- Volume 34 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Measurement-Based Stochastic Cross-Correlation Models of a Multilink Channel in Cooperative Communication Environments
- Park, Jae-Joon (Advanced Communications Research Laboratory, ETRI) ;
- Kim, Myung-Don (Advanced Communications Research Laboratory, ETRI) ;
- Kwon, Heon-Kook (Advanced Communications Research Laboratory, ETRI) ;
- Chung, Hyun Kyu (Advanced Communications Research Laboratory, ETRI) ;
- Yin, Xuefeng (College of Electronics and Information Engineering, Tongji University) ;
- Fu, Yaoyao (College of Electronics and Information Engineering, Tongji University)
- Received : 2012.04.27
- Accepted : 2012.10.01
- Published : 2012.12.31
In this paper, stochastic models for the cross-correlation of multiple channels are established based on measurement data collected using a wideband multiple-input multiple-output relay Band Exploration and Channel Sounder system at 3.7 GHz. We propose models for the cross-correlation characteristics of large-scale parameters (LSPs) between two links, that is, the base station and mobile station (MS) link and the relay station and MS link. The LSPs include shadow fading, Rician K-factor, delay spread, angle spread of arrival, and angle spread of departure. Furthermore, models are established for the cross-correlation of the small-scale fading in the impulse responses of two links. The statistics of these model parameters are investigated as functions of geometrical features of the multilink. They are extracted from a large amount of cross-correlation observations, which are obtained in three measurement sites along more than one hundred measurement routes. These models can be used together with the standard single-link channel models for the generation of correlated components, for example, path clusters, in two separate channels.
Grant : Wideband Wireless Channel Modeling based on IMT-Advanced
Supported by : KCA
- P. Kyosti et al., "WINNER II Channel Models," IST-WINNER II D1.1.2, Nov. 2007.
- ITU-R, "Guidelines for Evaluation of Radio Interface Technologies for IMT-Advanced," ITU-R Report M.2135, Oct. 2008.
- N. Jalden et al., "Inter- and Intrasite Correlation of Large-Scale Parameters from Macrocellular Measurements at 1800 MHz," EURASIP J. Wireless Commun. Netw., vol. 2007, July 2007, 25757. https://doi.org/10.1155/2007/25757
- E. Perahia, D.C. Cox, and S. Ho, "Shadow Fading Cross Correlation Between Basestations," Proc. IEEE VTC, Spring 2001, pp. 313-317.
- J. Weitzen and T.J. Lowe, "Measurement of Angular and Distance Correlation Properties of Log-Normal Shadowing at 1900 MHz and Its Application to Design of PCS Systems," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 51, no. 2, Mar. 2002, pp. 265-273. https://doi.org/10.1109/25.994804
- P. Agrawal and N. Patwari, "Correlated Link Shadow Fading in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 8, no. 8, Aug. 2009, pp. 4024-4036. https://doi.org/10.1109/T-WC.2009.080207
- C. Oestges et al., "Experimental Characterization and Modeling of Outdoor-to-Indoor and Indoor-to-Indoor Distributed Channels," IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 59, no. 5, June 2010, pp. 2253-2265. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2010.2042475
- X. Yin et al., "Investigation of Large- and Small-Scale Fading Cross-correlation Using Propagation Graphs," IEEE Int. Symp. Antennas Propag. (ISAP), Oct. 2011.
- X. Yin et al., "Preliminary Study on Angular Small-Scale Cross-Correlation of Channels in NLOS Scenarios Using Propagation Graphs," Int. Workshop Broadband MIMO Channel Measurement Modeling (IWonCMM), May 2011.
- M.D. Kim et al., "Performance Evaluation of Wideband MIMO Relay Channel Sounder for 3.7 GHz," IEEE Asia Pacific Wireless Commun. Symp. (APWCS), Aug. 2011.
- W. Kim, J.J. Park, and H.J. Lee, "An Autocorrelation Model for Shadow Fading in Urban Macro Environments," IEEE ISAP, Oct. 2011.
- J.J. Park, M.D. Kim, and H.K. Chung, "Measured MIMO Channel Characteristics at 3.7 GHz in an Indoor Office Environment," IEEE APWCS, Aug. 2011.
- J.J. Park, H.K. Kwon, and H.K. Chung, "Indoor Office Wideband MIMO Channel Characteristics at 3.7 GHz," IEEE ISAP, Oct. 2011.
- B.H. Fleury et al., "Channel Parameter Estimation in Mobile Radio Environment Using the SAGE Algorithm," IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., vol. 17, no. 3, Mar. 1999, pp. 434-450. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.753729
- B.H. Fleury et al., "Performance of a High-Resolution Scheme for Joint Estimation of Delay and Bidirection Dispersion in the Radio Channel," VTC, May 2002.
- C.X. Wang et al., "Cooperative MIMO Channel Models: A Survey," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 48, no. 2, Feb. 2010, pp. 80-87.
- 3GPP, "Further Advancements for Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (EUTRA) Physical Layer Aspects (Release 9)," TR 36.814v9.0.0, 2009.
- 3GPP, "Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (EUTRA) and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (EUTRAN); Overall Description; Stage 2," TR 36.300 v8.7.0, Dec. 2008.
- Q. Zuo et al., "Experimental Spatial Correlation Characteristics of Propagation Channels in Indoor Environments," Int. Conf. Wireless Commun. Signal Process. (WCSP), Oct. 2010.
- X. Zhou et al., "Experimental Investigation of Impact of Antenna Locations on the Capacity of Wideband Distributed Antenna Systems in Indoor Environments," European Conf. Antennas Propag. (EuCAP), Apr. 2011, pp. 1639-1643.
- 3GPP, "Spatial channel model for Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) simulations," TR 25.996 v6.1.0, Sept. 2003.