- Volume 16 Issue 5
Analysis of Elementary and Secondary School Teachers' Recognition about Engineering Education in Elementary and Secondary School
초.중등학교 교사의 초.중등 공학교육에 대한 인식 분석
- Kim, Young Min (Department of Engineering Technology Education, Chungnam National University) ;
- Huh, Hye Yeon (Department of Engineering Technology Education, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Chang Hoon (Department of Mechanical & Metallurgical Engineering Education, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Ki Soo (Department of Technology Education, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2013.05.22
- Accepted : 2013.09.25
- Published : 2013.07.30
The purpose of this study is to analyze elementary and secondary school teachers' recognition about engineering education in elementary and secondary school. For this, we surveyed elementary and secondary school teachers. The result of this study is as follow. First, most teachers perceived that engineering positively affect national competitiveness and development. They also found that engineering education helps student to select natural science and engineering field career. Moreover, they perceived that engineering contents are not applied in elementary and secondary schools curriculums, hence it does not stimulate interest in engineering. Therefore, they perceived that if engineering education contents are systematically applied in formal curriculum, it will have a positive effect on current engineering education. Second, most teachers perceived that roles of engineering education are to make students learn creative design and problem solving process and inform about the engineering field career. They perceived that the best grade to start engineering education is 4~6 grade in elementary school and the best way to apply engineering education is through distributing engineering education contents to related subjects. They also perceived that technology subject has the most relation to engineering education and science subjects; mathematics subject follow after.
Supported by : 한국과학창의재단
- 교육과학기술부(2010). 2011년도 교육과학기술부 연두업무보고. 월드와이드웹 :http://www.mest.go.kr/에서 2013년 2월 20일 검색하였음.
- 김방희 ․ 이성희 ․ 태진미 ․ 김진수(2012). 초등학교 실과의 TSTEAM 프로그램 개발 및 수업적용. 창의력교육연구, 12(3): 210-211.
- 김영민(2012). 공학전문가가 인지하는 고등학교 공학 기술 교과 교육 목표와 내용 요소. 충남대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 김왕동(2011). 창의적 융합인재 양성을 위한 과제: 과학기술과 예술 융합(STEAM). 과학기술정책연구원, 67호.
- 박태현(2009). 청소년에게 공학마인드를 : 청소년 공학교육 현황과 방향. 공학교육, 16(2): 39-42.
- 손소영(2008). 특집: 영국의 청소년 공학 탐험프로그램 소개. 공학교육, 15(2): 16-19.
- 옥현주(2011). 영국의 STEM 교육 동향과 시사점. 월드와이드 웹: http://www.cdss.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=sub4_1&wr_id=9 에서 2013년 2월 21일 검색하였음.
- 이춘식(2008). 학생들의 기술에 대한 태도 척도 개발. 실과교육 연구, 14(2): 157-174.
- Executive Office of the President(2010). Report To The President Prepare And Inspire: K-12 Education In Science, Technology, Engineering, And Math (Stem) For America's Future. Retrieved Dec 18, 2011, from http://www.white house.gov/sites/default.files/microites/ostp/pcast-stemed-r eport.pdf.
- Global Creative Economy Convergence Summit(2009). Retrieved from http://www.gcecs2009.com/.
- Hamilton City Culture Report(2010). Understanding the planning context. Retrieved from http://www.hamilton.ca/ NR/rdonlyres/B7385630-3095-48C2-AAFC-D01026D3FA5 C/0/CultureReport_5Context_Aug23.pdf.
- Peters, Michael A. & Araya Daniel(2010). The creative economy: origins, categories, and concepts. In D. Araya & M. A. Peters (Eds.). Economy in the creative economy. NewYork: Peter Lang Publishing, Inc.
- Sanders. M.(2011). An introduction to integrative STEM education. STEAM 교육 국제세미나 자료집, 이화여자대학교. 4-25.