- Volume 13 Issue 12
Touchscreen is now installed in the majority of information devices thanks to the developed digital technology. In case of copiers, although touchscreen was installed earlier than any other information device, current user interface indicates that conventional methods have been maintained without any special re-validation. But, since common office devices such as copiers have brief usage time and clear, straightforward purposes, user experience between an user and device is perhaps an important element. Nevertheless, conservativeness of the market and the fact that users and buyers are not always the same are a stumbling block to actively changing UI. Recently, however, as hardware element, buttons, have moved to touchscreen mostly for smartphone, and common and public devices have seen rapid changes in UX, mostly with touchscreen, it has led to high demand for changes in UX of copiers. To remedy the issues with copiers, a literature review was conducted through existing studies and user evaluation based on user survey and prototype was done to examine the copier's UI elements and relevant changes in usage. In particular, a new direction for UX of copiers was suggested by analyzing the impact of differences between software button-oriented UI and hardware button-oriented UI on users and usability. This study findings could be used as basic data for improving the usability of future common devices including copier and UX design.
User Experience;Copier;Touch Screen;HW Button;SW Button
- Y. S. Park, S. H. Han, J. Park, and Y. Cho, "Touch Key Design for target selection on a nobile phone," Proceedings of the 10th international conference on Human computer interaction with mobile devices and services, pp.243-246, 2008.
- J. Gould, S. Greene, A. Meluson, and M. Rasamny, "Using a touchscreen for simple task," Interaction with computer, Vol.2, No.1, pp.59-54, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0953-5438(90)90014-9
- 일본인간공학회 스크린 디자인 연구회, Graphic user ingerface GUI 디자인 가이드, 안그라픽스, p.56, 2003.
- 최리진, 박주현, 류한영, "전면 터치 방식 휴대폰의 사용성에 대한 연구", 디지털디자인학연구, Vol.9, No.4, p.291, 2009.
- International Standard, Ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display terminals(VDTs), Part11; Guidance on usability, ISO 9241-11, p.10, 1998.
- 한성호, "제품 디자인의 감성 만족도 평가 및 예측 모델 개발", 대한인간공학회지, 제20권, 제1호, pp.87-113, 1998.
- J. S. Greenstein, "Pointing Device," Human Computer Interaction,Handbook of human-computer interaction, pp.1327-1358, 1997.
- Department of Defense, MIL-STD-1472D: Iluman engineering design criteria for milliary systems, equipment, and facilities, Washington D.C Author, 1989.
- N. Charness, P. Holley, J. Feddon, and T. Jastrzembski, "Light pen use and practice minimize age and hand performance differences in pointing task," Human Factors, Vol.46, pp.373-384, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1518/hfes.46.3.373.50396
- Wendy A. Rogers, Arthur D. Fisk, Anne Collins McLaughlin, and Richard Pak, "Touch a Screen or Turn a Knob: Choosing the Best Device for the Job," Human Factors, Vol.47, No.2 pp.271-288, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1518/0018720054679452
- 일본IBM(주), 야마자키 가즈코, 마츠다 미나코, 요시타케 요지, 사용자 중심 디자인, 세종출판사, pp.162-163, 2005.
- K. Kasper Hornbæk, "Current Practice in Measuring Usability: Challenges to Usability Studies and Research," International Journal of Human Computer Studies, pp.79-102, 2006.
- 정성재, 김봉건, 하광수, 정혜헌, 임봉욱, "프린터 복합기의 사용자 심성모형 검증을 위한 사용성평가", 감성과학, 제13권, 제1호, p.291, 2010.
- 김진우, Human Computer Interface 개론; 사람과 컴퓨터의 어울림, 안그라픽스, p.199, 2005.
- I. Scott MacKenzie and William Buxton, "Extending Fitts' law to two-dimensional tasks," CHI '92 Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, p.219, 1992.
- The Reminding Words Evaluation Method for Icon Design vol.14, pp.10, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.10.064