- Volume 16 Issue 5
A curriculum is a measure of how high level of knowledge is educated to students affiliated to university institutions, and is used as an indicator evaluating usefulness of the university institutions. For this reason, Designing and assessing curricula is a critical to high education institutions. However, in the case of development and quality assessment of a curriculum with a traditional way, finding a right curriculum which a designer intends is a time consuming and error-prone process. Therefore, in order to improve these problems, we propose the curriculum design engine using SES (System Entity Structure) / DEVS (Discrete Event System Specification) Framework in this paper. The SES describes all possible combination of curricula for students. The DEVS framework provides a simulation environment for models created from the SES by the students. The proposed engine will show appropriate curricula for students after a simulator appropriately filters students' requirement, according to conditions.
SES;DEVS;curriculum design engine;modeling
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Tag Gon Kim(2009). DEVSim++3.0 Developer's Manual" KAIST.
- 김철응 ․ 김민섭 ․ 현병훈 ․ 한영신(2010). 웹기반교육과정 개발 엔진 제안. 한국시뮬레이션학회, 춘계학술대회, 129-133.
- 지승도 ․ 이종근 ․ 이장세(1998). 캠퍼스 네트워크의 구성 및 성능분석 자동화 방법론. 한국시뮬레이션학회논문지, 7(2): 1-16.
- David R. Hill.(1996). Object-Oriented Analysis and Simulation. Addison-Wesley.
- Zeigler, B.P. & Zhang(1989). The System Entity Structure: Knowledge Representation for Simulation Modeling and Design, in Artificial Intelligence, Simulation and Modeling L. E. Widman, K. A. Loparo, and N. R. Nielsen, Eds. Wiley, New York, 47-73.
- Hamam Habib & Samia Loucif(2009). Web-Based Engine for Program Curriculum Designers. IEEE TRAANSACTIONS ON EDUCATION, 52(4).
- H. hubball & N. Gold(2008). The Scholarship of Curriculum Practice and Undergraduate Program Reform : Theorypractice Integration.
- J. D. Brown(1995). The elements of Language Curriculum: A Systematic Approach to Program Development., New York : Heinle & Heinle.
- J. C. Richards(2001). Curriculum Development in Language Education, Cambridge, U.K : Cambridge Univ. Press.
- World Wide Learn, "What is accreditation?"(2008)[Online] http://www.worldwidelearn.com/accreditation/index.html
- W. H. wulfeck & J. L. Dickson, J. Apple, & J. L. Vogt (1993). The Automation of Curriculum Development using the Authoring Instruction Materials(AIM) System, Instruction Sci. J. 21(4). 255-263. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00128495