- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Kinematic Analysis of Levering Systems in Compound Bows
컴파운더 보우 지레 시스템의 기구학적 해석
- Lee, Yong-Sung (Graduate School of NID Fusion Technology, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Kim, Hong Seok (Dept. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Cheong, Seong-Kyun (Dept. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology) ;
- Choi, Ung-Jae (Win & Win Archery) ;
- Kim, Young-Keun (Win & Win Archery) ;
- Park, Kyung-Rea (Win & Win Archery) ;
- Shin, Ki-Hoon (Dept. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Science and Technology)
- 이용성 (서울과학기술대학교 NID 융합기술전문대학원) ;
- 김홍석 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과) ;
- 정성균 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과) ;
- 최웅재 ((주) 윈앤윈) ;
- 김영근 ((주) 윈앤윈) ;
- 박경래 ((주) 윈앤윈) ;
- 신기훈 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과)
- Received : 2012.06.18
- Accepted : 2012.10.10
- Published : 2013.01.01
Compound bows use levering systems consisting of cables and cam pulleys to bend limbs that are much stiffer than those of recurve bows, thus storing more energy while requiring less force for the archer to hold the bow at a fully drawn position. Many patents have thus far been proposed to improve the efficiency and performance of compound bows through empirical methods, whereas only a few analytical methods have been proposed. In this light, this paper presents a method for the kinematic analysis of levering systems in compound bows so that a designer can easily predict the effects of changes in the cam profiles and limb materials.
Compound Bow;Levering System;Kinematic Analysis;Cam Pulley
Grant : 올림픽 정식종목 채택을 대비한 국산 경기용 컴파운더 보우 개발
Supported by : 국민체육진흥공단
- Nieminen, T. A., 2010, "The Asian War Bow," Barbiero, E., Hannaford, P. and Moss, M. (eds), 19th Australian Institute of Physics Congress, ACOFTAOS
- Kooi, B. W., 1991, "Archery and Mathematical Modelling," Journal of the Society of Archer- Antiquaries, Vol. 34, pp. 21-29.
- French, R. M., Curtis, B. A. and Parm, V., 2006, "Mechanics of a Simple Bow," 2006 IMAX-XXIV Conference & Exposition on Structural Dynamics.
- Denny, M., 2003, "Bow and Catapult Internal Dynamics," European Journal of Physics, Vol. 24, pp. 367-378 . https://doi.org/10.1088/0143-0807/24/4/355
- Kooi, B. W., 1996, "Functioning of Ears and Set- Back at Grip of Asiatic Bows," Journal of the Society of Archer-Antiquaries , Vol. 39, pp. 73-77.
- Allen, H. W., 1968, "Achery Bow with Draw Force Multiplying Attachments," US Patent No. 3486495.
- Meyer, C. G. and Baker, J. R., 2004, "An Experiment Study on the Influence of Compound Bow Draw Cycle Characteristics on Vibration Response," 2004 IMAC-XXII Conference & Exposition on Structural Dynamics.
- Handerson, A. J., 2009, "Kinematic Analysis of Cam Profiles Used in Compound Bow," M.S. Thesis, University of Missouri, U.S.A.
- Korea Archery Association, www.archery.or.kr
- Darlington, R. F., 2000, "Single-Cam Compound Archery Bow," US Patent No. 6082347.
- Blahnik, R. C., 2006, "Compound Bow with Adjustable Let-off," US Patent No. 7059315 B2.
- Song, C. Y. and Lee, J., 2010, "Comparative Study of Approximate Optimization Techniques in CAEBased Structural Design," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 34, No. 11, pp. 1603-1611. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.11.1603
- Shin, K. H., 2011, "A Method for Planar Development of Free-Form Surfaces Made of Anisotropic Materials," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 25, No. 11, pp. 2817-2825. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-011-0726-z