- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on the Improvement and Effect of the Metro Fare System
광역철도 승차권제도 개선 및 효과에 관한 연구
- Yim, Chul (Operation Dept, Seoul Safety Department Team) ;
- Lee, Yongsang (Department of Railroad Management, Woosong University) ;
- Yoon, Kyoungman (Department of Management Research Institute, Korea Railroad Corp.)
- Received : 2013.05.15
- Accepted : 2013.10.22
- Published : 2013.12.31
Current metro tickets are categorized into transportation cards and monthly season tickets, which offer limited consumer choices. A metro fare system should be introduced based on the diversity of customer demand. Thus, this study's objective is that the metro fare system in Korea should be efficiently operated by analyzing a variety of metro fare systems used in major cities of other countries. In addition, this study proposed the following metro fare systems, one day pass, which is generally used in other countries in a bid to promote public transportation, reduce costs, and increase revenue. A commuting ticket system to increase the demand from cars to subways, and special discounts & a round-trip ticket system for round-trip travelers in case that demand is low was compared with the high supply on the Gyeongchun-line.
- J.Y. Lee (2013) A Study on the Relationship of Travel Behavior with Ridership for Regional Railways in the Korean Capital Region, Korea planners Association, 48(1), pp. 165-179.
- T.S. Lee, D.U. Lee, J.W. Ryu, C. Jeong (2007) A Study on Improvement the Fare System and Ticket System of the Metro based on the Operation and Maintenance Costs, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 10(3), pp. 327-336.
- H.S. Lee, H.N. Kim, S.Y. Shin, J.S. Park (2010) A Plan Increase Export By Domestic and Foreign Urban Railway Fare System, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 2010.7, 407P.
- G.U. Song, U. Jeong (2011) Gimhae-City Demand Generation Plan for the Activation of Urban rail operations, The Gyeongnam Development, 114(2011.5) pp. 75-78.
- J.M. Won (2001) Economics of public transport, 1151-1210, Jegi-dong, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, Korea Boseonggak, pp. 124-126.
- J.H. Oh, J.S. Choi, J.Y. Lee (2010) Reforming Transport Pricing Policies for Green Growth, The Korea Transport Institute 17(1), 2010.3.
- The Internal Data of Metropolitan Railroad HQ (2011.3).
- Public transportation fare in Paris, http://rail-story.com/150089202646
- Comparison fare of public transportation tickets in major internationalcity, http://www.parisvisite.co.kr/product.asp?cate_code=TR&div_cate_code=PV http://jszzang.tistory.com/58