- Volume 8 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Capacity Modeling of Bluetooth Access Points for Location Based Service with Mobile Phone and Bluetooth
Kim, In-Hwan;Shin, Soo Young;Song, Young-Ho;Chung, Ki-Dong;Jeong, Gu-Min
- Received : 2011.08.09
- Accepted : 2012.10.24
- Published : 2013.01.02
In this paper, we propose a capacity modeling method for Bluetooth based LBSs (Location Based Services) between Bluetooth APs(Access Points) and mobile phones. In order to do this, we consider the entrance and exit of the users to and from the AP. Using parameters such as the connection time, data transmission time and number of users in the AP zone, we analyze the capacity of a Bluetooth AP using an appropriate queuing model. The required number of APs in a certain zone is estimated from the number of users in the zone using the proposed queuing model. By performing simulations and experiments, the validity and applicability of the proposed method are verified.
LBS;Bluetooth;Access point;Capacity;Queuing model
- Axel Kubber, Location Based Services, Wiley and Sons, 2005.
- Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols, "Will Mobile Computing's Future Be Location, Location, Location?," IEEE Computer, Vol. 42, pp. 14-17, Feb. 2009.
- Paolo Bellavista, Axel Kupper and Sumi Helal, "Location Based Services : Back to the Future," IEEE Pervasice Computing 2008, Vol. 7, pp. 85-89, Apr. 2008.
- Gu-Min Jeong, Wan-Sik Choi, Gyu Young Han, Dong-Kwon Suh and Jong-Yun Yeo, "Paradigm Shift and the State of the Art of LBS with the Advent of Smartphone," Communications in Computer and Information Science, Vol. 223, pp. 251-258, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-23948-9_28
- Shau-Shiun Jan, Li-Ta Hsu and Wen-Ming Tsai, "Development of an Indoor Location Based Service Test Bed and Geographic Information System with a Wireless Sensor Network," Sensors, Vol. 10, pp. 2957-2974, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.3390/s100402957
- Ling Pei, Ruizhi Chen, Jingbin Liu, Tomi Tenhunen, Heidi Kuusniemi and Yuwei Chen, "Inquiry-based Bluetooth Indoor Positioning via RSSI Probability Distributions," Second International Conference on Advances in Satellite and Space Communications, pp. 151-156, Jun. 2010.
- Frank Vanheel, Jo Verhaevert, Eric Laermans, Ingrid Moerman, and Piet Demeester, "Automated Linear Regression Tools Improve RSSI WSN Localization in Multipath Indoor Environment," EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking 2011, Vol.38, pp. 1-17, July 2011.
- In-Hwan Kim, Hoo-Jong Kim, Jong-Tae Ihm, Gu- Min Jeong and Ki-Dong Chung "WPAN Platform Architecture and Application Design for Handset," ICCE 2008, pp.1-2, Jan. 2008.
- Bluetooth SIG Specification of the Bluetooth System. Volume 1, Core, Version 2.1, 2007
- Sanjay K. Bose, An Introduction to Queueing Systems. Springer, 2001.