- Volume 38 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Apo Taq expression on salivary glands by the restraint stress in Rat
구속 스트레스에 대한 백서 타액선의 Apo Taq 발현
- Cho, Sung-Kuk (Department of Orofacial Pain and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Kang, Soo-Kyung (Department of Orofacial Pain and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Auh, Q-Schick (Department of Orofacial Pain and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Chun, Yang-Hyun (Department of Orofacial Pain and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Hong, Jung-Pyo (Department of Orofacial Pain and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University)
- 조성국 (경희대학교 치의학전문대학원 안면통증.구강내과학교실) ;
- 강수경 (경희대학교 치의학전문대학원 안면통증.구강내과학교실) ;
- 어규식 (경희대학교 치의학전문대학원 안면통증.구강내과학교실) ;
- 전양현 (경희대학교 치의학전문대학원 안면통증.구강내과학교실) ;
- 홍정표 (경희대학교 치의학전문대학원 안면통증.구강내과학교실)
- Received : 2013.10.21
- Accepted : 2013.11.15
- Published : 2013.12.30
On this study, we treated rats with restraint stress, and observed the changes with an optical microscope. Within the salivary gland tissue, we measured cell apoptosis cycle evaluation which show positive reaction on TUNEL assay, and compared within the groups. For this study, 18 rats were divided into 3 groups; 1) 2 rats of group I were selected as a normal control. 2) 2 rats of group II, as a experimental control were placed in the restraint cone for 2 hours 3) 14 rats of group III were placed in the restraint cone for 2 hours once a day. The rats were sacrificed immediately (group II, as a experimental control), 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7days after application of the stress and the both parotid glands were excised. The conclusions follow. 1. 5 days after giving an confining stress to the parotid gland of Rats, we can observe the hypotropy and pus and inflammation of Rat parotid gland acinar cells, and after 7 days, we can see a cell apoptosis. 2. Through the In situ DNA end labeling assay and TUNEL dye, on serous glands, benign tumor cell increased with statistically significant result after 5 days from confining stress. And the index shows maximum value on 7th days, which is same result with histological opinion. Therefore, our study shows that a cell apoptosis can be induced by restraint stress on salivary gland tissue, and we think more study should be accomplished about the cell signaling pathway in the future.
- 전양현, 홍정표. 스트레스와 구강질환. 대한신심스트레스학회지. 199;53(1):57-72.
- 김흥모, 전양현, 홍정표. 스트레스가 streptozotocin 유도 당뇨백서의 타액선에 미치는 영향. 대한구강내과학회지. 1997;22(1):65-80.
- 전양현, 홍정표. 스트레스가 streptozotocin 유도 당뇨백서 타액선의 clusterin(SGP-2) 변화에 미치는 영향에 관한 분자생물학적 연구. 대한신심스트레스학회지. 1997;5(2): 13-32.
- 김영준. 스트레스와 정신의학. 대한신심스트레스학회지. 1993;1(1):97-102.
- Kleinhauz IEM, Baht R and Littner M. Ante-cedents of burning mouth syndrome - recent life event vs. psychopathologic aspects. J Dent Res. 1994;73:567-571.
- Martin SG, Michael G, Jonathan A. Burket's oral medicine. 11th ed. 2008. BC Decker.
- Kim JH, Kim JH, Jun HO, Yu YS, Min BH, Park KH, Kim KW. Protective effect of clusterin from oxidative stress-induced apoptosis in human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51(1):561- 566. https://doi.org/10.1167/iovs.09-3774
- Daish TJ, Mills K, Kumar S. Drosophila caspase DRONC is required for specific developmental cell death pathways and stress-induced apoptosis. Dev Cell. 2004;7(6):909-915. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.devcel.2004.09.018
- Shires GT. Important factors in the maintenance fo homeostasis in the surgical patient. Acta Chir Scand (Suppl). 1988;550: 29-35.
- Cannon WB. The emergency function of the adrenal medulla in pain and the major emotions. Am J Physiology. 1914;33:356-372.
- Frankenhaeuser M. Psychoneuroendocrine approaches to the study of the emotion as related to stress and coping. In H.E. Howe & R. A. Dienstibier(eds.). Nebraska symposium on motivation 1978 Lincon. 1979. University of Nebraska Press.
- Frankenhaeuser M and Lundberg U. Sympathetic-adrenal and pituitary-adrenal response to challenge. In P Pichot, P Berner, R Wolf & K Thau(Eds.), Psychiatry, Vol. 2, London. 1985. Plenum.
- Chrousos GP. Stressor, stress and neuroendocrinology intergration of the adaptive response. The 1997 Hans Selye Memorial lecture. Ann NY Acad Sci. 1998;851:311-335. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1749-6632.1998.tb09006.x
- Chrousos GP. The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and immune- mediated inflammation. N Engl J Med. 1995;332:1351-1362. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199505183322008
- Calabrase JR, Kling MA and Gold PW. Alteration in immunocompetence during stress, bereavement and depression: Focus on neuroendocrine regulation. Am J Psychiatry. 1987;144(9):1123-1134. https://doi.org/10.1176/ajp.144.9.1123
- Kiecolt-Glaser JK, Garner W, Speicher C, Penn GM, Holliday J and Glaser R. Psychosocial modiffiers of immunocompetence in medical students. Psychosomatic Medicine. 1984;46(1): 7-14. https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-198401000-00003
- Ader R, Cohen N. Psychoneuroimmunology: conditioning and stress. Annu Rev Psycho, 1993; 44:53-85. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.ps.44.020193.000413
- McEwen BS, Stellar E. Stress and the individual: mechanisms leading to disease. Arch Intern Med. 1993;153:2093-2101. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.1993.00410180039004
- Macleod RI. Psychologic factors in oral lichen planus. Br Dent J, 1992;173 (3):88.
- Redman RS, Vance FL, Gorlin RJ, Peagler FD and Meskin LH. Psychological component in the etiology of geographic tongue. J Dent Res. 1966;45:1403- 1408. https://doi.org/10.1177/00220345660450052301
- Bierman SM. A retrospective study of 375 patients with genital herpes simplex infections seen between 1973 and 1980. Cutis. 1983;31:548-565.
- Browning S, Hislop S Scully C and Shirlaw P. The association between burning mouth syndrome and psychosocial disorders. Oral surg. 1987; 64:171-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-4220(87)90085-5
- Stephens LC, Schultheiss TE, Pcie RE, Ang KKm Peers LJ. Radiation apoptotis of serous acinar cells of salivary gland and lacrimal glands. Cancer. 1991;67; 1539. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(19910315)67:6<1539::AID-CNCR2820670613>3.0.CO;2-Q
- Arends MJ, Wyllie AH. Apoptosis: mechanisms and roles in pathology. Int Rev Exp Pathol 1991;32:223-254. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-364932-4.50010-1
- Kerr JF, Gobe GC, Winterford CM, Harmon BV. Anatomical methods in cell death. Methods Cell Biol. 1995;46:1-27. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0091-679X(08)61921-4
- Wang B, Takeda H, Gao WM, Zhou XY, Odaka T, Ohyama H, et al. Induction of apoptosis by beta radiation from tritium compounds in mouse embryonic brain cells. Health Phys. 1999;77: 16-23. https://doi.org/10.1097/00004032-199907000-00005
- Bonfoco E, Krainc D, Ankarcrona M, Nicotera P, Lipton SA. Apoptosis and necrosis: two distinct events induced, respectively, by mild and intense insults with N-methyl-D-aspartate or nitric oxide/superoxide in cortical cell cultures. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1995;92: 7162-7166. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.92.16.7162
- Gavrieli Y, Sherman Y, Ben-Sasson SA. Identification of programmed cell death in situ via specific labeling of nuclear DNA fragmentation. J Cell Biol. 1992;119: 493-501. https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.119.3.493
- Morgan WF, Ager D, Chung HW, Ortiz T, Phillips JW, Winegar RA. The cytogenetic effects of restriction endonucleases following their introduction into cells by electroporation. Prog Clin Biol Res. 1990;340B:355-361.
- Billing H, Furta I, Hsueh AJW. Estrogens inhibit and androgen enhance ovarian grnulomsa cell apoptosis. Endocinology. 1993; 133:2204-2212.