- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Crack Growth Analysis due to PWSCC in Dissimilar Metal Butt Weld for Reactor Piping Considering Hydrostatic and Normal Operating Conditions
수압시험 및 정상운전 하중을 고려한 원자로 배관 이종금속 맞대기 용접부 응력부식균열 성장 해석
- Lee, Hwee-Sueng (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Huh, Nam-Su (Dept. of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Seung-Gun (KEPCO Engineering & Construction Company) ;
- Park, Heung-Bae (KEPCO Engineering & Construction Company) ;
- Lee, Sung-Ho (KHNP Central Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.08.02
- Accepted : 2012.09.03
- Published : 2013.01.01
This study investigates the crack growth behavior due to primary water stress corrosion cracking (PWSCC) in the dissimilar metal butt weld of a reactor piping using Alloy 82/182. First, detailed finite element stress analyses were performed to predict the stress distribution of the dissimilar metal butt weld in which the hydrostatic and the normal operating loads as well as the weld residual stresses were considered to evaluate the stress redistribution due to mechanical loadings. Based on the stress distributions along the wall thickness of the dissimilar metal butt weld, the crack growth behavior of the postulated axial and circumferential cracks were predicted, from which the crack growth diagram due to PWSCC was proposed. The present results can be applied to predict the crack growth rate in the dissimilar metal butt weld of reactor piping due to PWSCC.
Dissimilar Metal Butt Weld;Hydrostatic Testing;Normal Operating Condition;Welding Residual Stress;Primary Water Stress Corrosion Cracking
Supported by : 한국수력원자력(주) 중앙연구원
- EPRI, Materials Reliability Program, 2004, "Welding Residual and Operating Stresses in PWR Alloy 182 Butt Welds (MRP-106)," EPRI report.
- ASME, 2006, "Alternative Rules for Repair of Classes 1, 2, and 3 Austenitic Steel Piping, Section XI, Division 1," ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Sec. XI, Code Case N-504-4, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- ASME, 2008, "Full Structural Dissimilar Metal Weld Overlay for Repair or Mitigation of Class 1, 2, and 3 Items, Section XI, Division 1," ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Sec. XI, Code Case N-740-2, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Huang, C.-C. and Liu, R.-F., 2012, "Structural Integrity Analyses for Preemptive Weld Overlay on the Dissimilar Metal Weld of a Pressurizer Nozzle," International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol. 90-91, pp. 77-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpvp.2011.10.011
- Lee, S.G., Oh, C.K., Park, H.B. and Jin, T.E., 2010,"Analysis of Overlay Weld Effect on Preventing PWSCC in Dissimilar Metal Weld," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 34, pp. 97-101. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.1.97
- ASME, 2011, "Rules for Inservice Inspection of Nuclear Power Plant Components," ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Sec. XI, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Kim, J.S., Kim, J.H., Bae, H.Y., Oh, C.Y., Kim, Y.J., Lee, K.S. and Song, T.K., 2012, "Welding Residual Stress Distributions for Dissimilar Metal Nozzle Butt Welds in Pressurized Water Reactors," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, pp. 137-148.
- Song, T.K., Chun, Y.B., Oh, C.Y., Bae, H.Y., Kim, Y.J., Lee, S.H., Lee, K.S. and Park, C.Y., 2009, "Effects of Similar Metal Weld on Residual Stress in Dissimilar Metal Weld According to Safe End Length," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 33, pp. 664-672. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.7.664
- Song, T.K., Bae, H.Y., Chun, Y.B., Oh, C.Y., Kim, Y.J., Lee, K.S. and Park, C.Y., 2008, "Effect of Preemptive Weld Overlay on Residual Stress Mitigation for Dissimilar Metal Weld of Nuclear Power Plant Pressurizer," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 32, pp. 873-881. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.10.873
- "ABAQUS/Standard User's Manual," ABAQUS Version 6.11-1, Simulia Corp.
- Soh, N.H., Oh, G.J., Huh, N.S., Lee, S.H., Park, H.B., Lee, S.G., Kim, J.S. and Kim, Y.J., 2012, "Effects of Finite Element Analysis Parameters on Weld Residual Stress of Dissimilar Metal Weld in Nuclear Reactor Piping Nozzles," Trans. of the KPVP, Vol. 8, pp. 8-18.
- Song, T.K., Bae, H.Y., Chun, Y.B., Oh, C.Y., Kim, Y.J., Lee, K.S. and Park, C.Y., 2008, "Estimation of Residual Stress Distribution for Pressurizer Nozzle of Kori Nuclear Power Plant Considering Safe End," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 32, pp. 668-677. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.8.668
- Stress Distribution in the Dissimilar Metal Butt Weld of Nuclear Reactor Piping due to the Simulation Technique for the Repair Welding vol.37, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.5.649
- Stress Distributions at the Dissimilar Metal Weld of Safety Injection Nozzles According to Safe-end Length and SMW Thickness vol.39, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.10.979