- Volume 8 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Regenerative Current Control Method of Bidirectional DC/DC Converter for EV/HEV Application
Lee, Jung-Hyo;Jung, Doo-Yong;Lee, Taek-Kie;Kim, Young-Ryul;Won, Chung-Yuen
- Received : 2012.02.07
- Accepted : 2012.06.13
- Published : 2013.01.02
The control method of the bidirectional DC/DC converter for instantaneous regenerative current control is described in this paper. The general method to control the DC/DC converter is the output voltage control. However, the regenerative current cannot be controlled to be constant with this control method. To improve the performance of the conventional control method, the DC-link voltage of the inverter is controlled within the tolerance range by the instantaneous boost and buck operations of the bidirectional DC/DC converter. By the proposed control method, the battery current can be controlled to be constant regardless of the motor speed variation. The improved performance of the DC/DC converter controlled by the proposed control method is verified by the experiment and simulation of the system with the inverter and IPMSM(Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor) which is operated by the reduced practical speed profile.
Bidirectional DC/DC converter;EV/HEV application;Regenerative current control
- Jih-Sheng Lai, Douglas J. Nelson, "Energy Management Power Converters in Hybrid Electric and Fuel Cell Vehicles", Proc. IEEE, Vol. 95, No. 4, pp. 766-777, Apr., 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2006.890122
- Ali Emadi, YougnJoo Lee and KaushikRajashekara, "Power Electronics and Motor Drives in Electric, Hybrid Electric, and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 55, No. 6, pp. 2237- 2245, June, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.922768
- F. Caricchi, F. Crescimbini, and A. Di Napoli, "20 kW water-cooled prototype of abuck-boost bidirectional dcdc converter topology for electrical vehicle motor drives", in Proc. APEC, pp. 887-892, Mar. 1995.
- F. Caricchi, F. Crescimbini, F. Giulii-Capponi and L. Solero, "Study of bidirectional buck-boost converter topologies for application in electrical vehicle motor drives", IEEE-APEC, pp. 287-293, Feb. 1998.
- Sungsik Park, SewanChoi, "Soft-Switched CCM Boost Converters With High Voltage Gain for High-Power Applications" IEEE Trans. Pow. Elec. Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 1211-1217, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2040090
- Huang-Jen Chiu, Li-Wei Lin, "A bidirectional DCDC converter for fuel cell electric vehicle driving system" IEEE Trans. Pow. Elec. Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 950-958, 2010.
- C. Liu, A. Johnson, and J.-S. Lai, "A novel threephase high-power soft-switcheddc-dc converter for low-voltage fuel cell applications", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 41, No. 6, pp. 1691-1697, Dec. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.858259
- Amjadi, Z., Williamson, S.S., "Power-Electronics- Based Solutions for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Energy Storage and Management Systems", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. Vol. 57, No. 2, pp. 608-616, 2010.
- Junhong Zhang, Jih-Sheng Lai and Wensong Yu, "Bidirectional DC-DC Converter Modeling and Unified Controller with Digital Implementation", IEEE-APEC, Conf. Rec., pp. 1747-1756, Feb. 2008.
- Ji-Myoung Lee, Jae-Yong Lee, Rae-Kwan Park, Seo- Geon Chang and Kyung-Soo Choi, "Power conversion Unit for Hybrid Electric Vehicles", The Transactions of the KoreanInstitute of Power Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 420 - 429, Dec., 2008.
- Silvestre, J., "Half-bridge bidirectional DC-DC Converter for small Electric Vehicle", IEEESPEEDAM, Conf. Rec., pp. 616-621, Jun. 2008.
- Garcia, P., Fernandez, L.M., Garcia, C.A.,Jurado, F., "Energy Management System of Fuel-Cell-Battery Hybrid Tramway" IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 12, pp. 4013-4023, Sep., 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2034173
- Liang Chu, Feikun Zhou, JianhuaGuo, MingliShang, "Investigation of Determining of Regenerative Braking Torque Based on Associated Efficiency Optimization of Electric Motor and Power Battery Using GA", IEEE-EMEIT, Conf. Rec., pp. 3238-3241, Feb., 2011.
- Ying Qiu, Liu, H., Xiyou Chen, "Digital Average Current-Mode Control of PWM DC-DC Converters Without Current Sensors", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 5, pp. 1670-1677, Sep., 2010.
- Bimal K. Bose, "Modern Power Electronics and AC Drives", Prentice Hall PTR, 2001.
- Bilewski, M., Fratta, A., Giordano, L., Vagati, A., Villata, F., "Control of high-performance interior permanent magnet synchronous drives", IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 328-337, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.216540
- Cope,R.C, Podrazhansky,Y., "The art of battery charging", IEEE-BCAA, Conf. Rec., pp. 233-235, 1999.
- J. J. Chen, F. C. Yang, C. C. Lai, Y. S. Hwang, and R. G. Lee, "A highefficiency multimode Li-Ion batterycharger with variable current source and controllingprevious-stage supply voltage", IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 56, No. 7, pp. 2469-2478, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2018435
- Chul-Hwi Park, "A Study on the dynamic characteristics and simulation for hybrid vehicles", M.S thesis of School of Mechanical engineering, Chungang Univ., 2005.
- Parameter Design and Power Flow Control of Energy Recovery Power Accumulator Battery Pack Testing System vol.8, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.4.787
- State-of-Charge Balancing Control of a Battery Power Module for a Modularized Battery for Electric Vehicle vol.11, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2016.11.3.629
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)