- Volume 16 Issue 1
The previously developed practical inquiry activity supporting tools, deduced from the design principles and implementation principles based on the study of precedent researches and theories, applicable to conceptual learning in engineering education were implemented to an on-line learning community, a web-based Windows application, to find out its effectiveness in actual classroom situation through experimental research. The On-line learning community includes the inquiry activity menu to implement learning procedure of inquiry based conceptual learning, the functions supporting the communication among participants, the information sharing function, the scheduling function of class and inquiry activity, the mentoring function, and the evaluation of on-line activities of learners. Experimental study were also conducted in order to analyze the effects of inquiry activity supporting tools on inquiry based conceptual learning in engineering education.
Conceptual learning;Inquiry activity supporting tool;Inquiry based learning;Online learning community
- 윤찬경, 박종원(2006). 과학학습에서 개념적 이해의 평가를 위 한 문항 유형의 개발. 교과교육학연구, 10(2): 387-405.
- 강명희, 한연선(2000). 자원기반학습에서 탐구훈련모형의 활용이 탐구능력과 과제수행능력에 미치는 영향. 교육공학연구, 16(2): 3-18.
- 강석진, 노태희(2000). 토론과정에서 사회적 합의 형성을 강조 한 개념학습 전략의 효과. 한국과학교육학회지, 20(3): 250-261.
- 신선희(2009). 공학교육에서의 개념학습을 위한 탐구활동 지 원도구 설계연구. 한양대학교 교육공학과 박사학위 논문.
- Comeaux, P., & Huber, R.(2001). Students as Scientists: Using Interactive Technologies and Collaborative Inquiry in an Environmental Science Project for Teachers and Their Students, Journal of Science Teacher Education, 12(4): 235-252. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1014226110211
- Hake, R.(1998). Interactive-Engagement vs. Traditional Methods: a Six-Thousand -Student Survey of Mechanics Test Data for Introductory Physics Courses. American Journal of Physics, 66(1): 64-74. https://doi.org/10.1119/1.18809
- Mazur, E.(1997). Peer Instruction, New Jersey, Prentice Hall.
- Heo, H.(1998). The effect of self-regulated learning strategies on learner achievement and perceptions on personal learning responsibility. Ph.D. dissertation. The Florida State University.
- Laws, P., Sokoloff, D., & Thornton, R.(1999). Promoting Active Learning Using the Results of Physics Education Research. Universe Science News, 13(http://science.uniserve. edu.au/ newsletter/vol13/).
- Lightman, A., & Sadler, P.(1993). Teacher Predictions versus Actual Student Gains. The Physics Teacher, 31(3): 162-167. https://doi.org/10.1119/1.2343698
- Prince, M., & Felder, R.(2006). Inductive Teaching and Learning Methods; Definition, Comparisons, and Research Bases, Journal of Engineering Education, 95(2): 123-138. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2168-9830.2006.tb00884.x
- Prince, M., & Felder, R.(2007). The Many Faces of Inductive Teaching and Learning, Journal of College Science Teaching, 36(5): 14-20.
- Prince, M., & Vigeant, M. (2006). Using Inquiry-based Activities to Promote Understanding of Critical Engineering Concepts, American Society for Engineering Education, NSF Research Report.
- Redish, E., Saul, J., & Steinberg, R.(1997). On the Effectiveness of Active-Engagement Micro- computer- Based Laboratories. American Journal of Physics, 65(1): 45-54. https://doi.org/10.1119/1.18498
- Steif, P. S. (2003). Comparison Between Performance on a Concept Inventory and Solving of Multifaceted Problems. Conference Proceedings of Frontiers in Education, Boulder, Co., USA.
- van Zee et al. (2005). Learning and Teaching Science as Inquiry: A Case Study of Elementary School Teachers' Investigations of Light, Science Teacher Education, 89(6): 1007-1042.