimum design of matrix fault current limiters using the series resistance connected with shunt coil," Physica C, Vol. 463-465, pp.1193-1197, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physc.2007.03.457
- Y. S. Cho, H. S Choi, S. P. Go,"Operational Characteristics of Transformer-Type SFCL with or without Neutral Line between the Secondary windings and Superconducting units",Trans. KIEE, Vol. 60, No. 6, pp.1268-1273, 2011.