- Volume 13 Issue 12
Film sound should be analyzed based upon the profound understanding of sound design process and the principle behind it. Lack of this knowledge prevents the research from having the comprehensiveness and concreteness. This study aims to reaffirm the important role of sound design in filmmaking while also investigating the narrative functions of sound design. The role of sound design as a cinematic technique was defined as creating audio-visual experience with a collection of information, emotion, and ideas organized and presented in the sound narrative of films. Each process of sound design, dialog, ambience, Foley, and sound effects, was proved to be performing this role as a result of a case study of various narrative films. The narrative functions of sound design was able to be defined as well.
- R. Jordan, "Sound in the Cinema and Beyond," Special issue of Offscreen, Vol.11, No.8, 2007.
- J. Beck and T. Grajeda, Lowering the Boom, University of Illinois Press, p.2, 2008.
- 허철, 김정선, "실종된 다큐멘터리 사운드 미학", 언론과 사회, 제18권, 제2호, p.82, 2010.
- R. Altman, Sound theory and sound practice, Columbia University Press, pp.44-45, 1992.
- M. Chion, Audio-Vision: Sound on screen, Ed. and Trans, C. Gorbman, Columbia University Press, pp.98-109, pp.117-113, 1994.
- 이동환, "영화 사운드디자인의 내러티브 요소 연구", 디지털디자인학연구, 제13권, 제4호, pp.477-486, 2013.
- R. Arnheim, 김방옥(역), 예술로서의 영화, 기린원, 1990.
- Y. Lotman, 박현섭(역), 영화기호학, 민음사, 1976.
- R. Arnheim, 김방옥(역), 예술로서의 영화, 기린원, pp.13-41, 1990.
- R. Arnheim, 김방옥(역), 예술로서의 영화, 기린원, p.136. 1990.
- R. Arnheim, 김방옥(역), 예술로서의 영화, 기린원, p.145. 1990.
- M. Chion, Audio-Vision: Sound on screen, Ed. and Trans, C. Gorbman, Columbia University Press, pp.10-20. 1994.
- W. Murch, "Sound Design; The Dancing Shadow," Projections, Vol.4, pp.237-251, 1995.
- M. Chion, Audio-Vision: Sound on screen, Ed. and Trans, C. Gorbman, Columbia University Press, pp.9-19. 1994.
- B. Jackson, "Fights, Footsteps and Thrills," Mix Online, 2007