- Volume 27 Issue 6
In this study, numerical simulations and performance evaluation has been carried out to investigate performance characteristics of air-type high pressure piston pump. ANSYS and CFX were applied for analyzing the structure and flow behavior of air-type high pressure piston pump, respectively. The performance evaluation of high pressure piston pump was performed experimentally, the results were compared with simulation. It was found that the freezing phenomenon was improved by 20% and the pressure fluctuation decreased by 50%, compared with the previous pump.
Ship painting;High pressure pump;Computation fluid dynamics;Freezing phenomenon;Pressure fluctuation
- Song, J.H., 2002. Effects of Moisture Contents on Removal Efficiencies of Biofiltration Processes Treating VOCs Found in Paint Spray Booth Emissions. Proceedings of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 3333-3336.
- Lee, C., Cha, S.W., Lee, T.K., Kim, K.Y., 2004. Treatment of the VOC in the Exhaust Gas from Painting Process by Using Activated Carbon and Photocatalytic Hybrid System. Proceedings of the Korea Society for Energy Engineering, 3-9.
- Kim, J.C., 2006. Trend and Control Technologies of Volatile Organic Compound. Korea Society for Atmospheric Environment, Journal of KOSAE, 22(6), 743-757.
- Yu, M.S., Hwang, S.I., Yang, S.B., 2008. Analysis of VOC and Oder Abatement Effect by Application of Microbes to Painting Process in Automotive Industry. Korean Journal of Oder Research and Engineering, 7(2), 105-113.
- Kim, D.K., Kim, B.W., Shin, S.B., 2011a. Development of Atomization Spraying System for Solvent-free Paint(I)- Flow Analysis of Hydraulic Actuator. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 10(2), 61-66.
- Kim, D.K., Kim, B.W., Shin, S.B., 2011b. Development of Atomization Spraying System for Solvent-free Paint(II)- Structure Analysis of Hydraulic Actuator. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 10(2), 67-72.