- Volume 12 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Devising a Training Method for Assembly Work by Employing Disassembly
Ichikizaki, Osamu;Kubota, Ryou;Komori, Toshikazu;Matsumoto, Toshiyuki;Erikawa, Akihiro
- Received : 2013.01.20
- Accepted : 2013.10.29
- Published : 2013.12.31
Efficiency in work training is a perennial issue due to high-diversity low-volume production, particularly for manufacturers producing office machines which are manually assembled by workers. To reduce the training cost, parts used in training are usually reused; a trainer disassembles a product assembled by a worker in training. This paper proposes a training method that employs disassembly usually performed by a trainer. This method assigns both assembly and disassembly to a worker in training, in contrast to the conventional method. The effectiveness of the proposed method is experimentally discussed in terms of learning assembly motions and work procedure at each learning stage, namely, "undergoing learning," "immediately after learning," and "seven days after learning." The effectiveness of the training method is confirmed. The method improves the stability of work procedure recollection immediately after training. Furthermore, at seven days after training, it improves retention of the assembly motions and work procedure, and also promotes and maintains memory related to product structure.
Assembly;Disassembly;Motion;Work Procedure;Learning Process
- Alchian, A. (1963), Reliability of progress curves in airframe production, Econometrica, 31(4), 679-693. https://doi.org/10.2307/1909166
- Bevis, F. W., Finnlear, C., and Towill, D. R. (1970), Prediction of operator performance during learning of repetitive tasks, International Journal of Production Research, 8(4), 293-305. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207547008929848
- Fujita, A. (1978), The Fundamentals on IE, Kempakusha, Tokyo, Japan.
- Fukuda, Y. and Ohkubo, A. (1993), A study on learning of some works by work achievement method, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 29(4), 215-222. https://doi.org/10.5100/jje.29.215
- Hirschmann, W. B. (1964), The learning curve, Chemical Engineering, 71(7), 95-100.
- Ichikizaki, O. (2006), A fundamental study on mistakes made by workers who have acquired the work procedure, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 42(3), 172-180.
- Ichikizaki, O., Kanazawa, T., Cho, H., and Yamazaki, T. (2009), A fundamental study on analysis of acquisition process of work sequence and positions, Proceedings of the Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Systems Conference, Kitakyushu, Japan, 1714-1723.
- Ichikizaki, O., Yamazaki, T., and Kanazawa, T. (2010), A fundamental study on influence of errors on acquisition of work procedure in the acquisition process, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 46(6), 362-372. https://doi.org/10.5100/jje.46.362
- Jittachalothorn, P. (1998), A study on memorization process of work sequence, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 34(3), 129-142. https://doi.org/10.5100/jje.34.129
- Jittachalothorn, P. (2000), A study on memorization advancement method of work sequence, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 36(3), 105-117. https://doi.org/10.5100/jje.36.105
- Jittachalothorn, P., Matsumoto, T., and Kanazawa, T. (1996), A study on learning process using information memory and evaluation method, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 32(2), 63-70. https://doi.org/10.5100/jje.32.63
- Jittachalothorn, P., Matsumoto, T., and Kanazawa, T. (1997), A study on the effect of kinds and number of assembled parts on the memorization method in learning process, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 33(5), 305-315. https://doi.org/10.5100/jje.33.305
- Seibel, R. (1964), Levels of practice, learning curves, and system values for human performance on complex tasks, Human Factors, 6(3), 293-298. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872086400600309
- Shida, K. (2005), A basic study on motion pictures for the work instruction using a personal computer in an assembly work, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 41(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.5100/jje.41.1
- Shida, K., Ichikizaki, O., Matsumoto, T., and Kanazawa, T. (2003), A basic study on presentation information using a personal computer for the work instruction in assembly work: a comparison of the character information and the still picture information, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 39(5), 219-231. https://doi.org/10.5100/jje.39.219
- Suenaga, O. (1998), A study on training using active controller in man-machine system, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 34(2), 67-77. https://doi.org/10.5100/jje.34.67
- Suenaga, O. and Ihara, M. (1995), A study on training using active controller in man-machine system, Japanese Journal of Ergonomics, 31(1), 21-29. https://doi.org/10.5100/jje.31.21
- Wright, T. P. (1936), Factors affecting the cost of airplanes, Journal of the Aeronautical Sciences, 3(4), 122-128. https://doi.org/10.2514/8.155