- Volume 42 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activities of Cookies with Pholiota adiposa Powder
검은비늘버섯 분말을 첨가한 쿠키의 품질특성 및 항산화활성
- Kim, Ji Won (Chungcheongbukdo Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Kim, Sang Hee (Chungcheongbukdo Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Yoon, Hyang-Sik (Chungcheongbukdo Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Song, Dal Nym (Chungcheongbukdo Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Kim, Min Ja (Chungcheongbukdo Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Chang, Who-Bong (Chungcheongbukdo Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Song, In Gyu (Chungcheongbukdo Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Eom, Hyun-Ju (Chungcheongbukdo Agricultural Research and Extension Services)
- 김지원 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 김상희 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 윤향식 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 송달님 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 김민자 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 장후봉 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 송인규 (충청북도농업기술원) ;
- 엄현주 (충청북도농업기술원)
- Received : 2013.09.04
- Accepted : 2013.10.02
- Published : 2013.12.31
Pholiota adiposa is an edible as well as medicinal mushroom cultured in China and Japan with anti-tumor, anti-microbial, anti-hypertensive, and anti-hyperlipidemic activities. This study was carried out to investigate the quality characteristics of cookies added with Pholiota adiposa powder. Chemical composition of Pholiota adiposa powder was as follows: 3.8% moisture, 6.9% ash, 1% crude lipids, 3% protein, 53.3% carbohydrates, and 31.9% crude dietary fiber. To analyze quality characteristics during the manufacture of cookies, pH, texture, color, antioxidant activity, total polyphenol content, and sensory evaluation were determined. As the content of Pholiota adiposa powder increased, the pH of cookies decreased from 6.7 to 6.02. Hardness of cookies decreased with increasing Pholiota adiposa powder content, and cookies added with 5% powder were softer than the control. Regarding surface color, L-value decreased with increasing powder content compared to that of the control, whereas in surface color among various powder levels was not significantly different. As the content of Pholiota adiposa powder increased, both antioxidant activity and total polyphenol content increased. In the sensory evaluation, cookies added with 3% Pholiota adiposa powder showed remarkably higher values compared to control and other amples in all aspects.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Wang CR, Qiao WT, Zhang YN, Liu F. 2013. Effects of adenosine extract from Pholiota adiposa (Fr.) quel on mRNA expressions of superoxide dismutase and immunomodulatory cytokines. Molecules 18: 1775-1782. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules18021775
- Zhang GQ, Sun J, Wang HX, Ng TB. 2009. A novel lectin with antiproliferative activity from the medicinal mushroom Pholiota adiposa. Acta Biochim Pol 56: 415-421.
- Deng P, Zhang G, Zhou B, Lin R, Jia L, Fan K, Liu X, Wang G, Wang L, Zhang J. 2011. Extraction and in vitro antioxidant activity of intracellular polysaccharide by Pholiota adiposa SX-02. J Biosci Bioeng 111: 50-54. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiosc.2010.08.004
- Yu HE, Lee DH, Seo GS, Cho SM, Lee JS. 2007. Characterization of a novel β-hydroxy-β-methyl glutaryl coenzyme A reductase-inhibitor from the mushroom, Pholiota adiposa. Biotechnol Bioprocess Eng 12: 618-624. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02931077
- Izawa H, Aoyagi Y. 2006. Inhibition of angiotensin converting enzyme by mushroom. Nippon Shokuhin Kogyo Gakkaishi 53: 459-465.
- Koo KC, Lee DH, Kim JH, Yu HE, Park JS, Lee JS. 2006. Production and characterization of antihypertensive angiotensin I-converting enzyme inhibitor from Pholiota adiposa. J Microbiol Biotechnol 16: 757-763.
- Kim KS, Joo SJ, Yoon HS, Hong JS, Kim ES, Park SG, Kim TS. 2003. Quality characteristics on noodle added with Pholiota adiposa mushroom powder. Korean J Food Preserv 10: 187-191.
- Yoon HS, Oh E, Joo SJ, Kim KS, Jeong EK, Chang WB, Kim SJ. 2004. Aroma characteristics of Pholiota adiposa (Geumbongi) with different drying methods. Korean J Food Sci Technol 36: 553-557.
- Shim EA, Kwon YM, Lee JS. 2012. Quality characteristics of cookies containing yacon (Smallanthus sonchifolius) leaf powder. Korean J Food Culture 27: 82-88. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC.2012.27.1.082
- Lee JS, Jeong SS. 2009. Quality characteristics of cookies prepared with button mushroom (Agaricus bisporous) powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 25: 98-105.
- Kim YJ, Jung IK, Kwak EJ. 2010. Quality characteristics and antioxidant activities of cookies added with Pleurotus eryngii powder. Korean J Food Sci Technol 42: 183-189.
- Lee SJ, Shin JH, Choi DJ, Kwen OC. 2007. Quality characteristics of cookies prepared with fresh and steamed garlic powders. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36: 1048-1054. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.8.1048
- Kim GS, Park GS. 2008. Quality characteristics of cookies prepared with lotus leaf powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 24: 398-404.
- Lee JS, Oh MS. 2006. Quality characteristics of cookies with black rice flour. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 22: 193-203.
- Park ID. 2012. Effects of sweet pumpkin powder on quality characteristics of cookies. Korean J Food Culture 27: 89-94. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC.2012.27.1.089
- AOAC. 2005. Official methods of analysis. 18th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. Method 923.03, 962.09, 925.09, 968.06.
- Bloid MS. 1958. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 181: 1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Amerine MA, Ough CS. 1980. Methods for analysis of musts and wine. Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA. p 176-180.
- SAS Institute Inc. 1995. SAS User's Guide. Statistical Analysis Systems Institute, Cary, NC, USA.
- Cho HS, Park BH, Kim KH, Kim HA. 2006. Antioxidative effect and quality characteristics of cookies made with sea tangle powder. Korean J Food Culture 21: 541-549.
- Jung KJ, Lee SJ. 2011. Quality characteristics of rice cookies prepared with sea mustard (Undaria pinnatifida Suringer) powder. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 1453-1459. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.10.1453
- Joo SY, Choi HY. 2012. Antioxidant activity and quality characteristics of cookies with chestnut inner shell. Korean J Food & Nutr 25: 224-232. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2012.25.2.224
- McWilliams M. 2001. Foods experimental perspectives. 5th ed. Prentice-Hall Inc., Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA. p 358-359.
- Choi HY. 2009. Antioxidant activity and quality characteristics of pine needle cookies. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 1414-1421. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.10.1414
- Lee JY, Ju JC, Park HJ, Heu ES, Choi SY, Shin JH. 2006. Quality characteristics of cookies with bamboo leaves powder. Korean J Food & Nutr 19: 1-7.
- Jeon HL, Oh HL, Kim CR, Hwang MH, Kim HD, Lee SW, Kim MR. 2013. Antioxidant activities and quality characteristics of cookies supplemented with mulberry pomace. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 42: 234-243. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.2.234
- Quality Characteristics and Antioxidative Activities of Rice Cookies with Rehmannia glutinosa Preparata vol.31, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2015.31.2.136
- Physiological Activities of Water Extract and Solvent Fractions of an Edible Mushroom, Pholiota adiposa vol.42, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2014.42.3.207
- Quality Characteristics of Cookies with Ginger Powder vol.31, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2015.31.6.703
- Quality Characteristics and Antioxidant Activities of Yanggaeng added with Pleurotus eryngii Powder vol.27, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2017.2.27.1.69
- Antioxidative Activities and Quality Characteristics of Rice Cookies with Added Ligularia fischeri (Ledeb.) Turcz. Powder vol.31, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2015.31.6.733
- Quality Characteristics of Cookies Containing Ligularia fischeri Powder vol.30, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2015.30.2.206