- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study of Size Optimization for Skirt Structure of Composite Pressure Vessel
복합재 압력용기의 스커트 치수 최적화 설계 연구
- Kim, Jun Hwan (Graduate School of Mechanical Design Engineering, Hanbat Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Shin, Kwang Bok (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanbat Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Hwang, Tae Kyung (Agency for Defense Development)
- Received : 2012.06.26
- Accepted : 2012.09.19
- Published : 2013.01.01
This study aims to find the optimal skirt dimensions for a composite pressure vessel with a separated dome part. The size optimization for the skirt structure of the composite pressure vessel was conducted using a sub-problem approximation method and batch processing codes programmed using ANSYS Parametric Design Language (APDL). The thickness and length of the skirt part were selected as design variables for the optimum analysis. The objective function and constraints were chosen as the weight and the displacement of the skirt part, respectively. The numerical results showed that the weight of the skirt of a composite pressure vessel with a separated dome part could be reduced by a maximum of 4.38% through size optimization analysis of the skirt structure.
Composite Pressure Vessel;Optimum Design;Size Optimization;Sub-problem Approximation Method;Skirt Structure
Grant : 돔 분리형 필라멘트 와인딩 복합재 압력용기의 체결부 설계 및 파손 매카니즘 연구
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- Park, J. S., Kim, H. K., Kim, C. U., Hwang, T. K., Hong, C. S. and Kim, C. G., 2001, "Behavior Analysis and Strain Measurement of the Filament Wound Composite Tank Part I. Finite Element Analysis of the Filament Wound Tank," The Korean Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences, Vol. 29, No. 7, pp. 49-55.
- Zickel, J., 1962, "Isotensoid Pressure Vessel," ARS Journal, Vol. 32, No. 6, pp. 950-951.
- Doh, Y. D. and Hong, C. S., 1995, "Progressive Failure Analysis for Filament Wound Pressure Vessel," Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 1278-1306. https://doi.org/10.1177/073168449501401203
- Hartung, R. F., 1963, "Planar-wound Filamentary Pressure Vessels," AIAA Journal, Vol. 1, No. 12, pp. 2842-2844. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.2181
- Lee, Y. S., Cho, W. M., Lee, B. E. and Koo, S. H., 1993, "Nonlinear Stress Analysis of Pressure Vessel for Various Dome Shape and Thickness," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 17, No. 10, pp. 2634-2645.
- Choi, Y. G., Shin, K. B. and Kim, W. H., 2010, "A Study on Size Optimization of Rocket Motor Case using the Modified 2D Axisymmetric Finite Element Model," International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 901-907. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-010-0109-x
- Hwang, T. K., Park, J. B., Kim, H. G., Doh, Y. D. and Moon, S. I., 2007, "Dome Shape Design and Performance Evaluation of Composite Pressure Vessel," Journal of Korean Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 31-41.
- Liang, C. C., Chen, H. W. and Wang, C. H., 2002, "Optimum Design of Dome Contour for Filament Wound Composite Pressure Vessels based on a Shape Factor," Composite Structures, Vol. 58, No. 4, pp. 469-482. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-8223(02)00136-8
- Filament Wound Composite Pressure Vessels based on a Shape Factor," Composite Structures, Vol. 58, No. 4, pp. 469-482.
- Yurko, A. A. and Esslinger, J. R., 2005, "Affordable High Performance Composite Case Rocket Motor Manufacturing," 41st AIAA/ASME/ SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference.
- Mard, F., 1993, "Design, Manufacture and Test of the Composite Case for ERINT-1 Solid Rocket Motor," 29th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference.
- Kim, C. U., Park, J. S., Hong, C. S. and Kim, C. G., 2000, "Analysis of Filament Wound Pressure Tank Considering Winding Angle Variation In Thickness Direction," Journal of Korean Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 51-59.
- ANSYS Training Manual 12.0, 2009.
- Numerical Evaluation of Backward Extrusion and Head Nosing for Producing a 6.75L Small Seamless AA6061 Liner vol.22, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2013.22.4.204
- Predictions of the Cooling Performance on an Air-Cooled EV Battery System According to the Air Flow Passage Shape vol.40, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2016.40.12.801