- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study of Local Performance Index of 2-DOF Parallel Manipulator
2 자유도 병렬형 매니퓰레이터의 지역 성능지수에 관한 연구
- Lee, Jong Gyu (Institute of Mechanical Engineering Technology, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Yang, Seung Han (School of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Sang Ryong (School of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Choon Young (School of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2012.06.25
- Accepted : 2012.10.23
- Published : 2013.01.01
This study investigates a parallel manipulator that can move over two parallel sliders and in which the end-effector of the manipulator can be adjusted arbitrarily. Through the direct and inverse kinematics of the manipulator, position equations are derived. These equations represent the relationship between the positions of the sliders and the position of the end-effector. The Jacobian matrices of the direct and inverse kinematics are obtained by these equations. By using the condition number defined from these matrices, the local performance index of the manipulator is proposed. By using the simulation results of the performance index, we find that the manipulator can smoothen movements in only one quadrant and that the distribution of the maximal performance index is affected by the ratio of the length of links and the orientation of the end-effector.
Parallel Manipulator;Kinematic Analysis;Jacobian Matrix;Condition Number;Performance Index
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Nam, Y. J., Lee, Y. H. and Park, M. K., 2005, "Kinematic Analysis and Optimal Design of 2RPR-RP Parallel Manipulator," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 29, No. 11, pp. 1509-1517. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2005.29.11.1509
- Jun, W., Tiemin, L., Xinjun, L. and Liping, W., 2007, "Optimal Kinematic Design of a 2-DOF Planar Parallel Manipulator," Tsinghua Science and Technology, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 269-275. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1007-0214(07)70040-8
- Shen, H., Xue, C., Ding, L., Deng, J., Liu, S., Li, J. and Jiang, Y., 2010, "Kinematics for a 2-DOF Parallel Manipulator," IEEE 11th International Conference on CAIDCD, Vol. 2, pp. 1351-1356.
- Merlet, J. P., 2000, Parallel Robots, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Salisbury, J. K. and Craig, J. J., 1982, "Articulated Hands: Force Control and Kinematic Issues," International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 4-17. https://doi.org/10.1177/027836498200100102