- Volume 57 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Enhancement of Creative Thinking Skill through the Writing Activity about the Basic Inquiry and the Integrated Inquiry Elements
탐구 요소 별 글쓰기와 통합적 문제 해결 글쓰기 활동을 통한 창의적 사고력 신장 방안
- Received : 2013.09.09
- Accepted : 2013.11.12
- Published : 2013.12.20
The purpose of this study was to develop a teaching strategy focused on science writing and to investigate its effects on enhancing students' creative thinking skills. In advance, students in the experiment were led to write by inquiry elements. And students in the experiment group were taught by science writing strategy. Students in the control group were taught by traditional lecture-based instructions. The program was implemented over a semester. The results indicated that the experimental group presented statistically meaningful improvement in creative thinking skills(p<.05). Especially, science writing was effective on fluency and flexibility development(p<.05). This study suggests that science writing can be effective for improvement of creative thinking skills.
Science writing;Creative thinking skill;Fluency;Flexibility;Originality
- Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development Science Curriculum; Daehan Textbook Publishing: Seoul, Korea, 2007.
- Ministry of Education Science and Technology Science Curriculum; Daehan Textbook Publishing: Seoul, Korea, 2009.
- Koo, S. K.; Park, I. W. The Journal of Korea Elementary Science Education 2012, 31(4), 463.
- Lee, K. N. Effects of Constructivistic Learning Strategy on Middle School Students' Learning of Scientific Conception Learning and Scientific Attitudes. Doctor Dissertation, Chonbuk National University, Korea, 2007.
- Hwang, S. Y. The Effects of Science Writing Program on Middle Students' Scientific Creativity and Science-related Attitude. Doctor Dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea, 2011.
- Song, Y. M. Development a Rubric for Assessing Students' Science Writing. Doctor Dissertation, Korea National University of Education, Chung-Buk, Korea, 2012.
- Prain, V.; Hand, B. Science Education 1999, 83(2), 151-162. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-237X(199903)83:2<151::AID-SCE4>3.0.CO;2-S
- Hassard, J.; Dias, M. The art of Teaching Science: Inquiry and Innovation in Middle and High School, 2nd ed.; Routledge: New York, 2009.
- Keys, C. W. Science Education 1999, 83(2), 115-130. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-237X(199903)83:2<115::AID-SCE2>3.0.CO;2-Q
- Krajcik, J.; Czernial, C. Teaching Science in Elementary and Middle School: A Projected Approach, 3rd ed.; Lawrence Erlbaum Associates: New York, 2007.
- Yore, L. D.; Florence, M. K.; Pearson, T. W.; Weaver, A. J. International Journal of Science Education 2006, 28(2-3), 109. https://doi.org/10.1080/09500690500336601
- Keys, C. W. Science Education 1999, 83(2), 115. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-237X(199903)83:2<115::AID-SCE2>3.0.CO;2-Q
- Park, S. H. The Effect of Science Writing Heuristic Laboratory Class on Scientific Thinking of Middle School Students. Master Dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea, 2011.
- Bae, H. S.; Jhun, Y. S.; Hong, J. E. The Journal of Korea Elementary Science Education 2009, 28(2), 178.
- Lee, S. H.; Kim, E. J.; Chang, H. J. The Journal of Korea Elementary Science Education 2011, 30(4), 589.
- Ha, Y. H. How Science Writing Heuristic Strategy Impacts Student Performance and Their Science Inquiry Skill in the Laboratory Class. Master Dissertation, Korea National University of Education, Chung-Buk, Korea, 2008.
- Nam, J. H.; Kwak, K. H.; Jang, K. H;, Hand, B. Korea Assoc. Sci. Edu. 2008, 28(8), 922.
- Rivard, L. P. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 1994, 31, 969. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660310910
- Keys, C. W.; Hand, B.; Prain, V.; Collins, S. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 1999, 36(10), 1065. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2736(199912)36:10<1065::AID-TEA2>3.0.CO;2-I
- Rivard, L. P.; Straw, S. B. Science Education 2000, 84, 566. https://doi.org/10.1002/1098-237X(200009)84:5<566::AID-SCE2>3.0.CO;2-U
- Mason, L.; Boscolo, P. Instructional Science 2000, 28, 199. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1003854216687
- Fellows, N. J. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 1994, 31, 985-1001. https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660310911
- Jeong, H.; Jeong, Y. J.; Song, J. Y. Korea Assoc. Sci. Edu. 2004, 24(5), 1008.
- Keys, C. W. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 2000, 37(7), 676. https://doi.org/10.1002/1098-2736(200009)37:7<676::AID-TEA4>3.0.CO;2-6
- Klein, P. D. Educational Psychology Review 1999, 11(3), 203-270. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1021913217147
- Greene, L. Writing in the Life Science: A Critical Thinking Approach; Oxford University Press: New York, 2010.
- Han, K. Y. Journal of Korean Modern Literature 2007, 32, 39-70.
- Rowell, P. M. Studies in Science Education 1997, 31(1), 19-56.
- Chinn, P. W. U.; Hilgers, T. L. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 2000, 37(1), 3. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2736(200001)37:1<3::AID-TEA2>3.0.CO;2-Z
- Prain, V. International Journal of Science Education, 2006, 28(2-3), 179-201. https://doi.org/10.1080/09500690500336643
- Keys, C. W.; Hand, B.; Prain, V.; Collins, S. Journal of Research in Science Teaching 1999, 36(10), 1065-1084. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2736(199912)36:10<1065::AID-TEA2>3.0.CO;2-I
- Burke, K. A.; Greenbowe, T. J.; Hand, B. M. Journal of Chemical Education 2006, 83(7), 1032-1038. https://doi.org/10.1021/ed083p1032
- Kim, H. J. Development and Application of Scientific Criticism Instructional Model. Doctor Dissertation, Kongju National University, Korea, 2008.
- Kim, H. S. The Philosophy of Science 2010, 13-2, 117.
- Moon, Y. K.; Jeong, Y. L. The Journal of Korea Elementary Science Education 2012, 31(2), 208-215.
- Kang, S. H. Assessment Instruments and Criteria of Creative Problem Solving Thinking Skills in Science Education; Ewha Womans University: Seoul, Korea, 2010.
- Berry, A.; Mullhall, P.; Loughran, J. J.; Gustone, R. F. Australian Science Teacher Journal 1999, 45(1), 27-31.
- Park, H. J.; Lee, E. J.; Kang, S. H. The Development of Test of Creative Problrm Solving Thinking Skills for High School Students. The 60th The korean association for science education conference poster, 2011.
- Roadranka, V.; Yeany, R. H.; Padilla, M. J. The Construction and Validation of Group Assessment of Logical Thinking. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching. Dallas, Texas, 1983.
- Yun, H. J.; Hong, H. I.; Bang, D. M.; Kang, S. H. J. Korea Chem. Soc. 2011, 55(6), 1056-1073. https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2011.55.6.1056
- Park, J. E. The Development of Teaching Strategy Focused on Listing, Excluding and Controlling Variables and Its Effect on Students' Creative Problem Solving Skills. Doctor. Dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea, 2012.
- An Comparison Analysis of Science Writing Tasks in the Chemistry Domain of Middle School Science Textbooks Developed under the 2007 & the 2009 Revised National Curriculums (RNC) vol.58, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2014.58.6.600
- Study on Enhancement Problem Solving Ability through Science Writing Activities vol.58, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2014.58.6.649
Supported by : 한국연구재단