- Volume 8 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Comparison of the Railway Traction IPM Motors between Concentrated Winding and Distributed Winding
Park, Chan-Bae;Lee, Byung-Song;Lee, Hyung-Woo
- Received : 2012.02.22
- Accepted : 2012.07.11
- Published : 2013.01.02
This paper presents performance comparison between concentrated winding and distributed winding of IPMSM (Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors) which is recently used for light-weight railway applications. Motors are designed on various schemes and analyzed by using FEM (Finite Element Method) instead of EMCNM (Equivalent Magnetic Circuit Network Method) in order to take into account saturation and non-linear magnetic property. The overall performance such as torque, torque ripple, losses, demagnetization, efficiency, power density and so on are investigated in detail at the rated and maximum operating speed. The results of the analysis found that both concentrated and distributed winding IPMSMs are promising candidates for high power railway traction motor.
Concentrated winding;Distributed winding;IPMSM;Power density;Performance
- Nobuyuki Matsui and et al., Design and Control of IPMSM, Ohmsha Ltd., Japan, 1950.
- Katsumi Yamazaki, Yu Fukushima and Makoto Sato, "Loss Analysis of Permanent-Magnet Motors With Concentrated Windings—Variation of Magnet Eddy- Current Loss Due to Stator and Rotor Shapes," IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 45, pp. 1334- 1342, July/August 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2009.2023393
- F. Gillon and P. Brochet, "Shape optimization of a permanent magnet motor using the Experimental design method," IEEE Trans. On Magnetics, Vol.35, pp. 1278-1281, May 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.767184
- KEPCO report, "High efficiency magnetic materials and their applications," Taejon, Korea, 2011.
- Air-Barrier Width Prediction of Interior Permanent Magnet Motor for Electric Vehicle Considering Fatigue Failure by Centrifugal Force vol.10, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.3.952
- A Study on the Individual Control Method Comparing the Lateral Displacement Control of Front Wheel and Rear Wheel of IRWs System vol.28, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2018.2796547
- A Study on the Control Method of Lateral Displacement and Yaw Angle in Curved Driving of IRWs System vol.28, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2018.2808947