- Volume 42 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of Yakgwa Added with Ginseng Fruit, Leaf and Root
인삼열매, 잎 및 뿌리를 첨가한 약과의 품질특성
- Lee, Ka-Soon (Geumsan Ginseng & Medicinal Crop Experiment Station, CNARES) ;
- Kim, Gwan-Hou (Geumsan Ginseng & Medicinal Crop Experiment Station, CNARES) ;
- Seong, Bong-Jae (Geumsan Ginseng & Medicinal Crop Experiment Station, CNARES) ;
- Kim, Sun-Ick (Geumsan Ginseng & Medicinal Crop Experiment Station, CNARES) ;
- Han, Seung-Ho (Geumsan Ginseng & Medicinal Crop Experiment Station, CNARES) ;
- Lee, Sox-Su (Geumsan Ginseng & Medicinal Crop Experiment Station, CNARES) ;
- Song, Mi-Ran (Geumsan Agriculture Technology Center) ;
- Lee, Gyu-Hee (Dept. of Food Science and Biotechnology, Woo-Song University)
- 이가순 (충남농업기술원 금산인삼약초시험장) ;
- 김관후 (충남농업기술원 금산인삼약초시험장) ;
- 성봉재 (충남농업기술원 금산인삼약초시험장) ;
- 김선익 (충남농업기술원 금산인삼약초시험장) ;
- 한승호 (충남농업기술원 금산인삼약초시험장) ;
- 이석수 (충남농업기술원 금산인삼약초시험장) ;
- 송미란 (금산군농업기술센터) ;
- 이규희 (우송대학교 식품생물과학과)
- Received : 2013.08.06
- Accepted : 2013.08.26
- Published : 2013.12.31
In order to use the excellent features of saponin and phenolic compounds in the leaf and fruit of ginseng, ginseng fruit Yakgwa (GFY), ginseng leaf Yakgwa (GLY) and ginseng root Yakgwa (GRY) were made via adding the fruit, leaf and root powder in the process of making Yakgwa, and the properties were investigated. When making Yakgwa, GFY and GLY had superior expansion compared to GRY. 2.5-GFY (added 2.5% ginseng fruit powder) and 2.5-GLY (added 2.5% ginseng leaf powder) increased about 1.68 times and had better expansion than the control; however, when more amount of fruit and leaf were added, the expansion was decreased. The GFY and GLY showed green and red color, and the brightness and yellowness were decreased. Oil absorption during making Yakgwa showed to increase as the amount of fruit and leaf powder were increased regardless of the ginseng parts. Hardness of Yakgwa increased as the root additives were increased, and it decreased when leaf and fruit were added. The results of sensory evaluation on ginseng-based Yakgwa showed that oily taste was lowered as the amount of fruit and leaf additives were increased, which had increased the preference. On the overall preference of Yakgwa, 5.0-GFY, 2.5-GLY and 7.5-GRY was high, which contained 2.30 mg/g, 1.02 mg/g, and 0.91 mg/g of saponin, respectively.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Nam KY. 1996. The new Korean ginseng (constituent and its pharmacological efficacy). Korea Ginseng & Tabacco Research Institute, Daejeon, Korea. p 1-18.
- Huang KC. 1993. The pharmacology of Chinese herbs. CRC Press, Inc., New York, NY, USA. p 11-23.
- Yahara S, Matsuura K, Kasai R, Tanaka O. 1976. Saponins of buds and flowers of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer. (1). Isolation of ginsenoside-Rd, -Re, and -Rg1. Chem Pharm Bull 24: 3212-3213. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.24.3212
- Yahara S, Tanaka O, Komori T. 1976. Saponins of the leaves of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer. Chem Pharm Bull 24: 2204-2208. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.24.2204
- Cho SH. 1977. Saponins of Korean ginseng C.A. Meyer (Part II). The saponins of the ground part of ginseng. J Korean Agric Chem Soc 20: 142-146.
- Yahara S, Kaji K, Tanaka O. 1979. Further study on dammarane-type saponins of roots, leaves, flower-buds, and fruits of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer. Chem Pharm Bull 271: 88-92.
- Shao CJ, Xu JD, Kasai R, Tanaka O. 1989. Saponins from flower-buds of Panax ginseng cultivated at Jilin, China. Chem Pharm Bull 37: 1934-1935. https://doi.org/10.1248/cpb.37.1934
- Shi W, Wang Y, Li J, Zhang H, Ding L. 2007. Investigation of ginsenosides in different parts and ages of Panax ginseng. Food Chem 102: 664-668. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2006.05.053
- Hu JN, Lee JH, Shin JA, Choi JE, Lee KT. 2008. Determination of ginsenosides content in Korean ginseng seeds and roots by high performance liquid chromatography. Food Sci Biotechnol 17: 430-433.
- Choi JE, Li X, Han YH, Lee KT. 2009. Changes of saponin contents of leaves, stems and flower-buds of Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer by harvesting days. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 17: 251-256.
- Han JH, Park SJ, Ahn CN, Wee JJ, Kim KY, Park SH. 2004. Nutritional composition, ginsenoside content and fundamental safety evaluation with leaf and stem extract of Panax ginseng. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 33: 778-784. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.5.778
- http://fse.foodnara.go.kr/origin. Ginseng.
- Kim GH, Seung BJ, Kim SI, Han SH, Kim HH, Lee KS. 2011. Yield and quality characteristics of ginseng's first byproducts. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 19: 313-318. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2011.19.5.313
- Lee KS, Seong BJ, Kim GH, Kim SI, Han SH, Kim HH, Baik ND. 2010. Ginsenoside, phenolic acid composition and physiological significances of fermented ginseng leaf. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 39: 1194-1200. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.8.1194
- Lee SE, Lee SW, Bang JK, Yu YJ, Seong NS. 2004. Antioxidant activities of leaf, stem and root of Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 12: 237-242.
- Kim GH, Kim DM, Byun MW, Yun YS, Yook HS. 2013. Antioxidant activities of Panax ginseng flower-buds fermented with various microorganisms. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 42: 663-669. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.5.663
- Yoon SS. 1974. Korean food historical research. Shinkwang Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea. p 263-264.
- Choi SH, Cho YB. 2009. A study on the structural relations among well-being, selection attribute, customer satisfaction, customer loyalty for Korean traditional pastry. Korean J Culinary Res 15: 42-53.
- Kim JY, Shin DE, Jang KH, Kang WW. 2011. Quality characteristics of Yakwa added with vegetable powder. Korean J Culinary Res 17: 218-225.
- Kim YH, Han YS, Paik JE, Song TH. 2003. Screening of antioxidant activity in Dansam (Saliva miltiorrhiza) and additional effect on the shelf-life and the characteristics of Yakgwa. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 19: 463-469.
- Gwon SY, Moon BK. 2007. The quality characteristics and antioxidant activity of Yakgwa prepared with herbs. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 23: 899-907.
- Yun GY, Kim MA. 2005. The effect of green tea powder on Yackwa quality and preservation. Korean J Food Culture 20: 103-112.
- Hyun JS, Kim MA. 2005. The effect of addition of level of red ginseng powder on Yackwa quality and during storage. Korean J Food Culture 20: 352-359.
- Kim SW, Kim MA. 2001. Effect of various lipids on dough on Yackwa quality. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 17: 611-616.
- Lee JH, Park KM. 1995. Effect of ginger and soaking on the lipid oxidation in Yackwa. Korean J Soc Food Sci 11: 93-97.
- Lee GA. 2001. Effects of dipping syrups prepared with isomaltooligosaccharides on the Yackwa quality. Korean J Human Eco 10: 33-39.
- Lee GA, Lee YJ, Choi YJ. 2001. Effects of dipping syrups prepared with oligosaccharides on the physical and sensory characteristics of Yackwa. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 17: 399-404.
- Jang SY, Park MJ, Lee SY. 2009. Influence of different dipping temperature and time on quality characteristics of baked Yackwa. Korean J Food Culture 24: 426-432.
- Kim SW, Kim MA. 2001. Effect of various lipids in dough on Yackwa quality. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 17: 611-616.
- Ando T, Tanaka O, Shibata S. 1971. Chemical studies on the oriental plant drugs (XXV). Comparative studies on the saponins and sapogenins of ginseng and related crude drugs. Shoyakugaku Zasshi 25: 28-33.
- Dong W, Hoseney RC. 1995. Effects of certain breadmaking oxidation and reducing agents on dough rheological properties. Cereal Chem 72: 58-64.
- Oh YK, Kim CS. 2002. Effects of green tea powder on dough rheology and gelatinization characteristics. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 749-753. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.5.749
- Hwang CR, Joung EM, Lee SH, Hwang IG, Kim YB, Jeong JH, Lee JS, Jeong HS. 2013. Chemical components and enzyme activity of hydroponic-cultured ginseng roots and leaves under different heating temperature. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 42: 911-916. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.6.911
- Yoo MY, Oh MS. 1997. Effect of preparing conditions on the absorbed oil content of Yackwa. Korean J Soc Food Sci 13: 40-46.
- Lee SY, Kim MA. 2002. Effects of emulsifiers on the quality characteristics of Yackwa. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 18: 333-339.
- Lee KA. 2006. Effect of black rice flour replacement on physiochemical, textural and sensory properties of Yackwa. Korean J Human Eco 15: 669-674.
- Kitagawa I. 1983. Chemical studies on crude drug processing. I. On the constituents of ginseng radix rubra (I). Yakugaku Zasshi 103: 612-622. https://doi.org/10.1248/yakushi1947.103.6_612
- The Study on Development of Processed Foods with Chestnut vol.31, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2016.31.2.194
- Quality Characteristics of Yakgwa added with Ethanol Extract from Black Lentil (Lens culinaris) vol.27, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2017.4.27.2.114
- Sensory Characteristics and Consumer Acceptance of Yakgwa with Glutinous Rice Flour vol.26, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.17495/easdl.2016.6.26.3.271
- Quality Characteristics of Cookies Added with Ginseng Leaf vol.30, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2014.30.6.679
- Quality Characteristics of Madeleine Added with Organic Ginseng (Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer) Leaf vol.45, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.5.717
- Changes of Fatty Acids, Minerals and Ginsenosides on Ginseng Seeds during Stratifying Treatment vol.23, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2015.23.5.406
- Effects of jupcheong (soaking in syrup) with ginger powder on the lipid oxidation and antioxidant stability of yakgwa (Korean deep-fried confection) pp.2092-6456, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-018-0471-5