- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Two-Way Fluid-Structure Interaction and Local Material Properties of Brazed Joints for Estimation of Mechanical Integrity
관형 열교환기의 기계적 건전성 확보를 위한 유체-고체 연성해석과 브레이징 접합부의 국부적 물성분포 분석
- Kang, Seok Hoon (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Park, Sang Hu (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Min, June Kee (PNU & Rolls-Royce University Technology Center, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jeong, Ho Sung (PNU & Rolls-Royce University Technology Center, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Son, Chang Min (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Ha, Man-Young (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Cho, JongRae (Division of Mechanical & Energy Systems Engineering, Korea Maritime Univ.) ;
- Kim, Hyun Jun (R&D Center, DongHwa Entec Co., LTD.)
- 강석훈 (부산대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 박상후 (부산대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 민준기 (부산대-롤스로이스 대학기술센터) ;
- 정호승 (부산대-롤스로이스 대학기술센터) ;
- 손창민 (부산대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 하만영 (부산대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 조종래 (해양대학교 기계에너지시스템공학부) ;
- 김현준 (동화엔텍(주) 기술연구소)
- Received : 2012.03.08
- Accepted : 2012.10.03
- Published : 2013.01.01
Recent years have witnessed a strong need for eco-friendly and energy-efficient systems owing to global environmental problems. A heat exchanger is a well-known mechanical rig that has long been used in many energy systems. The use of a heat exchanger in an airplane engine has been attempted. In this case, the heat exchanger should be redesigned to be compact, lightweight, and highly reliable, and the issue of mechanical integrity gains importance. Therefore, in this study, we proposed a method for evaluating the mechanical integrity of a tube-type heat exchanger. A U-shaped single tube was used as an example, and its behavior and stress distribution were studied using fluid-structure interaction (FSI) analysis.
Local Material Properties;Brazing Joint;Mechanical Integrity;Heat Exchanger
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국에너지기술평가원
- Incropera, F. P. and DeWitt, D. P., 1996, Introduction to Heat Transfer, Third Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Mueller, A. C., 1973, Heat Exchangers, in Handbook of Heat Transfer, McGraw-Hill, New York, Chapter 18.
- Min, J. K., Jeong, J. H., Ha, M. Y. and Kim, K. S., 2009, "High Temperature Heat Exchanger Studies for Applications to Gas Turbines," Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 46, pp. 175-186. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00231-009-0560-3
- Reiter, T., Dvorak, G. J. and Tvergaard, V., 1997, "Micromechanical Models for Graded Composite Materials." J. of the Mechanics and Physics of Solid, Vol.45 , No.8, pp.1281-1302. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-5096(97)00007-0
- Jang, J. H., Yoon, M. W. and Lee, J. H., 1998, "Computation of Equivalent Material Properties of Woven Fabric Composites Using Homogenization Technique," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 22, No.3, pp. 588-594.
- Lee, M. J., 2000, "Stress Analysis of Ceramic Solid Composite with Pore Using Homogenization Technique." Graduate School Master of Engineering Thesis, Hong-ik University.
- Bae, J. D., Cho, J. R. and Ko, W. S., 2005, "Derivation of Equivalent Material Properties of Induction Motor Windings Based on Homogenization Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 29, No.4, pp. 511-638. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2005.29.4.511
- Lee, H. M., Heo, S. C., Song, W. J., Ku, T. W., Kang, B. S. and Kim, J., 2009, "Finite Element Analysis and Validation for Dimpled Tube Type Intercooler Using Homogenization Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 33, No.2, pp. 99-188. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.2.99
- Ransom, J. B. and Knight, N. F., 1989, "Global/Local Stress Analysis of Composite Panels," Computers& Structures, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 375-395.
- Noh, E. K., 2004, Theory of Turbulent Flow, Sigma- Press, Seoul.
- Myung, H. K., 2000, Computational Heat and Fluid Mechanics, Moon-ung-dang, Seoul, pp. 21-23.
- White, F. M., 2002, Viscous Fluid Flow, Mc Grow Hill, New York.
- Lee, H. I. and Lee, J. H., 2008, "Evaluation of Material Characteristics by Micro/Nano Indentation Tests," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 32, No.10, pp. 805-904. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.10.805
- Oliver, W. C. and Pharr, G. M., 2004, "Measurement of Hardness and Elastic Modulus by Instrumented Indentation: Advances in Understanding and Refinements to Methodology," J. of Mater. Res.,Vol. 9(1), pp. 3-20.
- Development of Induction Brazing System for Sealing Instrumentation Feedthrough Part of Nuclear Fuel Test Rig vol.37, pp.12, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.12.1573
- Manufacturing and mechanical evaluation of cooled cooling air (CCA) heat exchanger for aero engine vol.17, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-016-0143-4