- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
RealBook: A Tangible Electronic Book Based on the Interface of TouchFace-V
RealBook: TouchFace-V 인터페이스 기반 실감형 전자책
- Received : 2013.09.11
- Accepted : 2013.12.11
- Published : 2013.12.28
In this paper, we proposed a tangible RealBook based on the interface of TouchFace-V which is able to recognize multi-touch and hand gesture. The TouchFace-V is applied projection technology on a flat surface such as table, without constraint of space. The system's configuration is addressed installation, calibration, and portability issues that are most existing front-projected vision-based tabletop display. It can provide hand touch and gesture applying computer vision by adopting tracking technology without sensor and traditional input device. The RealBook deals with the combination of each advantage of analog sensibility on texts and multimedia effects of e-book. Also, it provides digitally created stories that would differ in experiences and environments with interacting users' choices on the interface of the book. We proposed e-book that is new concept of electronic book; named RealBook, different from existing and TouchFace-V interface, which can provide more direct viewing, natural and intuitive interactions with hand touch and gesture.
Tabletop Display;Gesture Recognition;Finger Tracking;Electronic Book;RealBooK
Supported by : 미래창조과학부
- Andrew D. Wilson, "PlayAnywhere: a compact interactive tabletop projection-vision system," Proc. of the 18th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, pp.83-92, 2005.
- Paul Dietz and Darren Leigh, "DiamondTouch: a multi-user touch technology," Proc. of the 14th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, pp.219-226, 2001.
- J. Rekimoto, "SmartSkin: an infrastructure for freehand manipulation on interactive surfaces," Proc. of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems: Changing our world, changing ourselves, pp.113-120, 2002.
- H. Bay, T. Tinne, and Luc Van Gool, "Surf: Speeded up robust features," Computer Vision- ECCV2006, pp.404-417, 2006.
- D. G. Lowe, "Object recognition from local scale-invariant features," Computer Vision, 1999 Proc of the Seventh IEEE International Conference on, Vol.2, pp.1150-1157, 1999.
- Selim G. Akl and Godfried T. Toussaint, "A fast convex hull algorithm," Information Processing Letters, Vol.7, No.5, pp.219-222, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-0190(78)90003-0
- 송대현, 박재완, 이칠우, "테이블탑 디스플레이 기반 사용자 중심의 실감형 상호작용 전자책", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제6호, pp.117-125, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.6.117
- 유재상, 조규성, 양현승, "증강 책을 위한 적응형키프레임 기반 트래킹", 정보과학회논문지, 제16권, 제4호, pp.502-506, 2010.
- 김준우, 맹준희, 주지영, 임광혁, "멀티터치 스크린과 실감형 인터페이스를 적용한 과학 실험 학습 시스템", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제8 호, pp.461-471, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.8.461
- P. Wellner, "The DigitalDesk calculator: tangible manipulation on a desk top display," Proc. of the 4th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, pp.27-33, 1991.
- Fitzmaurice, W. George, Hiroshi Ishii, and William AS Buxton, "Bricks: laying the foundations for graspable user interfaces," Proc. of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems, pp.442-449, 1995.