- Volume 34 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Design of an Ultra-Compact UHF Passive RFID Tag Antenna for a Medical Sample Tube
- Lee, Jung-Nam (Advanced Communications Research Laboratory, ETRI) ;
- Hwang, Moon-Young (Department of Logistics and Distribution Information, Hyechon College) ;
- Lee, Sang-Il (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Hanbat National University) ;
- Lee, Kwang-Chun (Advanced Communications Research Laboratory, ETRI) ;
- Park, Jong-Kweon (Department of Information and Communication Engineering, Hanbat National University)
- Received : 2012.04.13
- Accepted : 2012.07.19
- Published : 2012.12.31
In this letter, a small-sized ultra-high frequency (UHF) RFID tag antenna for a medical sample tube is proposed. The RFID tag antenna is designed and fabricated based on the circular loop antenna used in the UHF band (Korea standard, 917 MHz to 923.5 MHz). The tag antenna size is reduced using a circular meander stub. The antenna has a physical size of 8 mm, which is about
Grant : Development of B4G Mobile Communication Technologies for Smart Mobile Services
Supported by : KEIT
- C.H. Cho, H.S. Choo, and I.M. Park, "Design of UHF Small Passive Tag Antennas," Antennas Propag. Soc. Int. Symp., vol. 2B, July 2005, pp. 349-352.
- K.H. Chang, S.I. Kwak, and Y.J. Yoon, "Small-Sized Spiral Dipole Antenna for RFID Transponder of UHF Band," Microw. Conf. Proc., Asia-Pacific Conf. Proc., Dec. 2005.
- H.K. Ryu and J.M. Woo, "Size Reduction in UHF Band RFID Tag Antenna Based on Circular Loop Antenna," Appl. Electromagn. Commun., Dubrovnik, Croatia, Oct. 2005, pp. 1-4.
- L.N. Mun et al., "A Small Passive UHF RFID Tag for Livestock Identification," Microw., Antenna, Propag. EMC Technol. Wireless Commun., vol. 1, Aug. 2005, pp. 67-70.
- H.K. Ryu and J.M. Woo, "Miniaturization of Rectangular Loop Antenna Using Meander Line for RFID Tags," Electron. Lett., vol. 43, no. 7, Mar. 2007, pp. 372-374. https://doi.org/10.1049/el:20070398
- A.M.A. Salama and K.M. Quboa, "A New Fractal Loop Antenna for Passive UHF RFID Tags Applications," Inf. Commun. Technol.: Theory Appl., Damascus, Syria, Apr. 2008, pp. 1-6.
- J.S. Kim et al., "Shorted Microstrip Patch Antenna Using Inductively Coupled Feed for UHF RFID Tag," ETRI J., vol. 30, no. 4, Aug. 2008, pp. 600-602. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.08.0208.0074
- W.C. Choi et al., "RFID Tag Antenna Coupled by Shorted Microstrip Line for Metallic Surfaces," ETRI J., vol. 30, no. 4, Aug. 2008, pp. 597-599. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.08.0208.0063