- Volume 22 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A study on the runoff characteristics of livestock resources using artificial and natural rainfall
인공 및 자연강우를 이용한 축산자원화물의 배출특성에 관한 연구
- Jang, Mi Hyang ;
- Song, Si Hoon ;
- Lee, Hyun Kyu ;
- Choi, Yun Young ;
- Hwang, Ha Sun ;
- Kim, Eun Jung ;
- Kim, Yong Seok ;
- Lee, Jae Kwan ;
- Rhew, Doug Hee ;
- Park, Bae Kyung
- Received : 2013.05.15
- Accepted : 2013.12.23
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study conducted a laboratory simulation using artificial and natural rainfall in order to investigate the runoff characteristics of livestock resources through the analysis of the surface runoff water and infiltration water by rainfall intensity and fertilization level. Cattle manure and pig liquid fertilizer was used as livestock resource. As a result of this study, it was observed that the surface runoff occurred over 32 mm/hr rainfall intensity, and flow rate of the surface runoff water and the runoff ratio of contaminant parameters from livestock resource was increased, as rainfall intensity was stronger. With doubled fertilization level, T-N increased in compost and the amount of
Rainfall intensity;Cattle manure;Liquid fertilizer;Livestock resources
- Rural Development Administration, 2006, Fertilizer prescription standard by crops.
- Nam, J.J., Lee, H.H., 2012, The need for new quality standards setting for extension of utilization of anaerobic digestion liquid fertilizer of livestock manure, Korean National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage Magazine, 3, 43-53.
- Statistics Korea, 2013, http://www.index.go.kr.
- Han River Environment Research Center, 2005, An investigation study on the discharging unit load and characteristic of livestock(II).
- Ministry of environment, 2011, Official Waste Testing Method.
- Ministry of environment, 2011, Official Water Testing Method.
- Ministry of environment, 2008, Study on the improvement of regulation, retention and relaxation paddy soil required on liquid fertilizer sprinkling.
- Hong, S. G., Kim, J. T., 2001, Assessment of Leachate Characteristics of Manure Compost under Rainfall Simulation, Korean Society of Rural Planning, 7(2), 65-73.
- Jeong, I. H., Choi, S. C., Won, C. H., Chang, B. S., Rim, J. M., 2006, Runoff Characteristics of Nonpoint Source Pollution with Land Application of Animal Waste, The Korean Society of Water and Wastewater, 959-967.
- Joo, J. H., Jung, Y. S., Yang, J. E., Ok, Y. S., Oh, S. E., Yoo, K. Y., Yang, S. C., 2007, Assessment of Pollutant Loads from Alpine Agricultural Practices in Nakdong Rover Basin, Korean journal of environmental agriculture, 26(3), 233-238. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2007.26.3.233
- Lee, M. W., Lee, Y. S., 2009, A study on Runoff Characteristics of Non-point Pollutant with Rainfall Intensity, Korean Wetlands Society, 11(1), 91-97.
- Lim, J. M., Lee, Y. S., Han, G. B., 2009, A Study on the Livestock Resources regarding on the Discharging Characteristics from Farm Land, J. of KORRA, 17(4), 91-102.
- Oa, S. W., 2010, Runoff Characteristics of the Livestock Manure as Fertilizer at Farmland, Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, 26(5), 775-780.
- Song, J. H., Kang, M. S., Song, I. H., Jang, J. R., 2012, Comparing Farming methods in Pollutant runoff loads from Paddy Fields using the CREAMS- PADDY Model, Korean J Environ Agric, 31(4), 318-327. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2012.31.4.318