- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of the Degradation Trend of the Polyurethane Resilient Pad in the Rail Fastening System by Multi-stress Accelerated Degradation Test
복합가속열화시험을 통한 레일체결장치 폴리우레탄 탄성패드의 열화 경향 분석
- Sung, Deok-Yong (Department of Civil & Railroad Engineering, Daewon University) ;
- Park, Kwang-Hwa (Korea Testing & Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.09.03
- Accepted : 2013.10.14
- Published : 2013.12.31
The use of a concrete track is gradually growing in urban and high-speed railways in many part of the world. The resilient pad, which is essentially when concrete tracks are used, plays the important role of relieving the impact caused by train loads. The simple fatigue test to estimate the variable stiffness of resilient pads is usually performed, but it differs depending on the practical conditions of different railways. In this study, the static stiffness levels of used resilient pads according to passing tonnages levels were measured in laboratory tests. Also, the simple fatigue test and the multi-stress accelerated degradation test for new resilient pads were performed in a laboratory. The static stiffness of the used pad was compared with the results of tests of usage times and cycles. The results of the comparison showed that the variable static stiffness levels of the used pad were similar to results of the multi-stress accelerated degradation test considering the fatigue and heat load. With a T-NT equation related to the degree of the multi-stress accelerated degradation, a model of multi-stress accelerated degradation for a resilient pad was devised. It was found through this effort that the total acceleration factor was approximately 2.62. Finally, this study proposes an equation for a multi-stress accelerated degradation model for polyurethane resilient pads.
- MLTM (2009) KRS TR 0014-13R.
- Seoulmetro (2009) KRT-ET000-RF001, pp.318.
- Wayne B. Nelson (2004) Accelerated Testing : Statistical Models, Test Plans and Data Analysis, John Wiley&Sons Inc, New York, pp. 167-229.
- www.weibull.com, "Accelerated Life Testing Analysis(E-Textbook)", ReliaSoft.
- J.Y. Choi, G.S. Yi, H.U. Bae, et al. (2010) Investigation on the temperature characteristics of CWR for the climate change, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(2), pp.179-185.
- J.E. Mark (2005) Science and technology of rubber, Academic Press, New York, pp.614-618.
- D.H. Stamatic (1995) Failure Mode and Effect Analysis: FMEA from theory to execution, ASQC Quality Press, Milwaukee, pp.125-151, 1995.
- Seoulmetro (2010) Train Statistics of Seoulmetro.
- Y.G. Park, K.D. Kang, J.Y. Choi (2007) A Behavior Analysis of HSR Concrete Slab Track under Variety of Rail Pad Static Stiffness on Fatigue Effect, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 10(5), pp.499-505.
- S.Y. Kong, S.J. Kim (2007) A Study on the Optimum Stiffness of Concrete Slab Track, 2007 Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Jeju, pp.1-6.
- C.S. Woo, H.S. Park, B.I. Choi (2009) Useful Lifetime Prediction of Rail-pad by using the accelerated Heat aging Test, 2009 Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Gyeongju, pp.1010-1015.
- K.H. Park, D.Y. Sung, et al. (2010) A Study on the Analysis Method for the Variation of Stiffness of Polyurethane Resilient Pad in the Fastening System, 2010 Autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway,Jeju, pp. 1884-1893.
- Nagafuji, Takaharu (1994) Durability Design of Rail Fastening System, Railway Technical Research Inst., 35(4), pp. 229-234.
- Rhodes. D (2000) The Rail Fastening System, JRIA railway infrastructure engineering & management course, pp.E05.