- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of Plastic Lenses for High-Resolution Phone Camera by Injection-Compression Molding
사출압축성형을 적용한 고해상도 폰 카메라용 플라스틱 렌즈 개발
- Lee, Ho Sang (Dept. of Aeronautical & Mechanical Design Engineering, Korea Nat'l Univ. of Transportation) ;
- Jeon, Won Taek (N2A Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Sung Woo (N2A Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2012.07.19
- Accepted : 2012.08.27
- Published : 2013.01.01
This study aims to develop a plastic aspheric lens for a 13-megapixel mobile phone camera by injection-compression molding. A mold for injection-compression molding experiments was fabricated with a movable upper plate and four springs. During cavity filling for an aspheric lens with a thickness ratio of 2, a weldline was formed under conventional injection molding, whereas no weldline was formed under injection-compression molding with a compression stroke of 0.3 mm. The flow patterns were in good agreement with the simulation results. The birefringence decreased as the compression stroke increased, and the birefringence produced by injection-compression molding was very low and more uniform compared with that produced by injection molding. In addition, the bulk birefringence of an assembly composed of four plastic lenses was significantly affected by the orientation of the lenses to be mounted.
Lens;Weldline;Phase Difference;Birefringence;Injection Molding;Injection-Compression Molding;Mold
Supported by : 한국교통대학교, 한국연구재단
- Isayev, A. I., 2000, Molding Processes in Handbook of Industrial Automation, Shell, R. L. and Hall, E. L., Eds., Marcel Dekker, New York, Chapter 6.8, pp. 573-606.
- Klepek, G., 1987, "Manufacturing Optical Lens by Injection Compression Molding," Kunststoffe, Vol. 77, pp. 13.
- Yang, S.Y. and Chen, Y.C., 1998, "Experimental Study of Injection-Charged Compression Molding of Thermoplastic," Advances in Polymer Technology, Vol. 17, pp. 353-360. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2329(199824)17:4<353::AID-ADV6>3.0.CO;2-Q
- Michaeli, W. and Wielpuetz, M., 2000, "Optimization of the optical quality of polymer glasses in the injection compression molding prcess," Macromol. Mater. Eng., Vol. 284/285, pp. 8-13. https://doi.org/10.1002/1439-2054(20001201)284:1<8::AID-MAME8>3.3.CO;2-T
- Michaeli, W., Hesner, S., Klaiber, F. and Forster, J., 2007, "Geometrical Accuracy and Optical Performance of Injection Moulded and Injection-Compression Moulded Plastic Parts," Annals of CIRP, Vol. 56, pp. 545-548. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2007.05.130
- Wu, C.-H. and Chen, W.-S., 2006, "Injection molding and injection compression molding of three-beam grating of DVD pickup lens," Sensors and Actuators A, Vol. 125, pp. 367-375. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2005.07.025
- Isayev, A.I. and Azari, A.D., 1986, "Viscoelastic Effect in Compression Molding of Elastomers: Shear- Free Squeezing Flow," Rubber Chemistry and Technology, Vol. 59, pp. 868-882.
- Lee, Y. B., Kwon, T. H. and Yoon, K., 2002, "Numerical Prediction of Residual Stresses and Birefringence in Injection/Compression Molded Center-Gated Disk: Part 1. Basic Modeling and Results for Injection," Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 42, pp. 2246-2272. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.11114
- Lee, Y. B., Kwon, T. H. and Yoon, K., 2002, "Numerical Prediction of Residual Stresses and Birefringence in Injection/Compression Molded Center-Gated Disk: Part 2. Effects of Processing Conditions," Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 42, pp. 2273-2292. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.11115
- Chen, S.C., Chen, Y.C. and Cheng, N.T., 1998, "Simulation of Injection-Compression Mold-Filling Process," Int. Comm. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 25, pp. 907-917. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0735-1933(98)00082-7
- Chen, S.C., Chen, Y.C. and Peng, H.S., 2000, "Simulation of Injection-Compression-Molding Process. 2.,Influence of Process Characteristics in Part Shrinkage," Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 75, pp. 1640-1654. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4628(20000328)75:13<1640::AID-APP10>3.0.CO;2-L
- Chen, S.C., Chen, Y.C. and Peng, H.S., 2002, "Simulation of Injection-Compression-Molding Process, Part 3: Effect of Process Conditions on Part Birefringence," Advance in Polymer Technology," Vol. 21, pp. 177-187. https://doi.org/10.1002/adv.10024
- Fan, B. and Kazmer, D. O., 2003, "Simulation of Injection-Compression Molding for Optical Media," Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 43, pp. 596- 606. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.10048
- Lee, H.-S. and Isayev, A. I., 2007, "Numerical Simulation of Flow-Induced Birefringence: Comparison of Injection and Injection/Compression Molding," International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 8, No.1, pp. 66-72.
- Ho, J.-Y., Park, J. M., Kang, T. G. and Park, S. J., 2012, "Three-Dimensional Numerical Analysis of Injection-Compression Molding Process," Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 52, pp.902-911.
- Siebourg, W., Schmid, H., Rateike, F. M. anders, S. and Lower, H., 1990, "Birefringence-An Inportant Property of Plastic Substrates for Magneto-Optical Storage Disks," Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 30, pp.1133-1139. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760301804
- Kim, J. and Yoon, K., 2005, "A Study on the Birefringence Measurement in Injection Molded Parts Using R-G-B Separation of White Light," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp.828-834.
- Automatic Combination & Assembly System for Phone Camera Lens Module vol.38, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.2.219
- Film Insert Molding of Automotive Door Grip Using Injection-Compression Molding vol.38, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.7.771
- Microfluidic-Based Single-Cell Study: Current Status and Future Perspective vol.23, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules23092347