- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Lateral Damper of Subway Vehicle for Preventing Abnormal Impact
지하철 전동차 비정상 충격 방지를 위한 횡댐퍼에 관한 연구
- Shin, Yujeong (Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- You, Wonhee (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Joonhyuk (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Hur, Hyunmoo (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Jeon, Juyun (Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit)
- Received : 2012.04.23
- Accepted : 2012.10.04
- Published : 2013.01.01
In a subway vehicle, a lateral damper is used for compensating the lateral stiffness deterioration due to the air-spring as a secondary suspension. This lateral damper can reduce the lateral vibration of the carbody. When the damping force of the lateral damper is lowered, the running stability and ride quality of the subway vehicles worsens and the lateral motion of the carbody is increased. In this study, the lateral displacement variation of the carbody according to the damping force of the lateral damper was analyzed by multi-body dynamics to solve the abnormal impact problem during vehicle operation. Furthermore, the noise and vibration due to abnormal impact were considered. An adequate damping coefficient of the lateral damper for the subway vehicle treated in this paper was suggested for preventing abnormal impact.
Subway Vehicle;Lateral Damper;Abnormal Impact;Damping Coefficient
Grant : 철도차량용 능동현가장치 기술개발
Supported by : 지식경제부
- Park, J. H., Koh, H. I. and Kim, N. P., 2011, "Parametric study of lateral stability for a railway vehicle," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 25, No. 7, pp. 1657-1666. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-011-0421-0
- Shin, Y. J., You, W. H., Park, J. H. and Hur, H. M., 2009, "A Study on the Eigenmode characteristics by Changing Damping Parameters of Secondary Suspension (Damper) on Railway Vehicles," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 26, No.1, pp.1-9.
- Park, J. H., Hur H. M. and You, W. H., "Linear Analysis of the Critical Speed for an Urban Railway Vehicle according to the Change of Suspension Characteristics," Proceedings of the Korean society for railway fall Annual Meetings, 2007
- Garg, V. K., and Dukkipati, R. V., 1984, Dynamics of Rail Vehicle Systems, Academic Press Canada.
- Shabana, A. A., 2000, Railroad Vehicle Dynamics : A computational approach, CRC Press LLC.
- Wickens, A. H., 2003, Fundamentals of Rail Vehicle Dynamics, Swets & Zeitlinger.