- Volume 42 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Effect of Squid and Octopus on the Quality Characteristics of Kimchi during Fermentation
문어와 오징어의 첨가량에 따른 배추김치의 숙성 중 품질특성에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Mi-Ai (World Institute of Kimchi) ;
- Seo, Hye-Young (World Institute of Kimchi) ;
- Yang, Ji-Hee (World Institute of Kimchi) ;
- Jang, Mi-Soon (Food and Safety Research Center, National Fisheries Research and Development Institute)
- Received : 2013.08.06
- Accepted : 2013.09.11
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study was carried out to investigate the chemical and microbiological properties of Kimchi containing different amounts of squid and octopus during fermentation at
Supported by : 농림수산식품기술기획평가원
- Bang BH, Seo JS, Jeong EJ. 2008. A method for maintaining good Kimchi quality during fermentation. Korean J Food & Nutr 21: 51-55.
- Lee MK, Rhee KK, Jang DJ. 2007. A survey of research papers on Korean Kimchi and R&D trends. Korean J Food Culture 22: 104-114.
- Lee JJ, Lee YM, Kim AR, Chang HC, Lee MY. 2008. Effect of Leuconostoc kimchi GJ2 isolated from kimchi (fermented Korean cabbage) on lipid metabolism in high cholesterol-fed rats. Korean J Food Preserv 15: 760-768.
- Kim YJ, Park WS, Koo KH, Kim MR, Jang JJ. 2000. Inhibitory effect of Baechu Kimchi (Chinese cabbage Kimchi) and Kakduki (radish Kimchi) on diethylnitrosamine and D-galatosamine induced hepatocarcinogenesis. Food Sci Biotechnol 9: 89-94.
- Sim KH, Han YS. 2008. Effect of red pepper seed on kimchi antioxidant activity during fermentation. Food Sci Biotechnol 17: 295-301.
- Sung JM, Lim JH, Kim SI, Jeong JW. 2009. Effect of mashed red pepper admixed with various freezing point depression agents on the quality characteristics of kimchi. Korean J Food Preserv 16: 861-868.
- Hwang IG, Kim HY, Hwang Y, Jeong HS, Lee JS, Kim HY, Yoo SM. 2012. Changes in quality characteristic of Kimchi added with the fresh red pepper (Capsicum annum L.). Korean J Food Cookey Sci 28: 167-174. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.2.167
- Park SH, Lee JH. 2005. The correlation of physico-chemical characteristics of Kimchi with sourness and overall acceptability. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 21: 103-109.
- Yoon SS. 1992. A historical study of Korean traditional kimchi. Korean J Dietary Culture 6: 467-477.
- Han JS, Lee SH, Lee KI, Park KY. 1995. Standardizations of traditional special kimchi in Kyungsang province. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 5: 27-38.
- Kim KH, Cho HS. 2008. Physicochemical and microbiological properties of skate (Raja kenojei) kimchi on the market. Korean J Food Culture 23: 235-242.
- Bae MS, Lee SC. 2008. Preparation and characteristics of kimchi with added Styela clava. Korea J Food Cookery Sci 24: 573-579.
- Sung JM, Choi HY. 2009. Effects of Alaska pollack addition on the quality of Kimchi (Korean salted cabbage). Korean J Food Preserv 16: 772-781.
- Jung YK, Oh SH, Ki SD. 2007. Fermentation and quality characteristics of Kwamaegi added Kimchi. Korean J Food Preserv 14: 526-530.
- Park SY, Lim HY, Park SG, Cho MJ. 2012. Quality and preference changes red sea cucumber (Stichopus japonicus) Kimchi during storage period. J Appl Biol Chem 55: 135-140. https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2011.071
- Lee HA, Song YO, Jang MS, Han JS. 2013. Effect of Ecklonia cava on the quality kimchi during fermentation. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 42: 83-88. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.1.083
- Jang MS, Park HY, Park JI, Byun HS, Kim YK, Yoon HD. 2011. Analysis of nutrient composition of baechu kimchi (Chinese cabbage kimchi) with seafoods. Korean J Food Preserv 18: 535-545. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2011.18.4.535
- Kang KT, Heu MS, Kim JS. 2007. Development of seasoned and dried squid slice. J Korean Soc Appl Biol Chem 50: 116-120.
- Hwang SH, Youn KS. 2008. Stability and quality characteristics of squid liver oil during refining process. Food Eng Prog 12: 284-288.
- Kim DS, Kim YM, Woo SG. 1990. Studies on the nonvolatile organic acids in the extracts of dried squid. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 19: 305-310.
- Rosa R, Costa PR, Nunes ML. 2004. Effects of sexual maturation on the tissue biochemical composition of Octopus vulagris and O. defilippi (Mollusca: Cephalopoda). Marine Biology 145: 563-574.
- Woo MJ, Choi JR, Kim MJ, Jang MS, Cho EJ, Song YO. 2012. Physicochemical characteristics of seafood added kimchi during fermentation and its sensory properties. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41: 1771-1777. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.12.1771
- Miller GL. 1959. Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination of reducing sugar. Anal Chem 31: 426-428. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60147a030
- Ministry of Social Welfare of Social Welfare of Japan. 1960. Guide to Experiment of Sanitary Infection. III. Volatile basic nitrogen. Kenpakusha, Tokyo, Japan. p 30-32.
- Duncan DB. 1955. Multiple-range and multiple F tests. Biometrics 11: 1-42. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Kim YW, Kung JK, Cho YJ, Lee SJ, Kim SH, Park KY, Kang SA. 2009. Quality changes in brined Baechu cabbage using different types of polyethylene film and salt content during storage. Korean J Food Preserv 16: 605-611.
- Ryu BM, Jeon YS, Song YS, Moon GS. 1996. Physicochemical and sensory characteristics of anchovy added kimchi. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 25: 460-469.
- Chae SK. 2011. Studies on microbial and enzymatic actions during the ripening process of salted Alsaka pollack tripe. Korean J Food & Nutr 24: 340-349. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2011.24.3.340
- Kim HJ, Eo JH, Kim SJ, Eun JB. 2010. Physicochemical changes in fermented skate (Raja kenojei) treated with organic acids during storage. Korean J Food Sci Technol 42: 438-444.
- Kim SR, Han DW, Im MJ, Cho SY. 2012. Optimal processing conditions and concentrations for red pepper powder and crushed garlic in the manufacture of squid Todarodes paxificus Sikhae. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 45: 640-647. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2012.0640
- Mheen TI, Kwon TW. 1984. Effect of temperature and salt concentration on Kimchi fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 16: 443-450.
- Moon SW, Lee MK. 2011. Effects of added harvey powder on the quality of Yulmoo Kimchi. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 435-443. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.3.435
- Park WP, Park KD, Kim JH, Cho YB, Lee MJ. 2000. Effect of washing conditions in salted Chinese cabbage on the quality of kimchi. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 29: 30-34.
- Physicochemical changes in kimchi containing skate (Raja kenojei) pretreated with organic acids during fermentation vol.25, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-016-0214-4
- A mathematical model to predict ripening degree of kimchi , a Korean fermented vegetable for meeting consumer preference and controlling shelf life on real time basis vol.12, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fpsl.2017.02.002