- Volume 8 Issue 1
This work deals with the optimal design of a coreless PMLSM (Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Motor) with consideration of rising winding temperature. The temperature distribution caused by copper loss in the coreless PMLSM was analyzed using a FEM (Finite Element Method). The thrust and current density where the winding temperature reaches the allowable temperature were calculated. The optimal model provides maximum thrust per unit weight.
PMLSM;Thermal transfer;Thrust;Winding temperature
- Z. Deng, I. Boldea, and S. A. Nasar, "Field in Permanent Magnet Linear synchronous Machines", IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 107- 112, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.1986.1064280
- I. Boldea, A.A Nasar, "Linear Electric Actuators and Generators", Cambridge University Press, 1997.
- M. Sanada, S. Morimoto, Y. Takeda, "Interior Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Motor for High Performance Drives", IEEE Trans. on Industry Application, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 966-972, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.605738
- K. Yoshida, J. Lee, Y. J. Kim, "3-D FEM Field Analysis in Controlled PMLSM for Maglev Vehicle", IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 2207- 2210, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.582771
- P. Mellor, D. Roberts, D. Turner "Lumped parameter thermal model for electrical machines of TEFC design", Proc. Inst. Elect.
- David L. Trumper, Won-jong Kim and Mark E. Williams, "Design and Analysis Framework for Linear Permanent-Magnet Machines", IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 216-223, 1994.
- S. R. Aid, W. N. L. Mahadi, K.M. Nor, "Thermal Analysis of a Tubular Permanent Magnet Linear Generator using Multiphysics Solver", Proc. of TENCON Conference Region 10, pp. 1-6, 2005.
- Boglietti. A, Cavagnino. A, Staton. D, Shanel. M, Mueller. M, Mejuto.C "Evolution and Modern Approaches for Thermal Analysis of Electrical Machines", IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 56, No. 3, pp. 871-882, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2011622
- Frank P. Incropera, David P. DeWitt "INTRODUCTION TO HEAT TRANSFER -Third Edition-", School of Mechanical Engineering Purdue University, 1996.
- P. Mellor, D. Roberts, D. Turner "Lumped parameter thermal model for electrical machines of TEFC design", IEEE Proceedings-B, Vol. 138, No. 5, pp. 205-218, 1991.
Supported by : NRF