- Volume 42 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Operation and Perception on Dietary Life Education and Nutrition Counseling of Elementary School in Chungbuk Province
충북지역 초등학교 영양교사의 식생활 교육과 영양상담 운영실태 및 인식
- Kim, Myoung-Sil (Graduate school of Education, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Hye Jin (Cheongju Immigration Detention Center) ;
- Lee, Young Eun (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2013.07.23
- Accepted : 2013.11.11
- Published : 2013.12.31
The purpose of this study is to present a more effective nutrition education activation plan. As a result of investigating the dietary education operating situation, 58.9% underwent direct education, and 89.5% underwent food life education through traditional food culture succeeding business operation. The results from investigating the recognition regarding dietary education are as follows. The activation level by education types was as low as 2.24 points, the necessity was as high as 4.54 points, the difficult point in performing food life education was 'overwork' with 4.43 points, and the teaching activity ability level was 'can effectively prepare a teaching guidance plan' at 2.96 points. As a result of investigating the nutrition consultation operating situations, 62.8% underwent it and all of the students as well as some parents and teachers performed it. The consumed time per consultation for effective nutrition consultation was 10~20 minutes, the required education equipment and data were 'consultation program' with 40.3%, and the important content during consultation was 'contents related to eating habits' with 70.5%, which was recognized as the most important.
- Kim JH. 2010. The study of the reality of nutritional education, before and after working as nutrition teachers. MS Thesis. Kangwon National University, Gangwon, Korea. p 1-10, 23.
- Han YH. 2008. Jeonju.Wonju perception of elementary school teachers about nutrition education. MS Thesis. Wonkwang University, Jeonbuk, Korea. p 4.
- Her ES, Lee KH. 2002. Development of computer-aided nutritional education program. Korean J Nutr 35: 791-799.
- Chang SO, Lee KS. 1996. The effects of nutrition education on children who avoid to eat vegetables. J Korean Diet Assoc 1: 2-9.
- Yoon HS, Yang HL, Her ES. 2000. Effect of nutrition education program on nutrition knowledge, dietary diversity of elementary school children. Korean J Community Nutrition 5: 513-521.
- Jo HN. 2006. Effects of nutrition counseling in school on foodhabit, dietary attitude, nutrition knowledge and nutrient intake of obese children in Jeonbuk province. MS Thesis. Chonbuk National University, Jeonbuk, Korea. p 39-41.
- Lee YM. 2004. Effects of nutrition education through discretional activities in elementary school. MS Thesis. Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea. p 3, 42.
- Ku JO. 2007. Nutrition education & practice. Powerbook, Seoul, Korea. p 250.
- Paek JJ. 1990. Nutrition knowledge and food habits of elementary teachers. MS Thesis. Gangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea. p 85-97.
- Kim JG, Kang JY, Jeon SY. 1989. Nutrition Education. Jigu Publishing Co., Paju, Korea. p 191.
- Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development 2006. Teacher qualification practical handbook. Korea. p 77.
- Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development. 2007. School meals enachment commentary book. Korea. p 47-50.
- Kim HJ. 2008. A literature review study to identify the status and method of nutrition education in elementary school. MS Thesis. University of Ulsan, Ulsan, Korea. p 2.
- Jeong SH. 2010. A research on the actual conditions of nutrition education activities by nutrition teachers of elementary schools in Seoul. MS Thesis. Dankook University, Seoul, Korea. p 1-36.
- Hong GK. 2002. A study on the professional guidance and counseling for children in elementary schools. Journal of Elementary Education 15: 1-20.
- Park HR. 1998. Nutrition education media production and utilization Ⅱ. Nutrition and Dietetics 21: 14-23.
- Her ES, Yang HL, Yoon HS, Lee KH. 2002. Nutritional education status and recognition of the importance of elementary school dietitians in the Gyeongnam area. Korean J Community Nutrition 7: 781-793.
- Kim SY. 2006. A study on the reality of nutrition education of school food service dietitians. MS Thesis. Wonkwang University, Jeonbuk, Korea. p 21, 46.
- Jeon EJ. 2008. Nutrition teacher's perception of nutrition education after the placement of nutrition teachers. MS Thesis. Wonkwang University, Jeonbuk, Korea. p 6-35.
- Her ES. 2003. Evaluation of problem and nutritional education status for children's nutrition, and the development of internet assisted nutritional education program for chilren's healthy dietary habit. PhD Dissertation. Changwon National University, Gyeongnam, Korea. p 104-133.
- Park YH, Kim HH, Sin KH, Sin EK, Bae IS, Lee YK. 2006. A survey on practice of nutrition education and perception for implementing nutrition education by nutrition teacher in elementary schools. Korean J Nutr 39: 403-416.
- Park NK. 2006. A study on the reality and recognition of nutrition education of nutritionists who are in charge of school meals in Kyeongki-do. MS Thesis. Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea. p 27-28.
- Sin EK, Sin KH, Kim HH, Park YH, Bae IS, Lee YK. 2006. A survey on the needs of educators, learners and parents for implementing nutrition education by nutrition teachers in elementary schools. J Korean Diet Assoc 12: 89-101.
- Chungcheongbukdo Office of Education. 2010. School meals default orientation plan. Chungbuk Office of Education, Cheongju, Korea. p 25-28.
- Park SH. 2005. Nutrition education programs in school foodservice: development and application for evaluation. MS Thesis. Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea. p 130-135.
- Youn HJ, Han YH, Hyun T. 2007. Amounts and food sources of nutrients of elementary school lunch menus by the type of foodservice and the percent energy from fat. Korean J Community Nutr 12: 90-105.
- Lee SM. 2008. A study on the current status of nutrition education by nutrition teachers in elementary schools in Daegu. MS Thesis. Yeungnam University, Gyeongbuk, Korea. p 13, 51.
- Lee OH, Chang OS, Park MJ. 2008. Comparison of nutrition knowledge, dietary attitude and dietary habit in elementary school children with and without nutrition education. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 1427-1435. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.11.1427
- Cheong HS, Lee JS. 2012. Study on nutrition education and perception of nutrition teachers and dietitians in Gyeongnam area. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 23: 229-240. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.3.229
- Lee YE. 2000. Development of the standardized school foodservice dietician indices by job analysis. PhD Dissertation. Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea. p 120.
- Bae IS, Shin KH, Lee YK, Lee SK. 2005. Perception of the elementary school dietitians and students on nutrition education to set up the roles of nutrition teacher: centered on Daegu city and Gyeongbuk province. J Korean Diet Assoc 11: 393-404.
- Park SJ. 2000. The effect of nutrition education program for elementary school children: especially focused on being familiar with vegetables. J Korean Diet Assoc 6: 17-25.
- Lee JE. 2008. A study on the nutrition education's actual conditions and recognition of the school nutrition teachers and nutritionists in Gyeonggi-do. MS Thesis. Kyonggi University, Gyeonggi, Korea. p 27-31.
- Choi YE. 2009. Survey on nutrition education as nutrition teachers of elementary schools in Busan. MS Thesis. Silla University, Busan, Korea. p 22-30.
- Min SJ. 2010. An analysis of demands for improving teaching and learning competence of nutrition teachers. MS Thesis. Gangwon National University, Gangwon, Korea. p 31.
- Yoo EA. 2008. Studies on the current situation of nutrition education and job satisfaction of nutrition teachers. MS Thesis. Yeungnam University, Gyeongbuk, Korea. p 21.
- Lee EJ. 2007. Preliminary nutrition teacher's recognition and attitudes towards nutritional education. MS Thesis. Sangji University, Gangwon, Korea. p 43-44.
- Park JA, Chang KJ. 2004. A study on elementary school dietitian's status and recognition of nutrition education in Incheon. Korean J Community Nutr 9: 716-724.
- Lee MY. 2009. Status of school nutrition counselling of school foodservice dietitians. MS Thesis. Daejin University, Gyeonggi, Korea. p 9, 19.
- Lee KH. 2011. Situation and problems of nutrition counseling in schools in Gyeongbuk. MS Thesis. Catholic University of Daegu, Gyeongbuk, Korea. p 23.
- Park SH. 2010. A study on current status and improvement plans of nutrition education and counseling in elementary schools in Seoul. MS Thesis. Kyunghee University, Seoul, Korea. p 43.
- Lee IS. 2011. Nutrition counseling practice, perception, and nutrition knowledge of nutrition counseling participants and non-participants-elementary students in Gyeongbuk province-. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 21: 146-153.
- Department of Health and Human Services. 2010. 2009 Korean youth health risk behavior on-line survey. p 24-25
- Guo SS, Roche AF, Chumlea WC, Gardner JD, Siervogel RM. 1994. The predictive value of childhood body mass index values for overweight at age 35 y. Am J Clin Nutr 59: 810-819. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/59.4.810
- Must A, Jacques PF, Dallal GE, Bajema CJ, Dietz WH. 1992. Long-term morbidity and mortality of overweight adolescent. A follow-up of the Harvard Growth Study of 1922 to 1935. N Engl J Med 327: 1350-1355. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199211053271904
- Her YY. 2009. A study on the status, importance, and performance of the school obesity education in elementary school. MS Thesis. Myongji University, Seoul, Korea. p 13.
- Kim MN. 2002. An analysis of teachers perspectives on elementary schools counseling. MS Thesis. Inje University, Gyeongnam, Korea. p 16-30.
- Yoo MH. 2009. Recognition on eating habit and nutrition counselling of some elementary students in Bucheon area. MS Thesis. Dankook University, Seoul, Korea. p 53-54.
- Han JY. 2011. Eating habit and nutrition consulting request reserch of elementary students by residential areas (country type, city type). MS Thesis. Dankook University, Gyeonggi, Korea. p 31-36.
- An KJ. 2008. Survey on nutrition counseling practice in Gyeongnam area. MS Thesis. Kyungnam University, Changwon, Korea. p 49.
- Actual Status of Task Performance and Need for System Improvement for Nutrition Teachers vol.45, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.3.420
- Operation and Training Demand on Dietary Life Education of Nutrition Teachers in Jeonbuk Province vol.23, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2014.23.1.149
- Status and Need Assessment on Nutrition & Dietary Life Education among Nutrition Teachers in Elementary, Middle and High Schools vol.21, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2016.21.2.152
- Status and Training Demand on Dietary Education of Kindergarten Teachers in Jeonbuk Province vol.24, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2015.24.1.137
- Correlation analysis of sodium-related knowledge, dietary behavior, attitudes towards a low-salt diet and meal attitude guidance for elementary school teachers in Jeonbuk area vol.50, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2017.50.2.180
- Importance–Performance Analysis (IPA) of Foodservice Operation, Dietary Life Education, and Nutrition Counseling Tasks of Nutrition Teachers and Dietitians in Jeju, Korea vol.9, pp.10, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/nu9101157